Author Topic: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Not an update, but worth a look!  (Read 105472 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - NEW SCENE 4/9!!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2005, 03:48 PM »
Lance, how many customs would you say that you've made for the series so far?

I really like how you are mixing and matching parts for this series. 

One suggestion though - if you don't mind... use a VOTC Fett if you have one instead of the buff 1995 version.

And when the Stormtrooper entered the bar, I would have thought that he would have not come alone.  I also kind of wonder why just one Stormtrooper was in your uncle's room... Stormtroopers usually work in groups from what I understand.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2005, 04:37 AM »
Quazar what's up?!? it has been 3 weeks since we have seen a new scene, get off your ass and make us some new scenes!!! ;) :P ;D
"This is the way."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2005, 10:17 AM »
Well, I was out of the country for a large chunk of that time....and I'm still, alas, playing catch-up at work....it's looking like new material won't be up until about the middle of the week.

Thanks for the interest, and I'm sorry to keep everyone in limbo for so long.  But once I get over this hump, we'll be back to regular updates and the story will kick into high gear!!!

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2005, 05:33 AM »
Must...have...update! Powers...faaaaaddddiiiiinnnngggg...

C'mon, Lance! We need a new chapter!   ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2005, 03:49 AM »
Well, I was out of the country for a large chunk of that time....and I'm still, alas, playing catch-up at work....it's looking like new material won't be up until about the middle of the week.

Thanks for the interest, and I'm sorry to keep everyone in limbo for so long.  But once I get over this hump, we'll be back to regular updates and the story will kick into high gear!!!

Middle of the week?!?!?! ??? It's been a month since you said that and almost 2 months since the last update. :( You're killing us Lance! :'( We need a new chapter soooo bad.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2005, 11:10 AM »
Yup, I want a new chapter too!  But I know these are a pain to do, which is why I haven't updated my series lately either.  But I plan on getting back into the swing of things this week on mine.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2005, 11:16 PM »
I've read these stories several times, but haven't replied since now! I really enjoy the randomness of these, and I hope to see them continue in the future... the not-so-far-away future...  ;)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - HOMEWORK TIME! 8/5
« Reply #37 on: August 5, 2005, 01:56 PM »
Okay, gang, having been on a positively gigantic hiatus, the world's first FULLY INTERACTIVE photonovel is poised to make a dramatic return!

I know I've said this in the past, but this time, barring any unexpected death on my part, it's for real.

I expect to have the first (rather small) update in a week. Another small update will soon follow, leading to the largest, more complex, compelling and imaginative installment yet!

For now, however, I have revamped my ancient, rusty website and have posted an archive of the entire game up to this point in one easy-to-read location.

So I urge all of you - my wonderful loyal players, the thousands of lurkers and any and all newcomers, to "brush up" on the story by taking a look at the website sometime before play resumes.

The next installment will be based upon responses already received, but I think it might help for everyone to get caught up and have their memories refreshed as to what exactly has happened so far.

And who knows, you might pick up a clue or other bit of information that you missed before.

Additionally, I have made one slight alteration. I always meant to include the NAME of the Imperial colonel who you overhear on the comm link and later glimse in the hallway, but, in my haste while making the original scene, I forgot to include it.

So take a look if you can sometime before the new chapter is up. Hopefully a new and exciting era for this game is about to begin!

Here's the site:

www.angelfire.com/comics/lancequazar
« Last Edit: August 5, 2005, 04:54 PM by Quazar »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - HOMEWORK TIME 8/5!!
« Reply #38 on: August 5, 2005, 03:56 PM »
Well, I'm excited and happy that this series will be coming back.  Keep the updates rolling!

And I encourage everyone here at jedidefender to participate.  Lance works his tail off on these.  The best way to show appreciation for his work is to play along in his interactive journey.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 5, 2005, 05:48 PM »
Woohoo! Can't wait to see it return! I need to reread everything to get caught back up.  :D
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: August 6, 2005, 12:25 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Sweet! glad to see your back on the horse! :) I can't wait for the next chapter.
"This is the way."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - THE RETURN!
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2005, 10:58 AM »
Well, as always, it took a little longer than I had hoped to get this up, mostly due to frustrating computer issues.

And this scene is a bit on the small side.  I haven't finished constructing what will be a somewhat ambitious 'set" for the next major sequence with "Blondie".

So we can ease back into the game with this mini-scene.  It'll give you guys the chance to change your clothes and also check out the stormtrooper belt, two suggestions from the last round.  Boy, was it really over four months ago??

To refresh everyone's memories, here's what the last batch of suggestions boil down to:

Everyone was unanimous about wanting to keep the meeting with Blondie with a few older suggestions to try to get there early.

There were several suggestions to put the poncho on for disguise and Corran Horn suggested you even ask Callie for help with your disguise.

Darth Delicious suggested hiding your comm link in your pants.

Findswoma and Ling_ster both suggested grabbing the credit stick and Finds wanted to check out the stormtrooper belt once you were alone.

As fro Callie (the bartender), everyone pretty much wanted to stay on good terms with her and keep options open for taking her up on her offer later.

I apologize for the somewhat lousy quality of these pics.  I guess I'm a bit rusty now and I didn't have time for reshoots. 

Oh, well.  On with the show!

You are in Callie's office.  A door leads off to the storeroom, another back to the bar.

There is a great deal of clutter lining the shelves near Callie's desk and many crates and assorted items against the wall.

You have a few minutes before Callie returns....

Inventory:

Credit Stick
toolkit
hold-out blaster
backpack containing -
change of clothes
bottle of booze
dirty poncho
control pad for ship
data pad with technical schematics
comm link
73 credits
stormtrooper belt

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - BACK IN BUSINESS!! 8/23
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2005, 12:36 PM »
Looks great Lance - I'm pretty slammed at work right now, but I'll comment in detail soon!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2005, 12:36 PM »
 :o :o :o

An Update!!! I got to get going to class, but as soon as I get back, I'll read this and comment on it. From what I saw when I skimmed it is it is going to be good. Thank you Lance! ;D :)
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2005, 06:44 PM »
I love the AE card! ;D Great chapter Lance! All the "clutter" in the storeroom looks great.

I would throw on the change of clothes and the stormtrooper belt, puttinmy gun in the holster, and comm in one of the pouches. And stick the credstick and the cresits in anouther pouch. Then I'd put evcerything else into the back pack and put it back on. Then put your poncho over that to disguise you even more. But I'd still need someting to complete the disguise, so I'd grab the Naboo fighter pilot helmet off the shelf and put it on. I'd leave a quick note for Callie telling her you are sorry you had to leave and thank her for everything and tell her you will stop by later.

Then I'd head off to the meeting to scout the area and wait in an alcove somewhere near by to make sure it isn't a trap. I wouldn't tell Callie the real reason I left is because I saw a full suit of Stormie armor in the storeroom and she had almost been too nice. I can't be sure if she is a spy and is planning on turning me in or if she really is what she claims to be. Before I trust her with everything, I'd still like to get to know her better, but if she is turning me in, I want to be gone by the time she gets back.

Thank you Lance. This was a long time coming. I can't wait until the next update. ;D :D :)
"This is the way."