Author Topic: MLB 2005  (Read 56505 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: MLB Regular Season - 2005
« Reply #195 on: October 10, 2005, 08:58 PM »
I turned the game on when Colon was leaving the field and then my girlfriend made me change the channel.  What happened?  Did he hurt himself?

(Go Yankees!)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 10, 2005, 10:40 PM »
So, just how much DID you LA guys pay those Umpires tonight??  ::)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #197 on: October 10, 2005, 11:45 PM »
The Angels luck against the Yankees is going to run out in this series...

Now what'cha got to say, bitch  :-*

:-*

Now please continue with the futile umpiring rants, even though calls were blown big-time in both directions.  It's just that all the commentators (both when they were playing in NY and now here), are MASSIVELY baised in favor of the Yankess and will make as much a stink about anything potentially going against the Yankees as possible...  Absolutely disguesting commentating throughout the series.  Some of those guys should be fired.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #198 on: October 10, 2005, 11:47 PM »
Man, I sure am glad the White Sox won the other day.  The Yanks will have a much easier time against them in the ALCS.

Oh...wait a minute.....

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #199 on: October 10, 2005, 11:49 PM »
I really hope Houston or Saint Louis wins the Series because I hate the Angels and the White Sox...go NL!

I can't stand the Yanks though either...so I am glad they lost

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2005, 11:53 PM »

Here's to the highest-paid team in baseball.  May you all enjoy a peaceful and relaxing remainder of October.  And just think, now you'll be extra rested and ready for Spring Training!

Enjoy it, fellas.  We sure are.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 11, 2005, 12:17 AM »
Didn't get too see the game since I was working but ended up listening to it on the way home for the final outs.  I was a little scared when I took a break and listen to the game around 6 and heard the game was only in the second inning.  Once I heard the score through I was a little releive, Yanks up only by 2. 

Now please continue with the futile umpiring rants, even though calls were blown big-time in both directions.  It's just that all the commentators (both when they were playing in NY and now here), are MASSIVELY baised in favor of the Yankess and will make as much a stink about anything potentially going against the Yankees as possible...  Absolutely disguesting commentating throughout the series.  Some of those guys should be fired.

Especially Joe Morgan on ESPN with his whole "He was clearing off the bag but I'm not agree with the call" in the third game of the series.  Both sides in each game had calls called in they favor that were not right but thats the way the game plays out.  I didn't see the questinable call in this game so I'm not going to decide if it was the right call or not until I see it.

Now Angels don't party too much tonight you have a game tommorrow.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 11, 2005, 09:22 AM »
Other than this

this was my favorite moment of last night

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 11, 2005, 10:00 AM »
Other than this

this was my favorite moment of last night

Yup, and the only people that  had a better view of that play than the people in R. field at the stadium were the Red Sox, who were home watching it on TV.

Let me be the first Yankee fan to say that this game last night was a total disgrace.  First of all, before that collision in R. field where apparently nobody felt they needed to call for the fly ball, Bernie Williams, a Yankee of 15 glorious years, missed the hit and run sign and Cano got thrown out at 2nd base.  That cost us a run because Cano would have come in with the Bubba Crosby single.  Then that abomination in R. field cost another 2 runs, and that was the 3 run swing that we needed to win: 1 on the missed hit and run sign, then 2 in R. field.

The Yankees played a sloppy series and deserved to lose.  They gave game 2 away entirely on errors - A Rod and Cano were awful.  A Rod was invisible at the plate.  The defense was atrocius.  Randy Johnson is washed up.

What a disgrace this was.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 10:01 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 11, 2005, 10:12 AM »

Yup, and the only people that  had a better view of that play than the people in R. field at the stadium were the Red Sox, who were home watching it on TV.

Big ******* deal.  Your $200 million team of cheaters, users and all around ******** got themselves 2 more wins.  And now both teams will be home watching on TV.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 11, 2005, 10:16 AM »

Big ******* deal.  Your $200 million team of cheaters, users and all around ******** got themselves 2 more wins.  And now both teams will be home watching on TV.

Wow, you're pretty worked up.

You should read the rest of my post.  While I don't think they were cheaters, users, or whatever that obscentity is that you used, I certainly think the Yankees sucked and played abhorently.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2005, 10:49 AM »
Worked up?  Hardly.  Disappointed?  Yes.

As for the obscenity, turn off the filter and you'll see it just fine.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 11, 2005, 09:30 PM »
The Angels luck against the Yankees is going to run out in this series...

Now what'cha got to say, bitch  :-*

:-*

The FOX announcers are some of the worst announcers there are no matter what the sport.  It won't get any better from here on out with that talentless hack Joe Buck in the booth.  I wish Vin Scully and Bob Uecker would do national stuff.  I could listen to those guys all season.  Jim Kaat was really good when the Twins had him.  He would be another good choice.  Announcers are all flash and no substance now IMO.  Sports Center and Chris Berman are to blame.  They detract from and distract viewers from the game.  Sorry for the rant. 
No Yankees and no Braves=a World Series I will watch.  No offense to fans of those teams intended, I just like seeing a few different teams in the playoffs each year. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2005, 03:13 AM »
I think I'm going to be sick.

What happened in tonight's Angel game is a big reason why my sports fanaticism has decreased drastically over the past decade.  When the players on the field/court/rink don't decide the outcome of a game, there's something seriously wrong.  If the Angels don't win this series, I'm going to be beyond pissed off, since they very well might've had a 2-0 leading heading home.  What a travisty.  And to watch the umpire crew sit there and spin it during their ridiculous press conference afterwards was beyond pathetic.  "Hey, we watched the replays multiple times, and we definitely got it right since the ball changed directions."  Every single one of them, on the field and afterwards, agreed with the call.  Meanwhile, no one else in the entire country did - Angel fan or not.  What a joke.  A truly disgusting joke.  ::)

And if one ******* Yankee fan pipes up with anything along the lines of "that was karma for the similar play against us", then I'll seriously fly off the handle since the two plays were not even remotely alike.

First the "Snowjob" against the Raiders in the Conference Finals against the Pats several years back, and now this...  Makes me seriously sick to my stomach, and embarrassed to be a sports/baseball fan right now.

Where the hell is instant replay in baseball?!?  Get with the time you idiots.  You obviously need it if 6 different umpires on the field all make, or agree with, the absolutely wrong call.  And guess what, I'd be almost this pissed off if the same thing happened to any other team besides mine.  I HATE **** like this, no matter who it happens to...  >:(

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2005, 03:37 AM »
You can't ever complain about an umpiring call being the reason why you lost.  Had the Angels scored a couple more runs it wouldn't have even mattered.  You win some umpiring calls, you lose some umpiring calls.  Plenty of calls broke in the Angels favor in the Yankees series, and I didn't hear any Angels fans complaining about the officiating then.  If the Angels won, it was a non-issue.  It's only now that one didn't go the Angels way that the crying starts.  That's the way karma works for the way umps called stuff in the Yankee series.  The umps got this one right.