Author Topic: KNASHDX's Collection  (Read 15832 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
KNASHDX's Collection
« on: March 8, 2005, 10:18 AM »
Here are some pictures of my collection for my palls to enjoy.

Hallway to the "Star Wars Room"

This is as you start to walk down the hall to my Star Wars room. My display case is on the the right. Pictures of that are shown in a little bit. You see a pictures Yoda and the Cantina Toast. Both pictures were picked up from the Star Wars fan club when it was based in Denver.

This is the other wall in the hallway down to the Star Wars room. I have a Dave Dorman Lithograph of Vader (Left) #79 or 1500. And a Photomosaic picture of Vader (right).

On the extra wall next to the doorway into the room I hung a chrome picture of the Bounty Hunters and an autographed photo of the actress that played Aurora Sing in TPM. You can start to see my Star Wars room.

The Display Case

This is a full shot of my display case that I keep my "Movie" & "Comic" figures in.

The top row of my display is my X-Men comic figures and Wolverine. There are the X-Men figures that are from the Marvel Legends line except for Cyclops & Archangel who are from the X-Men Classic Line. As well as my different Wolverines. I have 1 of all the different Mavel Legends pieces, as well as the 2 Marvel Select pieces. I have a Wolverine Dr. Pepper Can from the X2 promotion and a Wolverine pewter arm.

Here is the start of my "Movie" pieces. I have the entire NECO Ghostbusters line, ET, Hagrid from the Harry Poter movies, Puss in Boots, Evil Queen (from Snow White), Beavis & Butt-Head, & Jenna Jameson (back with Pink Pom-poms). On the other side has all the Marvel Comic's that have been made into movies, Wolverine for X-Men, Hulk, Spider-man, Daredevil, & Blade. There is the LOTR set consisting of Sauramon, Sauron, Gandalf, & Ringwrith. As well as everyone's favorite evil doctor, Dr. Evil, his pal Mini-me, and FAT BASTARD!!!

The 3rd shelf is all of my McFarland stuff consisting of figures from the following series of toys Shrek, T3, Sleepy Hollow's Headless Horseman, Alien & Predator, Alien vs. Predator, Movie Maniac's 2 - 7 (Crow, T-101, T-1000, T-101 endoskeleton, Aliens & Predators, Robocop, & Hicks), Matrix, & Collectors Club (Stealth Predators & variant Hicks).

The 4th shelf has my Mc Farlane deluxe sets. Alien Queen, Alien vs. Predator from the Movie Maniac's line, TX vs T101 from the T3 Line, and the deluxe Headless Horseman from the Sleepy Hollow movie.

The bottom shelf consists all my over sized figures. Black Knight, Tim the Enchanter, & Bridge keeper from Monty Python & the Holy Grail, R. Lee Ermy from Full Metal Jacket, a dancing gopher that plays Kenny Logins "I'm Alright" from the Caddyshack movie, "Joliet" Jake & Elwood Blues from the Blues Brothers movie, my Stay Puff Marshmellow Man from Ghostbusters, and my 2 favorite Transformers; 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime and Unicron.

Please note Unicrons hand that is not holding anything. This is why I love superarticulate toys. You can get them to do cool things.

“Star Wars Room"

This is a picture of my entire Star Wars wall right now. More pieces will be hung but that won’t be until after the Convention in April.

This is a close up of some of the Exclusive figures that I have and the OTC figures.

This is the deluxe figures & a couple of the international 2 packs that I have. The deluxe figures fit nicely into Starting Line-Up protectors.

This is my Orange Card & SOTE figures. I was really excited about hanging up my old school stuff.

This is my collection of my favorite baseball players; Mark McGwire & Nolan Ryan. These are my favorite Starting Line-Ups of these 2.

On the opposite wall from my Star Wars figures I have put up these shelves. The glass is from FAO Schwarz when they were going out of business from the Mall of America.

Right side has my Kotobukiya Darth Vader, Movie Theater Luke from the ROTJ SE release in 1997 and a couple other cool little things I have. There is a big space that I will explain after all the pictures.

On the top of the right side I have put all my Steins and the 3 mini-busts. I have included my Wolverine Statue that my wife purchased for me because I didn’t have room for it in my display case.

On the left side I have put my Cinemacast Vader. There is also a big space to be filled.

Left side on the bottom had the 3 Hallmark replica mini-lunch boxes, there is my full size replica lunch box that I picked up at ShopStarWars.com last year, a couple of different Darth Maul statues, and a couple other knick knacks.

As you walk in the room there are these shelves that I have started putting my Unleashed figures on the top 2 and on the bottom shelf I have put the 25th Anniversary scenes, the Trash Compactor scene, and my B’Omarr Monk.

The 2 spaces on my self are for the 2 Darth Vader statues that are being released later this year. 1 of them being the 1:4 Scale statue from Sideshow toys.

Pictures of my in-wall display case will be posted soon as I just finished putting everything up in there and haven't taken pictures yet.

Ryan
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:16 PM by knashdx »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: KNASHDX's Collection
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2005, 01:47 PM »
Awsome room knashdx, someday I hope to have an exclusive room for my collection only. So far all I have is my colelctions on shelves.

Awsom set up!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Nice pics Ryan, everything looks great.  I need to get some more shelving/storage area for my collection, and have been debating on what route I want to go.  I really like that glass case you have your comic and movie figures in, can I ask where you got that?  I remember that ikea online used to have some nice cases like that, but they don't seem to carry them anymore.  Anyways, very nice collection, looking forward to seeing your next batch of pics.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 8, 2005, 04:14 PM »
Mosnab-

I purchased it from Showcase Design. They go to the Kane County Toy show in Chicago, but they are based in the Twin Cities. If you go to their website it will tell you where they go for delivery of the case.

