Author Topic: Bachelor Parties  (Read 8586 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Bachelor Parties
« on: October 24, 2003, 02:44 PM »
I have my Brother's bachelor party tomorrow, I'm in charge since I am the best man.  We are renting a school bus for some serious bar hopping action here in the Minneapolis Area.  Nobody has to drive which makes for an all around great time

I've been to a couple of doozys in my day though...anyone have any PG-13 experiences they would like to share :-*

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Bachelor Parties
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 02:57 PM »
Funny you should mention this.  I just had my bachelor party last weekend.  The week before was my best friend's bachelor party.  But nothing really outrageous went on.  The friends took me out to this Texas restaurant for supper.  The staff embarrassed me.  I had to sit on this saddle and yell junk like "HEEE-HAAAW!!!"  Then they gave me a stick-horse and I had to ride that like a cowboy and run around the restaurant yelling cowboy lingo.  It was pretty funny.  Odd but hilarious.  

We went to a semi-pro hockey game afterwards.  Of course that was fun.  Afterwards we went bar hopping.  Took a trip into the famous strip bar.  Thankfully I was not beaten on stage their.  I had a few special dances with the ladies.  They were having a fun time embarrassing me there.  

The next day I could tell I had fun.  Nothing too bad went down though.  I had a nice buzz the entire night.  

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 03:04 PM »
Unfortuneately no PG13 Scott.  Like my wife once said to me:  "Your mind is in the gutter, but your heart is in the right place" ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 04:26 PM »
I just got from a bachelor's party in Vegas last weekend, and went to another one in Vegas about 6 weeks before that.  Had mine in Vegas about 2.5 years ago as well!   8)

...anyone have any PG-13 experiences they would like to share :-*

Uh...  No.

(no hookers/prostitutes though...   :P)

Actually, one of the bartender chicks at the Coyote Ugly bar in the New York, New York hotel picked me out of the whole crowd there to come up to the stage and have some free shots.  The catch was that I had to ride one of those silly little sticks with a pony head on the end of it around the bar while all the women slapped my ass...   :-\

Of course I did it though!   ;D   Unfortunately my stupid friends were all laughing so hard that they forgot to take a picture of my 'moment in the spotlight', otherwise I'd probably share it with you...  All the women had to do there for free drinks was dance up on the bar.  Yeah, that's fair...   ::)

That was probably the last point of the night we were still within the PG-13 rating though...   :-*

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 05:27 PM »
Wow!  The pony head on a stick must be a popular thing nowadays.  Or I just never knew about it.  Luckily I had a couple of drinks before I had to do that at the restaurant.  Sadly no girls slapped my rear though :(  It must not be that attractive of an arse.  

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 08:46 PM »
Last party I was at...

The night started with our table at the first bar winding up on fire (We were doing flaming Dr. Pepper's)...

The night ended with me waking up the next day in the tub with my pants on, a fleece blanket I'd never seen before, and no shirt, and with the water running.

I remember the in-betweens but I can safely say they're not PG-13.

And my buddy Dan's last B. Party he went to was NC-17 at best...  I mean, it was everything you'd ever heard and then they tacked a few things to push it even further.  Needless to say we kept the name of that place for Dan's B. Party when it comes around...  He insisited.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2003, 12:35 PM »
I've been to exactly one bachelor party, at a hotel. His dad hired a stripper, but she was uninspired and demanding, so we kicked her ass out after half an hour. Then we headed for the bars and that's when the fun began. It gets blurry from there, but there was a wet t-shirt contest, and those words don't exactly require a lot of explanation.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Bachelor Parties
« Reply #7 on: February 3, 2005, 01:05 PM »
So, how many of you are married?  I've been married for 2-1/2 years now, and am happy.  My bachelor party kinda sucked however, as we had a bus that broke down.   :'(  Still got plenty drunk though... what a crazy night.   :)

Last summer, one of my best friends got married - we went down to Memphis for his bachelor party on the legendary Beale Street - so much damn fun!

That's me in the red hat - the drunk short guy.

