Author Topic: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Not an update, but worth a look!  (Read 105492 times)

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - UPDATE 10/23 x2!!!
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2005, 04:51 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, Lance! 

Well, I guess this means it's time to deep-six this comlink, and that right soon.  It's not as if it helped us much anyway.  There's that loose panel where the buttons are; could we drop it in there?  Or could we smash it with our big heavy toolkit?  Either way would be fine with me, as long as it's no longer on our person.

Again, I would prefer not to frame the hobo, since that's no way to thank him for his help.  But if I'm outnumbered on that, that's okay. 

Anyone?

... the Findswoman

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2005, 05:54 PM »
thanks for the info lance. that was really cool how you made a scene to answer that question! i can't wait for the next update already...

- yea i'll have to go with findswoman, smash or dismantle the commlink and ditch it. possibly the rest of the dead troopers gear, mabey keep the items out of the belt and get rid of that.

=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2005, 06:31 PM »
FYI, Findswoman - The open panel leads to some circuitry which is part of the elevator itself.

So if you put anything in there, it goes with you!

It also occurs to you that the comlink itself feels pretty damn sturdy.  After all, it's supposed to be a back-up in case the main, helmet-mounted comlink fails.  This baby can be dragged through the mud, sat on, smashed, dropped, soaked and still keep on tickin'.

Crushing it with your toolkit doesn't seem like an option.

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2005, 06:53 PM »
Well, at least it will be out of your hands and no longer on your person... right?  Right?  Or not?   I suppose one could still track it in there, if there is indeed someone Imperial waiting for us at the bottom...

But here's another thought: who says the Imperials would even bother with the Sewers, anyway?  It wouldn't surprise me if they just ignored the Sewers altogether, seeing as it's mainly the home of derelicts and hobos and such, and isn't necessarily of strategic importance to the Empire.  After all, "Blondie," who's also keen on avoiding the Empire, seems to consider this a safe place to meet.  So maybe there's not as much danger awaiting us as we thought.  (Of course, I still wouldn't mind getting that homing beacon off our hands...)

Anyone?

... the Findswoman

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2005, 01:02 AM »
Just as a quick "comment round up", there are currently three votes for slipping the comlink on the drunk from the other sites, from newcomer blight nightmare, and from FFURG's smartypants and Clone Commander Gree.

Findswoman also seems to reluctantly support the idea.

But there's plenty of time for more input, so don't be shy!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2005, 11:15 AM »
I'm still not sure what to do at this point.  I would say though that I had a bit of confusion, as when we fiddled with the commlink, I thought we were then hearing the conversation between the Imperials.  I guess we weren't then?

To me, I think you need to ditch the hobo.  Even though he did provide himself useful, what good is a drunk usually?  Especially if you are getting into a shady situation.  I think it's time to get away from him. 

Is there any way you can ditch the commlink?  Maybe pour his booze on it to short it out.  I don't know.  But you do need to get rid of it.

Get off the elevator in the sewer area if you can, the Imperials are more likely to avoid that area.  Got to get to the meeting soon.

:P

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 24, 2005, 01:48 PM »
I'm still not sure what to do at this point.  I would say though that I had a bit of confusion, as when we fiddled with the commlink, I thought we were then hearing the conversation between the Imperials.  I guess we weren't then?

Oh, I understand your confusion.  Because the scene with Draven immediately follows the turning on the comlink, you thought we were listening in on it.

No, sadly, that is not the case.  :)

When you turned on the comlink, all you heard was "a burst of static, followed by a click and a low-pitched BEEP.  Then...nothing."'

You did NOT actually hear, nor are you aware of the conversation between Wolfell and Draven.  I put that in for "entertainment purposes only."  Fortunately, I was able to keep the scene vague enough as to not reveal any information which you don't already know.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2005, 08:36 PM »

Is there any way you can ditch the commlink?  Maybe pour his booze on it to short it out.  I don't know.  But you do need to get rid of it.

Is there a way to ditch the commlink?  Not in the elevator itself, obviously, since it will go down with you.

Will booze short out the comlink?  No.  Can you crush it with your toolkit?  No.  It's a fairly sturdy piece of hardware.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 08:44 PM by Quazar »

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2005, 02:03 AM »
I still say that putting it on the drunk guy is our best chance. We can't just ditch it, we can't take it with us.

Well, at least it will be out of your hands and no longer on your person... right? Right? Or not? I suppose one could still track it in there, if there is indeed someone Imperial waiting for us at the bottom...

But here's another thought: who says the Imperials would even bother with the Sewers, anyway? It wouldn't surprise me if they just ignored the Sewers altogether, seeing as it's mainly the home of derelicts and hobos and such, and isn't necessarily of strategic importance to the Empire. After all, "Blondie," who's also keen on avoiding the Empire, seems to consider this a safe place to meet. So maybe there's not as much danger awaiting us as we thought. (Of course, I still wouldn't mind getting that homing beacon off our hands...)

Anyone?

