Author Topic: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - Not an update, but worth a look!  (Read 105513 times)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: INTERACTIVE Photonovel - UPDATE 11/20! BLONDIE AT LAST!
« Reply #255 on: December 6, 2005, 01:16 PM »
Hey, gang.  I know I said I'd have the update by now, but I've been grappling with a frustrating situation.

Even with the addition of NoMercyJoe's comments, the "aggressives" are still behind by one vote.

I have been frustrated, not by any of the players themselves, but simply by the fact that, once again, we have two wildly different suggestions and, sadly, I will have to disappoint a large number of players by picking one of them.

I really very much appreciate and value everyone's input, so it is upsetting when I am forced to junk a large number of truly great replies.

Alas, such is the nature of the game, though.  As  always, I strive for compromise whenever possible and I try to incorporate as many different suggestions as possible, but when we have diametrically opposed suggestions, then some people, sadly, all wonderful players, will get voted down.  The only real alternative would be to try to make some kind of watered-down, "middle of the road" solution which wouldn't really make anyone happy.

So, for real this time, I will have an update within 48 hours.  Thanks for your patience and your participation!!!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #256 on: December 6, 2005, 03:15 PM »
Hey, losing the occassional vote is part of the process  :'(

On with the update! :)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 6, 2005, 03:59 PM »
Is it in any way possible that I could join in on this? Could I start with the next update?
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #258 on: December 6, 2005, 04:33 PM »
Jump in, d_n. My understanding is that anyone can jump in any time (I did, anyway).

Vote for AGGRESSION for the next update and you'll create a tie!  :P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 6, 2005, 07:25 PM »
Cool. This is a great concept, I'm glad to be a part of it.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 6, 2005, 09:48 PM »
Yes!  Feel free to jump in at any point.

However, I recommend getting caught up with the story.

Most (all but the last two or three) updates can be viewed easily, without slogging through all the posts, on my website HERE.

The more recent ones can be found in the thread.

I look forward to your input, Nirvana!  But if you vote "aggressive", you better have a good reason for it, otherwise I'll assume you fell under the spell of the deviously charismatic and diabolical In Rem.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #261 on: December 6, 2005, 11:45 PM »
Yeah, this is all in fun. And "softie" is entirely benign no matter how you cut it. The comment about lacking backbone... well, *maybe* that could be construed as offensive, but in context, I'm really talking about the characteristics that are being projected onto Deak.

Let's not get too touchy about this. It's all in good fun. If there is ever an ambiguity as to what I may or may not mean by a comment, please assume the nicer interpretation. It's not in me to use message boards to hurt others. :)

To the extent you may have been offended, findswoman, please accept my apology.

I definitely accept, In Rem.  No worries at all.  And I should apologize for being so sensitive -- it was just a very rough & hectic day when I posted that, and I was a little on edge.

Of course, even if one is a softie, one can still be a softie with great dignity and confidence:)

Lance, I can't wait to see what you've got for us next, whatever the majority ends up deciding.  You're so good at incorporating everyone's suggestions anyway that I'm sure no one will be disappointed!   8)

... the Findswoman
« Last Edit: December 7, 2005, 10:32 AM by findswoman »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #262 on: December 7, 2005, 12:04 AM »
Cool. This is a great concept, I'm glad to be a part of it.

[Jedi Mind Trick]You will vote aggressive.[/Jedi Mind Trick]

:P
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 7, 2005, 12:21 AM »
The Sith are aggressive.  The Jedi calculate our decisons and do what is morally right.  But were't not a Sith nor a Jedi.

Lance, remember the PM's we discussed - I really think the idea we had discussed would be a winner.  Might not go with what everyone was thinking this time, but could be a fun twist to it.  I'd love it for sure.  In a way, I think it would make both sides happy... feel free to PM to discuss more.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #264 on: December 7, 2005, 10:39 AM »
The Sith are aggressive.  The Jedi calculate our decisons and do what is morally right.  But were't not a Sith nor a Jedi.

Lance, remember the PM's we discussed - I really think the idea we had discussed would be a winner.  Might not go with what everyone was thinking this time, but could be a fun twist to it.  I'd love it for sure.  In a way, I think it would make both sides happy... feel free to PM to discuss more.

Oh, Chewie, do you have an idea for a compromise between the aggressive and non-aggressive camps?  Sounds very promising indeed.  Why not let us know what it is?  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #265 on: December 7, 2005, 11:20 AM »
Vote tampering!

TAM!

PER!

ING!

No photo-novelization without representation!

Revolution!

Kidding, of course. :) Can't wait to see where we're headed...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 10, 2005, 01:49 AM »
Hmmm... I want to let you know... I'm not sure if Lance will use my idea or not... I don't think he will.  Lance, can I let them know what I suggested to you via PM?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #267 on: December 13, 2005, 12:26 AM »

So, for real this time, I will have an update within 48 hours.  Thanks for your patience and your participation!!!

48 hours, eh? :P

Well I can't wait to see the next update whenever it is ready. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 13, 2005, 02:52 AM »

48 hours, eh? :P

Well I can't wait to see the next update whenever it is ready. :)

Sorry!  Got a little sidetracked.  I will have an update this week, but I won't make any more specific predictions, since I always get them wrong!

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 20, 2005, 11:04 AM »
Alright, folks, finally an update!  Between work and the hectic holiday season, this was a long time coming.  Thanks for being patient!

Additionally, part of the delay was due to my frustration over the fact that we had yet another extremely close round of voting, with excellent replies from all!  It saddens me a bit to have to discard so much great input based on a narrow majority and I briefly flirted with various kinds of compromises, but decided to adhere to the rules.

First up is a retroactive addition to the last scene.  Chewie had asked a question about whether or not the tunnels could be used to go to different levels and I simply forgot to include it in the update.

So let's just pretend that these first few pics "already happened" and then we'll skip ahead to the "present."

Now on with the update!

As I said, we had another extremely close round of voting, but the "diplomatic" crowd won out over the "aggressive" group by a margin of one vote!

Here's a breakdown of the voting:

Aggressive
In Rem
jedistyle
Longhorn
Ryan
No Mercy Joe

Cautious
Findswoman
CorranHorn
Clone Commander Gree
Ashared Hett
Diddly
Chewie

Now, for the next update, we're going to do things a little differently.  Especially in light of the recent dead heat voting, I'd like to try to give everyone a chance to directly participate if they want to.

So this next chapter will be more interactive, kind of like the bar sequence.  Anyone who wants to can post a specific piece of dialogue or a question.  The decisions here are not what to do or where to go, but what to say.

And rather than having everyone just vote for the kinds of things to say, I'd love to give everyone a chance to just jump in and say them.

Here's the good news:  I took a SLEW of extra photos during my last session, so I will be able to post individual "mini updates" at a rapidly accelerated pace.  So we can have as much "back and forth" as you'd like. 

So Player A can say something, and I can post a quick response.  Player B then can jump in...and so on.

Now, if people have fundamental disagreements about other people's suggestions, then feel free to discuss them and try to come to a compromise.

Maybe, for example, one person will want to tell the other characters the whole truth, while others might opt for a clever lie.  Some compromises will probably be necessary.

(See the recent conversation between Chewie and Findswoman regarding staying in touch with Crate for a stellar example of inter-player communication and cooperation)

Now, this is all experimental and free form, so we'll see how it goes.  The only real rules here are be respectful and have fun!

So on with the show!

WHAT DO YOU DO?

WHAT DO YOU SAY?

Inventory:

dirty poncho (worn)

personal comlink
Credit Stick
toolkit
hold-out blaster
backpack containing -
change of clothes
control pad for ship