Author Topic: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Not an update, but worth a look!  (Read 105473 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - UPDATE 11/5
« Reply #210 on: November 6, 2005, 04:15 PM »
I agree, let's see if he has some way we can contact him in the future, rather than set up an appointment.

:P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 6, 2005, 06:48 PM »
Wow, it's been so long since I've commented on this! Great updates!

I say that we ask 'Crate' to guide us through the tunnel, since he knows so much about the area. Even if it's dangerous down there, doesn't hurt to have some help! Plus, he may know how to avoid the bad areas...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 7, 2005, 07:34 PM »
Wow, it's been so long since I've commented on this! Great updates!

I say that we ask 'Crate' to guide us through the tunnel, since he knows so much about the area. Even if it's dangerous down there, doesn't hurt to have some help! Plus, he may know how to avoid the bad areas...

Great to have you back, Diddly and I'm looking forward to the return of TSR!

However, your suggestion flies in the face of a recent decision by mulitple players to go to the meeting alone, as per "Blondie"'s request.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 7, 2005, 07:37 PM »
GREAT discussion, Chewie and Findswoman!

I'm delighted you reached a compromise. 

However, I will tell you this.  If you ask Crate how to get in touch with him later, he will definitely ask you for your name. 

So come up with an answer before I put up the next chapter!

FYI, you gave Callie the alias "Deak Starkiller", if you want to use that one again.

And a reminder to ALL players!  The REAL name of our hero has not yet been chosen!  Suggestions are welcome! 

Please don't let our poor hero wander the station without a name!!  Eventually we will need to know the real name and if I come up with something on my own, I'm sure it will suck!  So get creative!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 7, 2005, 08:09 PM »
Whoops, that's what I get for not reading other replies! :-X

I think I'll let them continue their discussion uninterrupted.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 7, 2005, 09:13 PM »
Whoops, that's what I get for not reading other replies! :-X

I think I'll let them continue their discussion uninterrupted.

Well, if anyone wants to support your idea, they're welcome to and if we get a majority, then that's what will happen.

But I don't think it's very likely.  :)

Still, your input is always valued and appreciated! 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 7, 2005, 11:46 PM »
Tell him your name is... Luke Skywalker. 

Just kidding.

Maybe it's time we start being more honest.  I'm sure Crate and Calle didn't lie about about their name after all.

As for a name, I'm not too sure yet...

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #217 on: November 8, 2005, 12:37 AM »
On the issue of a name... Is our Uncle Lance Quazar on our mom's side or our dad's side?  Or is that determined yet?  If the latter, we can be a Quazar too.  I was thinking along the lines of Joss Quazar, or Jace Quazar.  Even if we're not a Quazar, I like the names Joss & Jace; Joss Eisley, anyone?  Perhaps we're even hyphenated: Antilles-Quazar, Iblis-Quazar, Eisley-Quazar, etc.

Whether or not we choose to include the name Quazar in our name could have definite consequences for the story.  If we do, and we happen to tell our (real) name to someone who knows of our Uncle Lance, they would immediately be able to guess that we're related to him, and that could work either for us or against us.  With a non-Quazar name, they wouldn't necessarily be able to tell, of course.  But it all hinges on our Quazar's decisions on our hero's family tree.

Anyway, those are just some thoughts.  Loooking forward to hearing what the rest of you folks have to say!

... the Findswoman
« Last Edit: November 8, 2005, 12:37 AM by findswoman »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 8, 2005, 01:15 AM »
How about, Rykrof for the first name.    :P

Maybe we could do an old switcharoo on the name... make it backwords -

Lance - Cnal (the "c" would be silent) or could be pronounced "See-Naul:

Quazar - Razauq (kinda a cool name)

And go by Razauq, it's a tougher sounding name.   ;)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 8, 2005, 05:59 AM »
On the issue of a name... Is our Uncle Lance Quazar on our mom's side or our dad's side?  Or is that determined yet?  If the latter, we can be a Quazar too.  I was thinking along the lines of Joss Quazar, or Jace Quazar.  Even if we're not a Quazar, I like the names Joss & Jace; Joss Eisley, anyone?  Perhaps we're even hyphenated: Antilles-Quazar, Iblis-Quazar, Eisley-Quazar, etc.

Whether or not we choose to include the name Quazar in our name could have definite consequences for the story.  If we do, and we happen to tell our (real) name to someone who knows of our Uncle Lance, they would immediately be able to guess that we're related to him, and that could work either for us or against us.  With a non-Quazar name, they wouldn't necessarily be able to tell, of course.  But it all hinges on our Quazar's decisions on our hero's family tree.

