Author Topic: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Not an update, but worth a look!  (Read 105476 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - BACK IN BUSINESS!! 8/23
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2005, 11:50 PM »
Well, what to do, what to do?

First of all, let me compliment you for bringing back the series, and the excellent set up of the cluttered up office.  I love it.  It looks great and pretty realistic.

Here's what I'd do, and this might not be what everyone else would do -

- I'd go through her junk just a bit (do I see a thermal detonator back there on the shelf?)

- But I don't think I'd "steal" anything from her

- So, I'd probably wait for her to come back out.  I do trust her.  So, I'd wait to see what she comes up with regarding a disguise/helmet.

- When she does come back, I'd inquire with her about any of her other "junk" - including that blaster rifle. 

- She'll probably want to know what's in it for her if she "lends" you anything.  If she does, ask her what she wants - that you'll make it up to her however you can.  After all, she's a hottie.  And bending over in front of you when going through her junk was a major tease play.

- I really wouldn't ditch her.  She's really gone out of her way to help you out.  I think you owe it to her to to stick around before heading out to the ship. 

- You have a commlink.  Give her your signal ID and ask her for hers.  Tell her that you should contact each other in one standard hour after you leave.

:P
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 10:30 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2005, 11:58 PM »
I am so overwhelmed by the new update and the fact that this photonovel is back on track that I am speechless! Ideas will come later.

Hey, can we repost the entire photonovel and get it hyped on the front page like Chewie's stuff?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2005, 12:12 AM »
I didn't mean steal the stuff, I meant borrow it, and come back later. I kinda trust her, but not %100. I thought we already exchanged numbers? If not the definitely I'd do that, maybe leave yours on the note and leave.
"This is the way."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2005, 12:19 AM »
Great post, SLC!!!

Chewie, I look forward to seeing your reply.  I realize I never posted an in-depth critique for your last story (I actually got halfway through a couple weeks ago when my computer froze!  ARRRGH!!)  But I will definitely do so, you know how much of a fan I am!

To enhance the playing experience for everyone, I will be posting the other replies from the other threads so everyone can get a chance to read them and possibly get inspired by them.

So here's some stuff from RS:

Findswoman:
Right, now, on with the scene (essentially a copy of what I said on FFURG):

At this juncture, you're pretty much just waiting for Callie, right? That's what I'd recommend, anyway. You can take this time to search that stormtrooper belt, as well as to glance around the room to see what you can see. (That golden robot in the corner, for example, looks prety interesting...) Especially at the stuff she pushed off the desk -- you might learn something about Callie.

And here's why I say that the way I do: The fact that there's stormtrooper gear on the middle of her desk seems a bit odd to me, somehow, and she did seem extremely eager to clear it off when you entered. (After all, I'm sure she's entered that office MANY times before without the need to push all that stuff off the desk -- the difference being that she was alone all those previous times.)

Now I don't mean to rain on people's parade by suggesting that our main character be suspicious of the only friend he's met so far, but given the political sate of affairs on the station, it's a possibility we should keep in mind.

Don't pick up anything just yet, though, or try to follow her. We still want to stay on her good side...

Ling_ster:
Here's what I'd do:

Put my backpack on the chair and move it out of the way.

Remembering the nice view I got of her... Ahem. 

I'd start tiding up the place, especially around the shelves. It's the least I could do for her help. Also, it allows to scope out what she's got back here, especially the junk she tossed on the floor...
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2005, 10:31 AM »
Thanks for posting other people's replies!

Lance, I did reply with my list of what I'd do, but I guess you missed it.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2005, 06:47 PM »
Cool stuff!

All I would do is change my clothes, but be prepared for any kind of swerve from Callie!

Excellent job! :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2005, 11:58 AM »
Well, before we proceed any further, it looks like there's a fairly unanimous suggestion that we take a look around the room first.....

so....here we go.  Glancing around the room, you are able to identify most of the items in Callie's office.

You then take a look behind the desk, where she quickly shoved what looked to be stormtrooper gear the moment you entered the room....

It definintely looks like a stormtrooper helmet, pieces of stormtrooper armor and some kind of blaster rifle.

WHAT DO YOU DO NOW
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 05:18 AM by Quazar »

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - UPDATE 8/25
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2005, 12:41 PM »
Thanks for those detailed photos, Lance!  They're a great help.

Gosh, that's certainly an odd assortment of stuff for a bartender to have.  Binders? Pilot helmet?  Hazmat container?  And ESPECIALLY the Stormie gear. 