When my wife and I purchased our home we talked long and hard and she said that I could have that room to put my toys in since she was getting her own room upstairs for crafts. I sorta took over the hallway, and the door in the hallway leads to a storage room that I am using 1/3 of it for all my stuff still in package. All my loose stuff that is not being displayed is out in the garage.

I have looked at Ikea, it is part of the IVAR collection. I have a friend in Chicago that has it I will post the pictures I have of his stuff in it so you can see it. That way you will know if it is something that will work for you. Ikea's stuff is most definately less expensive than the Display I have so it is personal preference on which route you want to go.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:17 PM by knashdx »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 9, 2005, 12:01 PM »
Cool pics, very nice.  You need some trilogo stuff though, given how close you are to Canada and all. :P

Clearly you're the reason though that Marvel keeps making Wolverine figures >:( ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 06:42 PM »
Great collection, knashdx! Nicely organized as well. :)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 8, 2005, 12:06 AM »
VERY nice! Can I have those mini busts?

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 6, 2005, 08:54 AM »
UPDATED PICTURES!!!

This is the in wall book shelf that was in the room when we baught the house. I removed all the shelving that was in there and the hardware. I then painted the whole thing white, replaced all the hardware, put in the lighting, and put in glass shelves.

Top right shelve is home to all my misc. Jedi Knights such as Mace Windu, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Plo Koon, Shakk Ti, younglings, etc...

Top left shelve is home to all my Darth Maul's, Qui-Gonn Jin's, Mara Jada, Ventress', Leia (Expanded Universe), McQuarrie Stormtrooper, Han Solo's, Sing's & custom C'Both.

2nd shelve on the right is where all the Yoda's & Obi-Wans are.

2nd shelve on the left is where all the Palpatine's, Dooku's, and Grevious are at.

3rd shelve on the right is where all the millions, and millions of Luke Skywalker's are kept. I am very surprised that the shelve is not more full than it is.

3rd shelve on the left is where all the Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalkers call home. Thanks to my Darth Tater I have run out of room.

The bottom most shelve is where all the mix sets that cotain more than 1 jedi on them are put. Thus the Jedi Council, Master's of the Dark Side, 20th Anniversary Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader, and all the fighting sets from from ROTS.

This weekend I made curtains for my windows in the room. Thanks to a little help from my wife on how to use her sewing machine. I guess there is another thing that "The Boy Scouts of America" taught me; besides the joy of FIRE and playing with knifes.

You can not see the curtains all that well in the bottom picture, due to my Mustafar Playset. That was the only place that I could put it where it would not get steped on or be in the way.

I finally received one of my Darth Vader statues and so one of the blank spots on my Statue wall have been filled.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Commander Cody -

Unfortunately you can not have those busts. I have 2 more on the way since I placed my preorder to get the ROTS Vader and the ESB Yoda that are due out later this year.

Mosnab

Here is a picture of what the IVAR shelving system looks like. My friend in Chicago uses his for all his Starting Line-Ups and such. Total cost of the Ivar Shelves with lights is $150.

Hope you enjoy
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 05:13 PM by knashdx »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: June 6, 2005, 10:35 AM »
Great stuff Ryan, I really like how you broke the stuff out by character

I thought about installing those lights at one time but I then touched one while I was at Ikea and just about melted my finger it was soooo hot, I'd be worried about forgetting them on or melting something :-\

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #9 on: June 6, 2005, 03:26 PM »
Awesome! I like how you've got the Can-cell suspended in midair, Boga stuck on the wall, and Luke dangling on the Cloud City gantry. :)

What's with the receipt stuck on the figure in the 9th photo?
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 6, 2005, 04:11 PM »
My friend in Chicago got me started on a goofy collection. I am getting a Darth Vader from a TRU in every state I or a family member goes to. My friend started it off by bringing me back a Darth Vader from his honeymoon in Hawaii. So far I have one from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, North Carolina, Arkansas, and Hawaii. I hope to add South Dakota to that list when I am out in Sioux Falls this weekend.

The best part of this collection is that I don't care about the packaging. I just want a figure from the state and I tape the receipt to it to indicate which ones.

Like I said a goofy collection.

To get the Can-Cell and Boga to stay in place I used fishing line and the shelves or brackets to hold them in place. I put a little poster putty on the bottom of one of the Boga's feet to get it to stick to the wall. As for the Luke, it came with that set up and I just made sure that the glass was really clean and there was a little liquid on the suction cup area and it stuck like a charm.

I looked at the lights at IKEA, but I too did not like how hot they got. I saw these lights at Home Depot and they get a little warm, but not hot like the ones at IKEA. You can't see it in the pictures but there is a button on the top left that is the switch for the lights as they have a dimmer option to them. I just tap the button 3 times to get it to the brightest light or I can put it at any level I want.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2005, 04:16 PM by knashdx »

Offline Darth Revan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 11:46 PM »
nice collection

Offline Loopy_Leia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2005, 09:49 PM »
Nice collection.    I am sure it all cost a pretty penny to collect all those things.  I have a small collection started but at the moment I don't have a place for it so I've packed it away carefully in my closet. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #13 on: August 1, 2005, 08:22 PM »
Cool stuff.  I especially like the Steins.  I have the SE Stein, but didn't know about any others made.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 6, 2005, 09:05 AM »
Finally after 6 weeks of a GIGANTIC box of Star Cases sitting upsatairs I finally have the protectors that I need to get all of the figures up to Saga into protectors. Here is what it all looks like now.

I have everything hung up except for the Flashback or Comtech Chips. I don't have enough room for those.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 05:14 PM by knashdx »