Anyway, those are just some thoughts.  Loooking forward to hearing what the rest of you folks have to say!

... the Findswoman

Lance Quazar is your mother's brother (your mother was briefly glimpsed in the very first "prologue" scene before you arrived at the station.)

So, no, Quazar is not your last name.  Hell, Quazar isn't Lance's original last name, either.

As a reminder - you did tell Callie Lance was your uncle even though you lied about your name to her and told her it was Deak Starkiller. 

Just FYI!!!

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 12, 2005, 09:09 AM »
All right, back to square one with the last name.  What do you all think of something like Viridian?  Does Joss Meridian (or Jace Viridian, or the either one w/ Meridian) sound all right for the charcter?  I think they have a nice sci-fi ring to them, & can see them making a really nice pair with Lance Quazar for when we actually do meet up with our uncle. 

Anyone?

... the Findswoman
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 03:42 PM by findswoman »

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 13, 2005, 12:30 PM »
Okay, guys, here's where we stand in the Great Naming Debate of '05...

Findswoman has suggested something in the line of Jace Veridian (or possibly Joss).  I want to avoid "Meridian", Finds, only because it's a real word.

Clone Commander Gree threw out "Carl Bayer", but then later lobbied for keeping "Deak" as a real part of our name.

NoMercyJoe also wanted to keep the name as close to "Deak Starkiller" as possible.

and finally, Chewie threw out the classic "Star Wars" backwards naming convention, arriving with "Cnal Razauq".

As the time for a new chapter is nigh, we need a final decision!  At the very least, I will need to know if you intend to tell Crate the truth or use the same alias you used with Callie or make up something different or a different alternative.  For instance, if you just say "Deak", that could be the truth, but only part of the truth.  Or part of the same lie....now my head hurts.

Anyway, please get your final suggestions in so I can get the new chapter up!!

Thanks, gang!

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - NAME GAME - Final Round!
« Reply #222 on: November 13, 2005, 04:59 PM »
i agree with keeping "Deak" as our first name, i also like CHEWIES classic reverse idea with Quazar so mabey:

Deak Razauq

i'd also keep with using the same alias, thought telling the bum just our first name is probablly a good idea, or giving him half of our last "Raza".
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 13, 2005, 05:59 PM »
Findswoman has suggested something in the line of Jace Veridian (or possibly Joss).  I want to avoid "Meridian", Finds, only because it's a real word.

Fair enough... though "Lance" and "Quasar" (with an S) are also real words!  ;)

I don't mind sticking with Deak as his real first name if that's what people would prefer.  As for the backwards idea, though... I know it's a time-honored SW tradition and all, but it's always seemed rather unimaginative, a bit of a cop-out.  (Chewie, this is not directed at you personally at all -- just at the tradition in general.)  The resulting names always seem rather contrived, somehow.  Witness, for example, "Coleman Trebor."

But if we still want to keep elements of the name reversal, the maybe we could go with something like "Raza" for our real last name, as jedistyle suggests. It's not hard to pronounce, and is nice and simple while at the same time being just cool and unusual enough for our purposes: Deak Raza, Jace Raza, etc.

As for what to tell Crate, however...  There still is the possibility, remote or otherwise, that he could eventually find his way to Callie and mention that he met a guy named Deak in a helmet.  In other words, there's the possibility of him giving us away, whether he means to or not (and he probably wouldn't).  That's one reason I think a name other than Deak might be a good idea at this point, whether it's our real name or otherwise.  In any case, this is something we should keep in mind as we decide on his name.

... the Findswoman

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - NAME GAME - Final Round!
« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2005, 12:37 PM »
I rarely do the whole name twist like Lucas did for my own characters.  I was just throwing that out there.

Here's some more name ideas... I like either having the word "Deak" in it, or "Quazar" in it -

You could go with "Deak" being your middle name.  You could always tell Calle later on that Deak is your middle name, and "Starkiller" was just a nickname you've had all your life.  Then you could go with something like one of these maybe, and it wouldn't look like you had really lied to her.

Lansar "Deak" Quazar
Bren "Deak" Quazar
Tarid "Deak" Quazar
Bensel "Deak" Quazar
Anson "Deak" Quazar
Shotan "Deak" Quazar
Kinpal "Deak" Quazar

Or maybe Quazar could be the first name, and it could be something like Quazar "Deak" Kaptis.

One other idea is to have "Deak" be part of a longer name.  Like "Deakaptis" as your first or last name.  I kind of like that idea.

Maybe I would go with your real name being "Lansar Deakaptis" or "Deakaptis Quazar".

« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 12:37 PM by CHEWIE »