It is indeed hard to imagine that she could be anything less than a "good guy" after the way she's helped you so far, especially when she saved you from the Stormtrooper that time.  I would rather be able to just trust her.  But at the same time, there's got to be some story behind all this odd clutter of hers.   Her unwillingness to let our character follow her into the storeroom is another red flag.  If that golden droid could talk, what might he say?

Case in point: the attractiveness and "tease play" mentioned by Chewie.  To me that doesn't necessarily add to her trustworthiness.  Some attractive women have been known to use their "wiles" to ensnare men.  Think of Circe, Medea, Salome, the Sirens...

As for whether to wait for Callie (Chewie) or whether to run off (SLC): I'm personally undecided about that.  Either way we choose will be all right with me.  But whatever we do, we need to keep a close eye on the time, and be punctual for our meeting with Blondie. 

So I guess it would depend on how long Callie's been out of the room. How long has our guy been waiting for her, by the way?  If it's more than just one more panel or so, that might be cause for concern...

... the Findswoman

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2005, 03:20 PM »
I still think now is the time to get out of there before anything bad happens. I'm not saying she is bad, but a lot of things just aren't adding up, something is off. In your note to her just tell her that you decided to scout out the area beforehand and make sure it wasn't a trap. Don't tell her where that area is though, if she is working for the Empire, I wouldn't want to give anything away.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2005, 03:38 PM »
I just don't think she's working for the Empire... the whole Stormtrooper confronting her in the bar makes me think she's not on their side... is she really on anyone's side though other than her own?

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2005, 05:02 PM »
Great discussion, folks, but I need a consensus!

Chewie wants to stay...SLC wants to bolt.

Findswoman, Diddly and Lingster are undecided....

It would help to get more opinions....let's get more replies, folks! 

A few things:

The "worker droid" is hundreds of years out of date.  It's old and crappy, originally designed simply for routine domestic chores.  Nothing fancy at all.  You'd be amazed if it worked at all.

Chewie, Callie already programmed her number into your comm link.

Findswoman, it has been only 15 seconds since Callie left the room.  Just enough time to literally glance around the stuff for a second or two.

Also, despite numerous suggestions, I am NOT going to change the character's clothes back to his "first" outfit - only because it is a real pain to make him wear the backpack when he's wearing the orange vest.

I give you my assurances that the poncho will provide sufficient "disguise"...at least for your body.  Your face is another matter...the naboo helmet that SLC spotted would provide good, but not great cover.

Please continue to talk amongst yourselves!!  ;)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2005, 05:05 PM »
Because I'm sure not everyone has committed every minute detail of this story to memory, I'm going to take this opportunity to remind everyone of a few facts:

1)  Your missing uncle is named Lance Quazar
2)  The bartender's name is Callie
3)  The Imperial colonel's name is Draven (this is new info., not provided first time around)
4)  Callie ALREADY programmed her number into your comm link back at the bar.  You should have no trouble contacting her once you leave.
5)  You told Callie your name is "Deak Starkiller", but it isn't really
6)  We have not established your real name yet.  I'm open to suggestions.
7)  You arranged to meet Blondie in "one hour".  It has been twenty minutes since that happened.
8)  You don't know Blondie's name, but you know the name of the mercenary she was with - Lucen Fang.
9)  You are an aspiring mechanic.  Your mother runs a droid shop.

That's all for now.  Let's keep those responses coming in, folks.  It's been pretty light so far.....(thanks, as always, to my returning players, but let's expand the pool a little bit!)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2005, 06:35 PM »

I give you my assurances that the poncho will provide sufficient "disguise"...at least for your body.  Your face is another matter...the naboo helmet that SLC spotted would provide good, but not great cover.

I'd grab the breath mask two shelves down as well. It would help tocover the lower half of your face.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 06:36 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2005, 11:38 PM »

I'd grab the breath mask two shelves down as well. It would help tocover the lower half of your face.

SLC, couple of quick comments -

Hate to be a nitpicker, but you don't actually have anything to write a note with or on! 

Also, you consider that a human walking around with a pilot helmet AND a breathing mask inside a space station might look a little....strange and could actually wind up attraction attention instead of helping you remain anonymous.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 12:40 AM by Quazar »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2005, 12:29 AM »

[/quote

SLC, couple of quick comments -

Hate to be a nitpicker, but you don't actually have anything to write a note with or on! 

Also, you consider that putting a human walking around with a pilot helmet AND a breathing mask inside a space station might look a little....strange and could actually wind up attraction attention instead of helping you remain anonymous.

Ummmmmmmm..... right. :P

Well then I'd still put the helmet on, it'd cover you up enough so that no one would notice unless they looked really hard, canging clothes will help too. As for the note.... use the welding torch and write it one the desk... or since she gave you here comm number give her a call after you leave and tell her instead of giving her a note.
"This is the way."