Author Topic: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Not an update, but worth a look!  (Read 105258 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - UPDATE 11/20! BLONDIE AT LAST!
« Reply #240 on: November 27, 2005, 08:18 AM »
Lance, I haven't forgot about you. I read the newest update, and I really liked it. I've been swamped with school work and I haven't been online much over my break but I'm contemplating what I would do next. I'll try to post that soon. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 27, 2005, 12:31 PM »
Woo! I finally remember to read the update. It was very good!

I'm going to say that you should loosen the grate first and then start speaking to them. Make sure you're weapons aren't out, and explain yourself and your actions to Fang and the Wookiee. I'm sure that sneaking in without them knowing would turn you into food for those centipedes!

I LOVE the backgrounds that you make. There's so much detail, and it looks very realistic. I wish I could pull off something like that!

Again, man, awesome update!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 29, 2005, 04:27 PM »
Thanks for all the great replies, gang.  Another great debate has broken out, this time between the "take 'em by surprise" aggressive approach and the diplomatic "let's announce our arrival" suggestions.

Here are some other replies from other sites:

Ashared hett:  Cool update. I say we don't back out. It took us this long to get here and it seems to be our only option. Since they seem to be alert for imperials, I'd let them know that its you before you burst in there.

Clone Commander Gree:  I'd say...hide the blaster again, they might think you might be a threat.
Then i guess you go inside like you own the place and see if blondie will take kindly to you.

CorranHorn:  We've got to be very careful here. Blondie and her companions are on edge, so just bursting through the grate is going to be problematic. So let's take it slowly here, we should call out to Blondie and let her calmly discover we're behind the grate. We're basically going to be looking for her approval to come out, lest we get a blaster pointed between on our eyes.

S.A. Longhorn:  I vote to go in, with blaster raised. Begin asking questions, and if they resist, then ACTION! Time to get some answers!

Blight:  Push open the grating and go to them. If they attack you then tell them your an imperial officer.

I am going to try to get an update done in the next day or two (oh, great, I have to build that set again!  ;) ) so hurry up and get those last minute suggestions in!

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 29, 2005, 04:30 PM »
Lance, thanks for showing the other responses.  It's always fun to see what other people have to say.  I do believe though that the people who are saying to go in with your blaster raised would do just the opposite in real life though.   ;)

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #244 on: December 2, 2005, 08:38 AM »
I'm going to go with the blaster raised crowd. I don't think that letting them know we are in the tunnel will acomplish anything other than maybe getting us shot. We need to remove the grate as quietly as possible and then try and get the jump on them. I just get the feeling it is a trap, especially with the way the Wookiee is standing. We need to be very firm but also somehow show them we do not intend to use force unless it is out of self defense. Once we get the grate free, I say we kick it down and storm the room with the blaster trained on Fang since he has his gun in his hand, and he'd probably order the wookiee to put his gun down. I think if we were to point it at the wookiee we have a greater chance of being shot. Then we demand them put their guns on the floor and slide them towards us with their feet. Once they do that we can lower our blaster, not put it away mind you, but lower it so we seem less hostile. Maybe we tell them something like "I really don't want to use force, but I won't hesitate to shoot you out of self defense."

Then we can get down to asking all the important questions. And ask them in a way that we don't sound like an Imperial or a possible threat to them. First we need to ask what the hell this list they speak of is. And second, why there are decomposing bodies in those bacta tanks?

Judging by what we've seen so far of these folks, I'm not sure they are Rebels, they seem more like gangsters or some independent freedom fighters or something. That doesn't make them our enemy though. They sure don't seem to have any love for the Empire, and as the saying goes "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." We need to find out what they are up to, and by getting the drop on them we may prove we can be a valuable asset to them and that we aren't some weak and naive little kid.
"This is the way."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 2, 2005, 10:04 AM »
Okay, gang, I will definitely be working on a new chapter this week-end.

Here's where we stand right now and, once again, it's a nail-biter.

Basically, we have two different approaches here, the "Aggressive" approach, which consists of various suggestions like, "go in with your gun drawn", "wait until Fang turns his back and charge in," "Demand they drop/hand over their weapons", "Grab Fang and put the gun to his head," etc. etc.

And the players in that category are:

In Rem
jedistyle
Longhorn
Ryan

Then there's the other group, advocating a less threatening, more "Cautious" posture:

Findswoman
CorranHorn
Clone Commander Gree
Ashared Hett
Diddly

and, Chewie, more or less - (Chewie threw out two suggestions, the second of which is very much in line with this group.  The 1st suggestion is slightly more aggressive, but far less so than the first group.  Chewie, if you'd like to clarify or change positions, feel free!

So even conservatively, that's 5.5 "Cautious" votes to four "Aggressive" votes.

(Regular player Blight posted as well, but his suggestion was not specific enough to be counted in either camp.  Feel free to elaborate, Blight!!!)

As always, new votes, changed votes, new suggestions, ideas, analysis, questions, etc. etc. are always welcome right up until a new chapter is posted!

So talk amongst yourselves......

:)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #246 on: December 2, 2005, 10:59 AM »
I posted this elsewhere, but honestly, I hope some of these softies wake up and grow a backbone. I don't want this thing to end with Deak face-down in a sewer somewhere because he was overly concerned with being nice. :P

C'mon, people; the go-getters need a couple more votes!

