Author Topic: Star Wars "Force Battlers" Figures  (Read 15075 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars "Force Battlers" Figures
« Reply #30 on: June 9, 2005, 04:02 PM »
I'm sorry, I don't think the Yoda/Sidious wave is technically the "next" wave in the line...just the next one they have announced.  I personally am not sure of the order, but beyond the four that are on the pegs now (Obi/Anakin/Grievous/Vader), we've seen upcoming figures of Chewbacca/Mace/Clonetrooper, Han/Luke/2nd Vader, and now Yoda/Sidious if I am remembering correctly.  I'm not sure if that is the order they are going to be released or not.

Yeah, Brian that is still the planned order:

Wave 1:
Ben / Anakin / Grievous / Vader

Wave 2:
Mace / Chewie / Clone

Wave 3:
Luke / Han / Vader (#2)

Wave 4:
Yoda / Emperor

I think so many places are swimming in Wave 1 that the rest haven't had much chance to get out yet...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 9, 2005, 04:04 PM »
edit... You beat me to the bunch, Brian, but I've basically got the same info as you:   :)

edit #2... And now Jeff beat me too.   ;)

As near as I can figure, Yoda and Palpatine should be wave 4:

Wave 1 - April 2005
Anakin Skywalker
Darth Vader
General Grievous
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Wave 2 - date?
Chewbacca
Clone Trooper
Mace Windu

Wave 3 - date?
Darth Vader II
Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Luke Skywalker

Wave 4 - Fall 2005
Emperor Palpatine
Yoda

Hasbro's official updates mention Palpatine and Yoda being released in the fall, but they don't list any dates on wave 2 and wave 3.  I'm just assuming each update is a new wave.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 9, 2005, 04:11 PM »
Will the last waves be released?  Just speculatin', of course.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2005, 10:16 PM »
Miracles of miracles - NEW Force Battlers.

At no less than TWO Target Stores I stopped at tonight, I stumbled across Mace Windu, Clone Trooper and Chewbacca Force Battlers from wave 2.

Maybe there is hope that wave 4 will eventually get released.  I was starting to think all I'd ever see hanging hopelessly on the pegs was the April 2nd stuff.

So, to all of you out there collecting this line (all 3 or 4 of you), new stuff is hitting now!   :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2005, 01:31 PM »
Yeah, I've been seeing the Mace and Chewie everywhere for the past week or so.  Only seen 2 Clones so far, so that's definitely the toughest of the bunch, as you'd expect.

Still not biting on this line though.

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2005, 12:50 AM »
Ran across Mace, Clone, and Chewie at WM last night. Didn't even realize there was a second wave coming.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2005, 09:37 AM »
Nothing but seas of Anakins and Obi-Wans here right now.  I've been checking for the new wave, because I'd like to pick up the Chewbacca, but no signs here at Target or Wal-Mart.  I have a feeling this line won't be around for too long though, it seems like collector interest is next to zero and I don't think the kiddies are too psyched about it either.  I have seen a lot more kids in the Star Wars aisle this year, but its always been to look at the basic figure or role play items, and to mess with the talking Vader helmet :).  I am hoping that the new waves make their way through the system, I'd like to get the Han and Chewie at least.  Kind of wish I would have picked up the Vader too, but missed out on him around here.  Probably for the best, because then I'd feel more compelled to get more of them (specifically OT ones).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2005, 03:31 PM »
I ran across the new wave of these at Target yesterday, and they had 2 each of Mace and Chewie, and 1 of the Clones.  I picked up the Chewie...and will likely pick up the Han in the future (I always like to try to get the Han and Chewie from each line at least).  Part of me had considered getting some of the other OT characters, but I'm not so sure if I will or not.  The Chewie is nice, but it isn't anything spectacular, and probably not worth $9.99 necessarily.  Maybe there is just too much "similar" stuff out there competing, with this and Jedi Force (as well as Galactic Heroes, which are different...but still sort of the same market).  Another nice "odd ball" part of the collection I guess, but I don't know if it is a line I would extend to collecting further.  Surprisingly, the wave 1 Obis and Anakins that have been rotting since they were released were gone for some reason.  I suspect that they were taken back to the stockroom and replaced with the new wave, as I have a hard time believing they sold all of a sudden now.  Can't find a Vader (or Grievous, really) in town anywhere.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2005, 04:45 AM »
Force Battlers' pics from SDCC:

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2005, 08:32 AM »
I have not collected this line, but I might pick up that yoda because it just looks cool.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2005, 09:21 AM »
I think it is funny that this line seems to be the only one that actually got "new" sculpts for the Comic-Con display.  I really don't think this line will last, as collector interest seems close to zero and kids just won't be buying this stuff after the movie hype dies down.  I have picked up the Chewie and Vader figures, and might get the Han, but other than that I will likely be staying clear of these.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2005, 02:04 PM »
I never thought it would be possible due to the sheer volume of Wave 1 figures still around, but somehow, over the last 8 weeks I've seen each of the subsequent waves turn up at Target.

So, in case anyone out there still cares about this line, The wave 4 figures, Yoda & Emperor, are now shipping and have been spotted in a few Targets around town here in MN.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2005, 02:12 PM »
I was kind of surprised at that too Jeff.  Although you can still find plenty of Obis and Anakins around, we've started seeing quite a few of the others around as well.  Specifically, I can remember seeing Chewie, Mace, Clonetrooper, Luke, Han, and the "new" Vader.  Although I did pick up the Vader, as well as Han and Chewie, I think this line can go away as far as I care.  At least this or Jedi Force, we don't need both.  I won't be getting any more of these, unless I pick up the Yoda for my brother (he collects only Yoda stuff).  Not a big fan of them, and the price is plenty high too.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2005, 02:56 PM »
By the sounds of it, I'm the only one interested in this line - I think they're great!  I think the reason I like them is because of their radically different styling, almost in a Japanese anime-like fashion.  Thanks to Matt, I've gotten all of them!

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2005, 06:19 PM »
I dig them too, though I don't collect them.  The Target I'm training at has them coming out of their ass right now, so maybe they will go clearance.  There are plenty of Yodas and Emperors in back.