Author Topic: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Not an update, but worth a look!  (Read 105264 times)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Yes, ANOTHER update! 12/29!!
« Reply #300 on: December 30, 2005, 06:00 PM »
thanks Lance. i stick with my suggestion before where i had Fang piecing it together that the bounty hunter was Boba Fett. we didn't suggest to him it was Fett, we just gave the description to the best of our ability and he comes up with Fett as the mystery bounty hunters identity.

And it was a good suggestion, jedistyle, but remember - Fang's assumptions are his to make.  All you can do is tell him what you saw.  How he reacts to it is entirely out of your control!  So whether he thinks it's Boba Fett or someone else - you'll just have to wait and see.  ;)

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 31, 2005, 02:33 PM »
i meant it to sound like Deaks line of thought and i was hoping Fang would react that way! ;D
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 1, 2006, 04:30 PM »
Thanks for another speedy update Lance!  I know we can't expect to see these updates this quickly, but it sure is nice when you can.

I'm glad we went withe a firm approach to our conversation with these guys, but didn't get too cocky in pulling a blaster.  I think things are definitely leaning towards our favor here some more.

I'm in the belief that's Fett, and I would definitely describe Fett in detail on what your character could remember - I think saying he had a bucket head helmet, with a visor and some sort of antenna, with some dented up dull armor in addition to the jet pack - I think that would be a good description.

As for customs for these, you're doing a good job.  It takes a lot of time, money and work to create tons of new characters for these.  What you've done so far is great.

:P

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 2, 2006, 07:39 PM »
Unfortunately, gang, the days of the speedy updates have come a close...at least for now.

A couple weeks ago, I recreated the Sewers/laboratory set and took a bunch of extra pictures so I could crank out updates.  Since all that was happened were conversations, I shot many, many extra pics of the characters in various poses and formations.

But, due to computer issues, I lost the rest of the "raw footage", so I will have to go back to the drawing board for the next updates, which may take a little while.

Thanks so much for the wonderful level of participation!  and Happy New Year!

we'll be back....

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #304 on: January 3, 2006, 12:28 PM »
No worries at all, Lance.  I know how time-consuming it can be to get even one photo ready, especially when one has computer troubles to deal with.  We know the end result will be great, as always!

In the meantime, let's continue our wonderful discussion of What To Say And Do Next. Just because Lance has to hold off on posting updates, doesn't mean we should hold off on chatting about Deak's next plan of action!  :)  How 'bout it?

Just to get the ball rolling again: We've talked a lot about the bounty hunter (yes, Lance and Chewie, you've convinced me he really is Boba Fett ;) ), and we should certainly mention him Lucen and Doc... but does anyone have any suggestions for any other details we should tell them about, "no matter how trivial"? I've suggested a few, but there are certainly others: Callie?  Callie's transmitter?  The late lamented AK-289?  Major Wolfell?  The three goons we met by Uncle Lance's ship?  Anyone?

... the Findswoman

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 3, 2006, 12:41 PM »
good idea Findswoman. i think that we should definetley mention the 3 goon's in the hagerbay waiting by your uncles ship, we could even tell them the little story they cooked up for you.

mabey asking them if they know callie and what thier relationship is with her would be a good idea.  we may mention the transmitter to see if they knew about it, if they didn't callie may be working for the imperials and trying to ambush us and them. this will put us even more in the same boat and may make the more apt to work with us and share more info.

good idea's again Findswoman.
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 16, 2006, 01:31 AM »
I'm in favor of mentioning the goons. We may need Fardle (Ha ha ha...Fardle.) to take care of that big Trandoshan for us.

I'm also in favor of giving more info on Fett. If Lucen's reaction is anything like what I think it is, I say that's a good spring-board to us saying, "Exactly what have I gotten myself into here?" and pressing for more info on Doc's invention. I wouldn't let on that the bounty hunter may have been looking for us...for all they know, he's there for them and I'd push that fact...that makes them desperate...desperate for the ship and piloting skills we have to offer.

Of course, it'd be pretty funny if Lucen's response was "Feldercarb! It's Jodo Kast! We're bein' 'unted by bloody Jodo Kast! He'll trip and fall down an access shaft and that'll be that!"   

That'll derail my plans but good.  :P

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #307 on: January 31, 2006, 01:14 AM »
Posted at RS - just to keep things interesting ;D

To paraphrase: braids, Colonel D, don't press on the weapon info

Also, trivial info:
the trip to the station took longer than expected
minning company
tech/co-piolt bailed at last minute
locked box missing from room while stormie was in bathroom?
A rodian stole 4o creds from ya

g'night

PS: Thanks to Finds' for pointing me in this direction!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 11:46 AM by PenDragon »

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 12, 2006, 06:36 PM »
just wondering what ever happened to this...havn't seen an update in a LONG time...did it get canceled?
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 12, 2006, 08:02 PM »
I believe Lance has just been really busy and still has plans for more updates, or at least I hope so...

:)

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #310 on: April 12, 2006, 08:28 PM »
I believe Lance has just been really busy and still has plans for more updates, or at least I hope so...

Yes, that's pretty much the case.  He's been extremely busy at work and it's tired him out a bunch.  I know he does want to return to it though -- it's just a matter of time...  Right, Lance? :)

... the Findswoman

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 12, 2006, 08:41 PM »
ah...I see....well..I'll be waiting.
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 14, 2006, 08:48 PM »
Thanks for the recent interest, gang!  And yes, we are still on a hiatus for the immediate future.

But the "third season" of the story will premiere sometime this spring (and by spring, I mean anytime between now and June 21).

See you soon!

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 25, 2006, 02:36 AM »
In anticipation of the debut of the exciting Third Season of the Interactive Photonovel, I have FINALLY updated the archive website with all of the chapters to date.

So if you want to refresh your memory, search for hidden clues, check out what you missed or catch the whole story for the first time, the entire thing (minus the interruption of those pesky posts) can be found on my website here:

IPN Archive

With this complete archive, a new chapter must be just around the corner!  :)

p.s.  in order to fit all the pics, I had to take down my older photonovels for the time being.  But they will return, too....someday.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 02:38 AM by Quazar »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Not an update, but worth a look!
« Reply #314 on: May 2, 2006, 09:21 PM »
Lance, if you need me to host some pics I can do so for you.

Also can't wait to see the next update(s)!