« Last Edit: December 2, 2005, 02:31 PM by In Rem »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #247 on: December 2, 2005, 07:18 PM »
I posted this elsewhere, but honestly, I hope some of these softies wake up and grow a backbone. I don't want this thing to end with Deak face-down in a sewer somewhere because he was overly concerned with being nice. :P

C'mon, people; the go-getters need a couple more votes!

I completely agree with that. We are in an unknown location, running from the Empire. I think we need to worry about staying alive a little more than hurting someone's feelings. Trying to be the nicest guy possible is a noble cause, but we aren't going to last long if we treat everyone like that. I have a feeling this place is like prison, most of the people can smell fear and sense weakness, and they prey on people like that. We need to project a strong image if we are to have any chance of survival. I think we might alos impress Blondie by showing that we are resourceful and that we might make a good ally.
"This is the way."

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 3, 2005, 10:28 AM »
Again, I'm with In-rem and Ryan.

- I would really like to see some more action and tense scene's.

- You are already a murder who killed an imerial trooper and looted his corpse, your meeting with suspicios charecters in the dark under belly of a station that, as Ryan pointed out, is probably much like prison. Being a nice guy now isn't going to redeem you and while it proved useful in other situations, like with the bum, I don't think this is a situation that a soft hearted little farm boy is gunna come out on top.
It's time to get agressive and be one of the tough hard charging and exciting to watch charecters we all love in the Starwars galaxy!

- By no means am I trying to be presumptouis about Lance, but I don't think he put in all this hard work setting us up with a great story and great contribution to this community to kill the main charecter off now and end the story! So I'm pretty sure niether the Wookie or Fang are gunna kill us if we take the "aggresive" approach.

So come on lets have some action out there!!!!! ;D
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #249 on: December 3, 2005, 05:53 PM »
Again, I'm with In-rem and Ryan.

- I would really like to see some more action and tense scene's.

- You are already a murder who killed an imerial trooper and looted his corpse, your meeting with suspicios charecters in the dark under belly of a station that, as Ryan pointed out, is probably much like prison. Being a nice guy now isn't going to redeem you and while it proved useful in other situations, like with the bum, I don't think this is a situation that a soft hearted little farm boy is gunna come out on top.
It's time to get agressive and be one of the tough hard charging and exciting to watch charecters we all love in the Starwars galaxy!

- By no means am I trying to be presumptouis about Lance, but I don't think he put in all this hard work setting us up with a great story and great contribution to this community to kill the main charecter off now and end the story! So I'm pretty sure niether the Wookie or Fang are gunna kill us if we take the "aggresive" approach.

So come on lets have some action out there!!!!! ;D

I don't know, I died in about 1 chapter in one of those interactive novels when I was a little kid. :P

I still think an aggressive approach is the best one, though.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2005, 05:53 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #250 on: December 3, 2005, 07:14 PM »

Whoa there.  You're entitled to your opinion, and you're welcome to defend it in a civil manner, but calling those who disagree with you names is simply not appropriate.

Besides, as Jedistyle points out, I don't think Lance would ever do that to our hero.  And there are certainly worse things than being face-down in a sewer...

... the Findswoman

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 3, 2005, 07:41 PM »
Findswoman, I really don't think that InRem's comment was being derogatory at all.  In a sense he called me a "softie" I suppose, but in no way would I be offended by that - it would be like me calling him an "aggressor" - and I know that nobody would probably be offended by that either.

Anyways, I'll still stay in the weenie court in saying that I don't want to be aggressive in this situation.  I think it would only put us in a potential confrontation with the supposed Rebels, and we are short on friends so let's see if there can be a mutual benefit for both parties here.

This is a fun little group project Lance has going for us, and is very fun, creative and helps bring some of us together here; not to mention a LOT of work by Lance, so I hope we don't lose sight of that.

:P

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 3, 2005, 07:45 PM »
Thanks, Chewie.

I hope you weren't offended, Findswoman.  I share some responsibility here, since In Rem posted that comment on RS.  I thought it was funny, so I urged him to post it here.

I thik he was doing some friendly needling.

In any event, it looks like everyone's opinions are fairly entrenched and we haven't gotten any more votes....however, since FFURG's forums have been down the past few days, I may wait just a little bit more before beginning the update (frankly, my week-end is slipping away from me anyway...)

So bear with me and feel free to keep discussing!

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #253 on: December 3, 2005, 09:40 PM »
Yeah, this is all in fun. And "softie" is entirely benign no matter how you cut it. The comment about lacking backbone... well, *maybe* that could be construed as offensive, but in context, I'm really talking about the characteristics that are being projected onto Deak.

Let's not get too touchy about this. It's all in good fun. If there is ever an ambiguity as to what I may or may not mean by a comment, please assume the nicer interpretation. It's not in me to use message boards to hurt others. :)

To the extent you may have been offended, findswoman, please accept my apology.

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 5, 2005, 03:29 PM »
I think we should SLOWLY very SLOWLY and Quietly open the grate with the weapon in one hand.and tell them I WILL use it if I have to But i dont want to.

Just an oponion.
Cheers!

- Joe