... the Findswoman

I see where you're coming form Esther, but I have to disagree. The sewers may not have been of any value before but you can sure bet they will be now. They are investingating the loss of their man, and we just gave them their biggest lead by turning on that commlink. I suppose there is the possibilitty that we will beat them down there, but we should still pass it off to the drunk because we don't want to lead the Imperials to "Blondie," who I still don't trust BTW. We need to be wary of her too. I think the best choice we have now is to knock out the drunk and put the commlink on him, I think if we put the belt on him too they might just assume he is guilty and kill him. If they just find a commlink they might think it is possible that he just found it or got it from someone else, and by the time he sobers up for questioning we will have taken the disguise off and he won't be able to recognize us. If they are stormtroopers at the bottom of the elevator once we've knocked him out we just tell them he got the elevator running and then passed out drunk, and hopefully they will let us go.

The thing that strikes me as odd, is that they banned travel from levels 68 to 81, meaning that there is something important going on down there. I think the elevators could go else were say level 67 or level 82, but that doesn't do us much good unless we want to go to level 82 and find an access shaft or something and climb back up to level 79. The meeting is too important to miss so I still say we take the chance, and the drunk did get the elevator working so we can go to 79 anyways, assuming no one stops us at another floor on the way down, meaning we have to act quick.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 02:17 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2005, 04:47 PM »
Hmmm... maybe put the commlink in the Stormtrooper belt, and throw it on the floor, leaving it on the elevator.

:P

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2005, 09:04 PM »
Hey, everyone...

There's a lot of great discussion going on here with all kinds of suggestions and ideas floating around, but I need to try to clarify everyone's opinions on the next move before I can proceed with the story.

So if everyone who has posted so far (and anyone else who wishes to chime in) could clarify, as specifically as possible, their ideas for the next move, it would help me greatly.

Here's what you know for sure:

The comlink's transmitter is locked in the "on" position.

You cannot destroy the comlink by smashing it or shorting it out with liquid.

Putting the comlink in the elevator panel is certainly possible, but the comlink will then travel with you when you (presumably) proceed to Level 78.

Or you could just leave the comlink (and the belt, if you desire) in the elevator and just walk out of it when you've arrived at Level 78.

Many have suggested slipping it on the drunk guy.  If so, how?  Do you knock him out first, or just try to subtly slip it into his pocket (shouldn't be too big a feat for you.)

If you do knock him out, do you also slip on the belt, or just the comlink?

If you do knock him out, do you drag him out of the elevator on Level 78, or let him ride up to another level?

Etc.

The quality of analysis, discussion and suggestions has been excellent, as always, but right now, things are a little too fragmented for me to form any kind of consensus.

At this rate, I won't be able to update until at least the week-end, so there's plenty of time for more conversation!

Thanks, as always, for your wonderful participation!

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Clarifications needed!!!
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2005, 09:29 PM »
Well, here's what I would like to do, in convenient list format:

1.  Leave the comlink (and/or the belt) in the elevator, perhaps in the hole in the wall behind the button panel, now that I know that's an okay option.  I don't mind it traveling with us in the elevator, just as long as it's out of our hands when we actually arrive on 78.  If the Boys In White are there to greet us, we can just innocently tell them that this thing was already in the elevator when we got in. 

As I've said before, I would rather not knock out / frame the drunk; for one thing, I think that would make our character look all the more suspicious if we do happen to meet any Stormies. But I'll be fine with whatever the majority decides.

2.  Give the drunk guy a few extra credits & send him off to a bar or liquor store to enjoy himself so we can go on to our rendezvous.  I would prefer to keep him on our good side; who knows but may need his help again, and on this station, we need all the friends we can get.

3.  High-tail it to the rendezvous as fast as we can, because I can't wait to see what Lance has planned for us!  :)  (Lance, I get the feeling that one reason for all these interim scenes is to give yourself time to finish the Blondie set... am I right?  ;) )

Anyone else?  :)

...  the Findswoman

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2005, 09:42 PM »
(Lance, I get the feeling that one reason for all these interim scenes is to give yourself time to finish the Blondie set... am I right?  ;) )

...  the Findswoman

Well, originally, that was part of my motivation, yes.  But now I'm not sure whether I need to finish making the Blondie set or the inside of an Imperial gulag....time will tell.  ;)

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #163 on: October 25, 2005, 10:01 PM »
I still say knock out the drunk and put the commlink on him. That would be the easiest thing to explain. And we might just get off the hook. Just toossing it in the control panel won't work because it's not like it has been on this whole time, it was turned on while we were in the elevator, so they aren't going to believe us if we say we know nothing about it. Like I've been saying putting it on the drunk will give us a good alibi, we say the drunk came on to the elevator right after we got on and he started the elevator to this level. I think that we could get away with tossing the belt into the control panel though, that way they don't find it on either of us and then they'd believe it is possile that the drunk just found the commlink and they won't be too hard on him.
"This is the way."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 26, 2005, 04:54 PM »
Just thought I'd repost some of Ryan's insightful comments from FFURG over here to add to the discussion -

Putting the commlink in the panel won't work if there is someone waiting for us at the bottom. They know it was activated in the elevator and it hasn't left the elevator, at that point it is go straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect 200 credits. Besides they wouldn't even have to be wait ing for us at level 79. They could stop us at one of the other 77 levels between us and our destination knocking out the drunk is the best option, as mean as it is. And if there is no one at the bottom, we can pull his body off the lift and send the commlink farther down with the lift.