Author Topic: Autograph Guest List C3  (Read 18022 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Autograph Guest List C3
« on: February 25, 2005, 08:12 PM »
As time gets closer to C3, the list of scheduled celebrities that are confirmed for the autograph sessions grows bigger.

Amy Allen: Aayla Secura. (1) Coupon.

Kenny Baker: R2-D2. (2) Coupons.

David Barclay: Jabba Puppeteer. (1) Coupon.

Jerome Blake: Mas Amedda, Orn Free Taa, Rune Haako. (1) Coupon.

Paul Blake: Greedo. (1) Coupon.

Caroline Blakiston: Mon Mothma. (1) Coupon.

Michonne Bourriague: Aurra Sing. (1) Coupon.

Ralph Brown: Ric Olie. (2) Coupons.

Jeremy Bulloch: Boba Fett. (2) Coupons.

Sean Crawford: Yak Face. (1) Coupon.

Sandi Finlay: Sly Moore. (2) Coupons.

Garrick Hagon: Biggs Darklighter. (1) Coupon.

Gerald Home: Tessek, Mon Calamari Officer. (1) Coupon.

Christine Hewitt : Tonnika Sister. (1) Coupon.

Jesse Jensen: Saesee Tiin. (1) Coupon.

Zach Jensen: Kit Fisto. (1) Coupon.

Michael Kingma: Tarrful. (2) Coupons.

Nalini Krishan: Barriss Offee. (1) Coupon.

Richard LeParmentier: Admiral Motti. (1) Coupon.

Bai Ling: Senator Bana Breemu. (2) Coupons.

Ian Liston: Wes Janson, AT-AT Driver. (1) Coupon.

Daniel Logan: Young Boba Fett. (2) Coupons.

Peter Mayhew: Chewbacca. (2) Coupons.

Shannon McRandle: EU Mara Jade. (1) Coupon.

Temuera Morrison: Jango Fett. (2) Coupons.

Rena Owen: Taun We. (1) Coupon.

Mary Oyaya: Luminara Unduli. (1) Coupon.

Ray Park: Darth Maul. (2) Coupons.

Toby Philpott: Jabba Puppeteer. (1) Coupon.

Dave Prowse: Darth Vader. (2) Coupons.

Mike Quinn: Nien Nunb. (1) Coupon.

Tim Rose: Admiral Ackbar, Sy Snootles, Salacious Crumb. (1) Coupon.

Alan Ruscoe: Plo Koon, Lott Dod, Bib Fortuna. (1) Coupon.

Michael Sheard: Admiral Ozzel. (1) Coupon.

Orli Shoshan: Jedi Shaak Ta. (1) Coupon.

Bodie Taylor: Clone Trooper. (1) Coupon.

Femi Taylor: Oola. (1) Coupon.

Leeanna Walsman: Zam Wessell. (2) Coupons.

Billy Dee Williams: Lando Calrissian (3) Coupons.

Simon Williamson: Max Rebo, Gamorrean Guard, Mon Calamari Officer. (1) Coupon.

Matt Wood: General Grievous. (2) Coupons.

Keep up to date with the celebrities appearing at C3 at the

Official Pix site as more will be added when confirmed.

For those who are getting autographs, advance coupons are now on sale at Officialpix.com

You can advance buy Celebration III Autograph and Photo coupons and Unsigned Photo Sets now, and avoid a potentially long coupon purchase line at the show.

For security, we will not mail out coupons. Customers who advance order need to print out the PayPal transaction receipt and bring it with you to Celebration III. This receipt will allow you direct access into the Coupon Fast Path line to pickup your advance purchased coupons and / or photo set(s). You should receive a confirmation email from PayPal upon completion of a successful transaction. Be sure you do as you will need this confirmation to identify your purchase and receive your coupons.

Autograph Coupon: $10.00 each.

Photo Coupon: $5.00 each (includes 6% Indianapolis sales tax).

Unsigned Photo Set With Celebration III Logo binder: $212.00 (includes 6% Indianapolis sales tax).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 01:00 PM by DSJ™ »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Autograph Guest List C3
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 10:30 PM »
Ah crap, I may well have to get some of these :-\

Kenny Baker: R2-D2.
Paul Blake: Greedo.
Jeremy Bulloch: Boba Fett.
Ray Park: Darth Maul.
Dave Prowse: Darth Vader.

I'm not sure that it's worth my time to be in the fanboy lineups.  Will these folks allow pics with them or will they only go for signed (and presumably paid for) pics? 

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 11:33 PM »
Ah crap, I may well have to get some of these :-\

Kenny Baker: R2-D2.
Paul Blake: Greedo.
Jeremy Bulloch: Boba Fett.
Ray Park: Darth Maul.
Dave Prowse: Darth Vader.

I'm not sure that it's worth my time to be in the fanboy lineups.  Will these folks allow pics with them or will they only go for signed (and presumably paid for) pics? 

At C2 I think if the line was short you could take a picture with the actor/actress.  The only exception to this was Carrie Fisher who was in a seperate room.   I ended up just doing the pull service that they had setup instead of standing in long lines for the autos. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 03:50 AM »
Here's something I'm glad I don't get into too much...

I've always dug getting the "Imperials" and "Rebels" autographs...  Pilots, officers...  never jumped into main characters really beyond getting Prowse to sign (and hoping to get JEJ to sign the same image some day).  Beyond that though, the whole autograph thing is a crock to me on some level...

Celebration seems to make it extra tough to get too excited over as well, between horrific stories about lines and then the cost is higher than regular cons.

The only name I really wouldn't mind having is Bulloch to sign a Fett and Imp. Officer picture, as well as perhaps Baker signing something but still the whole thing just sours me on autographs.

