Author Topic: MLB 2005  (Read 56223 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: MLB Regular Season - 2005
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2005, 04:41 PM »
Rangers have hit 8 Dongs off the Angels today...still an inning to go

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 5, 2005, 07:48 AM »
Anyway want a washed up bum of a closer with an over 6.00 ERA who can't throw a 85 mph fastball?  I'll trade him for a bag of used balls, a couple of broken bats and a bag of sunflower seeds.  >:(

Offer still stands.  I'll even drop the bag of used balls.  Bastard.  >:(
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 5, 2005, 12:19 PM »
Cubs win 4 or 5 in a row!!! :)
And then promptly lose 5 in a row with all their starters healthy :(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2005, 05:20 PM »
I love sunflower seeds, so send him on over Mikey!  8)

On a less positive note, my Angels, who were steamrolling along quite beautifully throughout June, have hit the skids here after having gotten swept by the lowly Mariners in a 4 game series.  Still have a decent lead in the West, but this is definitely not the type of momentum we wanted to carry into the All-star break.  But hey, at least the break will temporarily halt that momentum...

Dodgers...  Well, they suck far worse right now.  Since 3/4ths of our team is out injured (for most of the season), I don't even know any of our current everyday lineup outside of Jeff Kent.  Freakin' pathetic.  Even worse when you consider that we removed all the names from the jerseys this year, so most Dodger fans can't even figure out who the **** is on the field at any given time (without matching numbers up in the media guide).  ::)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2005, 05:16 PM »
I love sunflower seeds, so send him on over Mikey! 8)

On a less positive note, my Angels, who were steamrolling along quite beautifully throughout June, have hit the skids here after having gotten swept by the lowly Mariners in a 4 game series. Still have a decent lead in the West, but this is definitely not the type of momentum we wanted to carry into the All-star break. But hey, at least the break will temporarily halt that momentum...

Dodgers... Well, they suck far worse right now. Since 3/4ths of our team is out injured (for most of the season), I don't even know any of our current everyday lineup outside of Jeff Kent. Freakin' pathetic. Even worse when you consider that we removed all the names from the jerseys this year, so most Dodger fans can't even figure out who the **** is on the field at any given time (without matching numbers up in the media guide). ::)

I wouldn't worry about it.  My ******* Rangers have lost 5 of 7 since the All Star break.  My wife and I are headed out tonight and Sunday so hopefullly we can jump back into second and take the next three from Oakland.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2005, 05:20 PM »
I love sunflower seeds, so send him on over Mikey!  8)

On a less positive note, my Angels, who were steamrolling along quite beautifully throughout June, have hit the skids here after having gotten swept by the lowly Mariners in a 4 game series.  Still have a decent lead in the West, but this is definitely not the type of momentum we wanted to carry into the All-star break.  But hey, at least the break will temporarily halt that momentum...

Dodgers...  Well, they suck far worse right now.  Since 3/4ths of our team is out injured (for most of the season), I don't even know any of our current everyday lineup outside of Jeff Kent.  Freakin' pathetic.  Even worse when you consider that we removed all the names from the jerseys this year, so most Dodger fans can't even figure out who the **** is on the field at any given time (without matching numbers up in the media guide).  ::)

Forget about the Dodgers, it's over for them.

The Angels have a legitimate shot to make the playoffs, they probably will.  But most disconcerting is Vladimir Guerrero's sore left wrist, and batting average that has fallen 40 points in the last 12 or so games.  He's got 4 hits in that span total, but one was a game winning grand slam off Tom Gordon last night, so hopefully he'll snap out of it.  His power numbers are way down though, extra base hits and homeruns, and I'm not sure if it's his left wrist, his jammed shoulder that he was on the DL for, or just a prolonged slump.  At any rate, if he does not snap out of this, the Angels are going to be overtaken in the AL West most likely.

Even if the Angels don't make the playoffs, it doesn't really matter because they'd lose in the ALCS to the Yankees anyway, since the Yankees are going to be World Series Champions this year.

:o
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2005, 05:30 PM »
Even if the Angels don't make the playoffs, it doesn't really matter because they'd lose in the ALCS to the Yankees anyway, since the Yankees are going to be World Series Champions this year.

Keep right on talkin', you delirious goof!

I believe the Angels waxed the Yanks in the playoffs a few years back, and with our hitting and your total lack of pitching (not to mention our good pitching), your pinstriped assclowns don't stand a chance, Matt.  Just like last night with that game winning slam by Vlad.  So there.  :-*

As for the Dodgers...  >:(

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2005, 05:57 PM »

Keep right on talkin', you delirious goof!

I believe the Angels waxed the Yanks in the playoffs a few years back, and with our hitting and your total lack of pitching (not to mention our good pitching), your pinstriped assclowns don't stand a chance, Matt.  Just like last night with that game winning slam by Vlad.  So there.  :-*

As for the Dodgers...  >:(

Well Vlad should hit that homerun last night since it's been about 15 games without one for him, and since about 40 players have more than him.

You can dwell in the past with that one series where the Angels bested the Yanks, but this is not the same Angels team.  And if you want to talk playoff success stories, I have about 26 of them to tell you.  How many you got?

:D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2005, 10:36 PM »
Scary moment: WHACK!!!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2005, 08:33 AM »
Scary moment: WHACK!!!

You couldn't think of a better word to describe this incident than "WHACK!!!"?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2005, 08:38 AM »
Not for a player on the Red Sox  ;)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2005, 09:54 AM »
Wow.  I really hope you're joking.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2005, 09:16 PM »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2005, 09:22 PM »
Manny on his way to the Mets?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2119978

That salary though...

One thing I know is that I am growing fond of the Mets recently, been watching them a lot on MSG and listening to WFAN.  I like the prospect of them getting Manny Ramirez or Alfonso Soriano, 2 of my favorite players, and 2 of the best 15 hitters in baseball.  The buzz here in NY has been Soriano, Soriano, Soriano.  It'd be a weird twist to end up with Manny, but a welcome one.

The lineup would be very meaty in the middle with:

Beltran
Ramirez
Floyd
Wright
Piazza

And almost as fearsome with Soriano there.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2005, 02:48 PM »
Deal looks to be dead now due to time constraints.  Sox apparently went and asked for more from the Mets who promptly backed out.  The D-Rays are pushing hard for the deal cause of all the prospects they'd land.  Mets aren't sure they want to eat all that salary either.