Author Topic: MLB 2005  (Read 56210 times)

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: MLB Regular Season - 2005
« Reply #30 on: April 5, 2005, 08:28 PM »

I'm still thoroughly perplexed as to how/why there's preseason games (Dodgers/Angels) going on the same day as regular season games.  Very bizarre...

I hate that ****. This is at least the 2nd year in a row they've done it. Start the games on the weekend or weekday... I don't care; just end all exhibition play before the start of the games that count.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: April 8, 2005, 02:40 PM »
Well, one series down, and my Dodgers and Angels are both sitting at 2-1.  Not too bad, I guess.  I'll take that in every series this year.  Even better that the Dodgers did it to the hated Giants too.

You guys see Barry 'Roids' Bonds get out on the field on opening day, grab the mic, and babble incessantly to the fans about "I'll be back!!!"  What happened to his comments from last month, where he said the media had "won", and that he probably wouldn't be back this year?  I enjoyed those sentiments from him much more.  Hope he sticks to 'em, instead of this big amazing comeback he's blabbering about now.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 8, 2005, 02:41 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 8, 2005, 07:19 PM »
Man, disappointed in the performance of my starting pitchers thus far as it pertains to fantasy baseball.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2005, 09:39 PM »
Dodgers and Angels both continue to chug along pretty well.  It's obviously early, but the Dodgers have the best record in the NL, and the Angels have the second best record in the AL.  Not bad at all!  Especially since the Dodgers only have 7 returning players from their division champion team last year.

On a related note, I saw Pete Rose once again today at lunch, at the same restaurant across the street from my office that I saw him at last month.  Hanging out all by himself, which was kind of strange (and sad)...  :-\

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2005, 11:35 PM »
I'd tell you to ask for his auto Matt, but he'd probably make you buy his lunch for it.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2005, 09:21 AM »
Prior did look sharp in his debut yesterday.  No not the man himself but his pitching.  He had a few batters buckle their knees a few times.  That is a wonderful site for this Cub fan. 

Unfortunately Wood was not as good.  Actually he was only bad the first inning really. 

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2005, 09:32 AM »
I was working at Value Vision a few years ago and Pete stopped by to sell some memorabilia.  I didn't get a chance to talk to him because I didn't work that day, but my co-workers said he wasn't too much of a jerk.  Of course, they probably were told not to say anything to him unless spoken to.  One guy did get a picture with Pete and didn't have to pay for it. 
Kerry Wood did look like crap yesterday.  I was able to watch that game and he was brutal in the first inning.  It's early in the season, though.  Anything can happen. 
Glad to hear the Twins will not lose Silva to the DL for long.  He's arguably their second best starter behind Santana.  Radke, Lohse and Mays are far too inconsistent.
Terry Tiffee was an excellent call up to replace Morneau while he heals.  All Tiffee does is drive in runs.  The Twins need more hitters like that with hackers like Hunter and Jones taking up space.

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2005, 05:08 AM »
I like the Dodgers in the fact that they're doing pretty well when they were projected to be 4th in the division. I think LA paid too much for JD Drew... he hasn't really hit that well. Hee Sop Choi is ok as long as he knows when the ball is coming his way. Jeff Kent is an amazing second baseman. He's hitting HRs like nothing.  :o
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Prior did look sharp in his debut yesterday.  No not the man himself but his pitching.  He had a few batters buckle their knees a few times.  That is a wonderful site for this Cub fan. 

A wonderful sight for my fantasty team too!

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2005, 03:08 AM »
Dodgers are off to one crazy start! They came back to win today at Mil 8-6. Go Blue  8)
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2005, 01:00 PM »
I can't believe the White Sox are doing that great.  15-4 now?  Wow!  I knew they had improved the club but that's insane.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2005, 09:35 PM »
How long until Cubs Bandwagon migrates to White Sox bandwagon?

ARod is having a nice night at the plate to night,

4 for 4 with 3 Dingers and 10 RBI :o :o :o

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2005, 09:39 AM »
I tell you what Scott it's getting easier and easier for me not to like the Cubs.  Each day they either have a key player injured or some stupid behavior from one of the players turns me off. 

Last night it was Zambrano purposely hitting a batter after he gave up a  homer to the batter before whom he almost plunked as well. 

Then we get Baker and Z after the game claiming it was not intentional.  B.S. 

I never ever thought I would say it but it's getting tedious being a Cubs fan.  I can deal with losing but not the loser antics and B.S. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2005, 02:42 PM »
Sox are D-O-N-E, done.  Wells out at least 4 weeks, Schilling just went on the 15 DL today, Clement is pitching like ****, the bullpen can't hold a lead of 5 runs, Millar hasn't hit a homerun yet, our $40 million shortshop is batting .150 with runners in scoring position and Bellhorn doesn't take the bat off his shoulder and is on track to shatter the record he set last year for K's while seeing less at bats.  I might have missed a few things, but you get the idea.
Common sense isn't so common

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2005, 05:22 PM »
Well, I am now linked (in a 6 degrees of separation kind of way) to the steroid scandal.  My former college teammate and current Mariners minor leaguer Jamal Strong has been suspended for steroids.