Author Topic: ROTS Gunship - Where the hell is it?!  (Read 26284 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Gunship - Where the hell is it?!
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2005, 10:44 PM »
Got lucky and picked one up for 30 bucks shipped.
I remember my dream now.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2005, 11:38 AM »
Hey guys, the Gunship is in stock at TRU:  Republic Gunship.  Good luck! :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 11:42 AM by Jeff »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2005, 12:16 PM »
That's a pretty good deal to buy it with the ARC fighter. If I had the space I would pounce on that!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Whee! I got my order in.

$29.99 plus shipping. It'll be $40 if it ships individually, but I'm trying to combine it with a previously placed book order so we'll see if they can swing that. Right now it's telling me I can't combine, but then again the last book I ordered had estimated delivery of Oct 17, 2005 - Nov 2, 2005 and it arrived yesterday. So I'm not sure how much stock I put in that.

Originally my game plan was to wait patiently until they showed up again in stores. But who knows if it ever WILL see the light of day again, so I just ordered the damn thing to get it over with. ::)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 03:24 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2005, 03:07 PM »
I snagged one too before lunch  ;D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 03:07 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2005, 06:09 PM »
Glad to see these are showing up more frequently online, and people who want them can actually get them.  :)

The two I ordered a little while ago came individually boxed in huge boxes, and super minty.

I don't know which e-tailer it was, but I heard they were just slapping on the tracking stickers right on the outside of the box. :o ::)
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2005, 11:48 PM »
Oddly I found one of these locally today.  $45 CAD after the taxes, but that's pretty standard retail for up here.  About $36 USD total or so.  I don't really want one but I figured if I buy one, they should become remarkably plentiful, thereby helping you guys out ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CrunchyNug

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2005, 04:55 PM »
Interestingly enough, yesterday I saw some lucky guy walking through a TRU with one of these tucked under his arm.  I guess they're still shipping.  Hmmm...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2005, 08:14 PM »
Has anyone who ordered these when they were available on TRU.com last Thursday gotten a shipment notification yet?  I ask because mine was scheduled to ship Friday, then it was pushed back until Sunday, and when I called today to see what was up, the CS rep said that they were currently out of stock, but that TRU should get more in today and that orders would be filled tomorrow. 

He also gave me a free overnight shipping upgrade (with an expected ship date of tomorrow) which is usually a sign that they aren't getting any more and they have nothing to lose by offering free expensive shipping on an order they won't end up filling anyway, at least in my experiences.  I certainly hope I'm wrong, but Amazon's done such a wonderful job of actually filling orders for items they claim are in stock or coming soon so far this summer, I'm more than a little skeptical.  :-\

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2005, 05:12 PM »
I received my "notification" today… it reads:

We wanted to let you know that there is a delay with item(s)
in the order you placed on September 22 2005 10:39 PDT

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

Order status can change quickly, and it is possible that your order may even ship between the time we send this message and the time that you read it.  When items in your order are shipped, you will receive an e-mail confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

delivery estimate: October 4, 2005 - October 11, 2005

>:(
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 05:13 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2005, 07:12 PM »
I received my "notification" today… it reads:

We wanted to let you know that there is a delay with item(s)
in the order you placed on September 22 2005 10:39 PDT

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

Order status can change quickly, and it is possible that your order may even ship between the time we send this message and the time that you read it.  When items in your order are shipped, you will receive an e-mail confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

delivery estimate: October 4, 2005 - October 11, 2005

>:(

Well, I actually received my shipping notification today, and it is supposedly going to be here tomorrow, so who knows what they are doing.  If I were you, Jay, I'd call (their 800 number, which is buried on their site is 1-800-201-7575) and complain, because it got me free overnight shipping and I think that's the only reason mine went out before others' orders seemed to.

That being said, Amazon/TRU.com is really pissing me off as far as stocking goes in general.  Half the stuff listed in the SW section is from Brian's Toys, and the other half is listed as either "No longer available" or "Not yet released."  The Evolutions Anakin/Vader set has been out for a little over two months and it's still "Not Yet Released."  They take preorders for items that they never end up fulfilling (the Unleashed wave 2 fiasco this summer was the most obvious one), they will randomly change ship dates, and arbitrarily ship orders and delay orders on a random basis.

Their customer service is still top notch, but their inventory and follow-through is just piss poor right now. 

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2005, 03:25 PM »
Long story short, mine had an estimated shipping date of September 28, then it was moved way out as well. But it did ship yesterday--even though the estimated arrival is November 15. ::)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2005, 04:59 PM »
I got mine around noon yesterday, and it arrived in a box that was at least three times the size of the Gunship box itself.  It was filled with those air bladder packing things and the box was in perfect condition.  One thing that did stand out about it was there was a sticker on the bottom of the box that looked like a secondary UPC code, but I have no idea what it was for, and as the box is now on its way to a landfill, I have no way of checking.

I'm still amazed that this piece isn't available at retail, and I have yet to hear a decent and definitive explanation from Hasbro as to why it's not at retail right now.  The fact that they're shipping to etailers like Amazon and TRU is all well and good, but it would be nice if they stayed in stock for more than 10 seconds online, and shipped to regular retail so people can have a shot at getting them.  I'm going to keep bugging Hasbro about this until we get a good answer, and I'll keep everyone updated about what I find out.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 1, 2005, 03:25 PM »
Whee! It arrived late this morning, in what I suspect is the same giant box DP got, filled with air bladders also.

The gunship is awesome ... and huge! More detailed report forthcoming after I get done playing with it assembling it. ;D
« Last Edit: October 1, 2005, 03:26 PM by Valin Kenobi »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 2, 2005, 06:09 PM »
I saw some of these this morning.  What is all the fuss about?   ???
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback