Author Topic: Will '03 see transition cards?  (Read 4709 times)

SilverZ

Will '03 see transition cards?
« on: March 13, 2003, 01:48 AM »
I'm sitting here trying to digest the new pics (and avoid doing status reports for work) and I looked at the side-by-side shots of Yoda/Chian and Wat Tambor, and a thought occurred:

Could we being seeing a transition of '03 cards from the current design to something new mid-line, like the orange to green cards in POTF2?

Just to recap, there was the wave of POTF2 figures that briefly appeared on orange cards, only to quickly move to green cards weeks later, causing a rarity of the original cards.

Could this happen with the '03 figures? I'm starting to think there's a possibility we can see the already release Saga figures (starting with Tyrannus and Obi) repackaged in updated '03 cards. Just a thought for us carded collectors to ponder.

-J

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Will '03 see transition cards?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 02:21 AM »
I saw the new card there as well, and I'm really hoping the transition cards DON'T come to fruition on the earlier figures, though they very well might.  This is now giving us FOUR different cardbacks in the same calendar year - 3 for Saga alone!

Those new Saga cards are due to hit when the Clone Wars line gets released which is supposed to happen sometime around the beginning of Fall.  Hopefully they'll just keep the previous stuff on the 2nd Saga card version as those figures continue to ship, and keep the later, newer figures just on the 3rd Saga card versions, and continue to ship both.

Hasbro did report at the show today that both the Ephant Mon and the Imperial Officers would continue to ship throughout 2003, so therein lies your best examples to see what happens, I'm sure.  Oh, the woes of carded collecting...

Some more good news coming out of the show today from Hasbro is that they are supposedly NOT going to be making ANYTHING different about the rehash figures like Leia, Han, Maul, etc., and that includes any fancy new bases.  All they said that would be different is the inclusion of a clear, oval plastic figure stand just like the ones that recently came out in the POTJ Sandtrooper 4-packs.  That's it.  Loose collectors can breathe a sigh of relief there...  They did intimate that more rehashes were on the way though, and that they'd try to hit some of the harder to find figures too!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2003, 02:41 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re:Will '03 see transition cards?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2003, 01:01 PM »
If I was a carded collector I could see the frustrations with transition cards. It is not a fun thing. If they do happen to have transition cards I hope you all the best in acquiring the ones you want for your collections.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2003, 02:46 PM »
This is very frustrating to me. First, I am not finding new Saga where I live and now this. So many new awesome toys, and not being able to obtain them at retail (the fun thing- hunting).

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2003, 02:57 PM »
I sorta understand the reason tomake new cards, for change, for difrenciating betweeen the lines. But I wish they could stick with one design like the current saga line and leave it.  but either way I'm gonna get stuff no matter what the package looks like. Ipoen my stuff but save the packages (filling my attic with fire hazards :P)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2003, 03:05 PM »
I thought up this scheme:

I think Wave 15 (Luke et al) is the last case before the split to Saga/Clone Wars. I'm not sure if all Saga will then be Collection 2 on the new cards and the last two Waves with Luke, Vader, Snowtrooper, Padme, Wat and Coleman will be on transition cards (new cards) when the newest figures (Emperor, Faytonni, BEq etc) are released. Or will they be on New Cards by the time the Han Wave is released and Yoda and crew will be the last ones on the old cards

Time will tell I guess, the Wat Tambor mock up makes me think that will be case A and that there w

Jango Fettish

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2003, 11:10 PM »
This would make, what, the 3rd card change in a years time?  :P

I'm not too keen on the new "white starburst" cards with the nameplate on the side. Is that going to be exclusive to the Clone Wars line? I'm passing on it anyway.

Ohhh..the woes of the carded collector.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2003, 11:56 PM »
cool site jango fettish, but something wouldn't download. Do you have actual images or just the list of things? ANyway, very cool looking site :)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2003, 07:41 AM »
nah, we already have transition, but in the form of saga 2003 cvards, with the starburst in the middle... :)

Jango Fettish

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2003, 11:50 PM »
cool site jango fettish, but something wouldn't download. Do you have actual images or just the list of things? ANyway, very cool looking site :)

Thanks! I have pictures of everything, it's just a matter of loading them and converting pics to links. It's a work in progress, more or less. I'm going to debut it when I get my dot.com going.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2003, 07:14 PM »
Cory, would you be interested in having your website hosted at JediDefender? We provide full hosting service for a very fair price. JediDefender.net has more details. :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2003, 08:10 PM by Chris Berry »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2003, 07:48 PM »
Wrong link there Chris - you got the .com version.   ;)

Here's the .net link with the web hosting info:

http://www.jedidefender.net/

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2003, 08:11 PM »
Doh! Fixed, I am so prone to typing http://www.jedidefender.com that I can't keep it straight from other things. Always on my toes with Matt Colman around! ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2003, 08:15 PM »
Chris, I'm going to have to ask you to please try to stay on topic here.  This post is about the '03 transition cards, do you have anything to contribute on that topic?   :o   ;D   ;)   :-X

Jango Fettish

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2003, 09:00 PM »
Matt! How dare you berate your boss like that!?  :o

Chris, actually, I would be interested, because as I said, I want to get the pictures up and go ahead and debut it as a dot.com.

What would the address be anyway? Mail me with details, perhaps we can work something out.