I'll wait for these people to come back through Pittsburgh at Comic Con here instead maybe...  Lot of those names have made appearances here (most actually) already.  Pissing around with that would just annoy me at C3 I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 04:23 AM »
Sounds like they'll have a roster in the end very similar to the last Con.

Gotta share my experience from last time:

I spent a good day's worth of time (embarrassing, really) having figures signed by as many of the OT actors as possible, with an emphasis on those that might not be around much longer, or simply didn't do many appearances. I had figures signed by Kenny Baker, David Prowse, John Hollis, Billy Dee, Phil Brown, Bill Hootkins, Garrik Hagen, and some other’s I’ve forgotten. Fun in a way, and a pain in another…

Once you were done dealing with the “top tier” names, getting autographs from the others was easy. Honestly, zero wait. Frankly, it was an odd experience, since this was before AOTC came out, and many of the lesser PT actors were there without much cult status yet, like Mary Oyaya. They sort of sat by looking a bit dejected. Hopefully it goes better for some of them this time. There was plenty of time to actually chat with the actors, which was very cool.

It makes me feel dirty and crawly knowing full well HRH Wise runs the booth. He didn’t hire any real booth organizers, and relied on the 501st volunteers, that, while a cute idea, was the most irresponsible, unprofessional move I’d seen in a long time. There was a huge problem when David Prowse started signing, and there was an angry mob of some 50 people who got shafted in line after waiting for over an hour and a half. The 501st guy responded to the (rightfully) angry attendees by telling them to “come outside with me and see whose ass gets kicked”. That guy in the Royal Guard’s uniform is my most vivid memory of the Con. Amazing. Convention security had to come down and organize the lines, apparently at the expense of C2. Fun.

And here’s my thing on autographs, C2 having been my first real experience with them – I don’t really cherish them in the end. I have all these signed figure cardbacks, which look kind of cool, but I find myself worrying about having a mint, unsigned card every time I look at one of them. So I guess I learned signatures aren’t that important to me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 08:57 AM »
Some guy in a Star Wars costume actually had the cajones to threaten people?

Hmmm, I wonder if anyone knows just who this king of douchebaggery actually is/was...  Ya know, just incase ya bump into him and wanna laugh your ass off in his face for even thinking of saying something that absolutely asinine.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 2, 2005, 11:04 PM »
Some guy in a Star Wars costume actually had the cajones to threaten people?

Hmmm, I wonder if anyone knows just who this king of douchebaggery actually is/was...  Ya know, just incase ya bump into him and wanna laugh your ass off in his face for even thinking of saying something that absolutely asinine.

To be honest, I don't like fighting, but when it came down to it, he's in bulky plastic armor, and I ain't. I'd have taken his challenge. "Hey kids, did I ever tell you about the time I beat up a Storm Trooper?"

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 3, 2005, 11:38 AM »
I ended up just doing the pull service that they had setup instead of standing in long lines for the autos. 

I don't think a pre-signed autograph would have nearly the same meaning to me.  I'd rather stand in line, even if it was only to say a quick thanks - I think it would attach more sentimentality because it was more of an "experience", instead of just a piece of paper with a signature on it.

That being said, I'd probably only have the patience/interest to stand in line for 2 or 3 autographs.  The fact that you have to pay more for some autographs over others still pisses me off (or the fact that I even have to pay at all).

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 3, 2005, 11:52 AM »
If you want to know about what is going on with the prices, check out this thread at RS.

cost of an autograph?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 3, 2005, 12:03 PM »
According to Ben Stevens at RS:

"At Celebration III, coupons will be sold for $10/each. Most actors will require one coupon in exchange for an autograph on your item, a few guests will require two, and a few at three. Right now no one is more than three, but a big name headliner would be the exception.

Licensed 8x10 Star Wars photos with the Celebration III logo will be available for $5 each."

So no one is more than $30 yet.

Um, I'm unfamiliar with Ben Stevens (VIP - according to his profile) - is he a buddy of Sir Philip and RS?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 3, 2005, 12:06 PM »
Um, I'm unfamiliar with Ben Stevens (VIP - according to his profile) - is he a buddy of Sir Philip and RS?

Ben Stevens and Philip Wise, partners in C2 Ventures (now Official Pix)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 4, 2005, 05:46 PM »
Now that there is an Admiral Ozzel figure I have get mine signed :) 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 8, 2005, 10:28 AM »
More celebrities have been added for the autograph sessions. I also made note of the amount of coupons needed for each celebrity.

More updates in the coming weeks, stay tuned.  ;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2005, 12:19 PM »
From the Official Pix website:

We have about four more names pending and hope to announce them soon. Many, many of our customers have written requesting dozens of names.

As of 3/10/05, the following headline guests that we regularly work with can not attend due to schedule conflicts: Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, James Earl Jones, Samuel L Jackson, and Christopher Lee. If their schedules open, rest assured we will do everything we can to get them to the show!

Right now we are at an unprecedented 39 guests, and will top 40 by the end of the week. We hope all STAR WARS fans will have an opportunity to visit Celebration III and meet this incredible lineup!

-Official Pix

No JEJ?  :(
No Sam Jackson? :(

I'd pretty much decided that the only people I'd stand in line to meet were: Ewan MgGregor, Harrison Ford, Sam Jackson, Billy D, and JEJ.

I'm almost 1000000% positive that Ewan or Harrison Ford will not be there, so that just leaves the Colt .45 Pitchman for me to hope to meet at C3...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2005, 12:28 PM »
Man none of them are going to be there.  :'(

I can see Harrison not showing up, he's a private person.