:P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 3, 2005, 01:12 PM »
Mine was pretty subdued.  BTW, my 12th anniversary is on Super Bowl Sunday.  Should be back from dinner in time for the game :P

We just went to a small bar that had a pretty good one man guitar show.  The guy was talented, we knew the bartenders and we got pretty drunk.  A rep from Molson came in, saw our table covered with Black Label and was impressed - Winnipeg is neither a Molson nor a Black Label buying city.  To the point where this guy informed us that he had bad news.  The were discontinuing Black Label in Manitoba.  He proceeded to buy us the rest of the Black Label the bar had, so needless to say we were pretty happy. 

Next day we went out to get a suit for one of the guys in the wedding party - yes, the day of the wedding (no, no tuxes).  While we were there we were talking to the sales dude and told him that we were off to a wedding.  Clearly the effects of the night before were fairly evident because the guy said Man, I hope the groom doesn't look as ****** as you guys do.  At that point I raised my hand and said that would be me.  He was fairly embarassed by that for some reason and gave us discount cards for 25% off our next purchase.  We still laugh at that because the guy was right, we looked like **** and I was pretty much pale up to and through the entire wedding service. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #9 on: February 3, 2005, 02:36 PM »
First of all, I'm going to hit the manual returns in to fix the formatting
problem that giant picture created. :-)

I have a small issue with bachelor parties.

Traditionally, it was your last night of freedom, but these days...most
guys (like me) have been in a long term, committed relationship
long before they get married.  You're not "free" when you have the
party, so you are not going to (or shouldn't be) doing anything that
you wouldn't do any other night of the week.

So other than an excuse to hang out with the guys, I dont see the big deal.

On the flip side, I may be in Vegas for mine, so if I do have one, I guess it could
be pretty good.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 3, 2005, 02:38 PM by JoshEEE »
Got Clones?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: February 3, 2005, 02:52 PM »
That's me in the red hat - the drunk short guy.

Hey, one of the last few faceless members here bites the dust!  Nice to finally "meet" you Justin!   ;)

As for Josh's comments, yeah, I pretty much agree.  I don't think anyone's fiancee is going to look at your
bachelor party as one last chance to be free, and have a meaningless fling with some plastic titted stripper.
I certainly wouldn't want my future wife fooling around with some dude right before we got married,
that's for sure.  In fact, if she did that, there probably wouldn't be a wedding.  I assume most ladies would
probably have the same mindset.  I guess it just comes down to the ol' "look, but don't touch" theory.

I went to Vegas for my bachelor's party, and had an absolute blast.  We hit the strip clubs a couple times,
but the best part was just getting to hang out with my closest buddies for several days, drinking, gambling,
reminiscing, etc.  That's where it's really at.  You can go to a nudie bar anytime, any place, pretty much.  But
getting all your buddies together at once, especially when everyone's moved on from college to different places,
is priceless.  Male bonding.  Getting stupid all together once more.  Fun times.   8)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 3, 2005, 03:18 PM »
Wow - sorry that pic came out so big!  I have no idea why it did that...

BTW, the old fat guy is the owner of Silky O Sullivan's one of the coolest bars I've ever seen.  He just sits out on the street and gets drunk...

I agree, bachelor parties are all about hanging out with your best friends, not trying to get some.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #12 on: February 3, 2005, 04:51 PM »
Damn! That's a wookiee-sized drink you've got there, CHEWIE!!!  ;D

Bachelor parties are fun for the sake of hanging out and being absolutely crazy with your buddies. With my friends, the bacelor basically gets ripped on the whole night. One of my buddies had a rock chained to his ankle for the night. Another was whipped by strippers (while we laughed and pointed), and yet another was thrown into a "wrestling ring" with a couple strippers (while we laughed and pointed) and spanked by a midget (which was just plain wierd, but we still laughed...and pointed).

Sure, strip clubs are fun the first couple times you go. But what makes a bachelor party a great time is the insane times you get to have with your friends that you really don't get to do every other day of the week. Its better to have something fun to remember than just "we sat around and watched strippers".
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 3, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Heh heh, I got whipped on my bachelor party... damn stripper ripped off my boxers (thought it was gonna cut my nuts off), took off my belt and hit my back with it.  Actually had a spot that bled a little bit.  I was too drunk though to care.  Don't tell the wife!   :D

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #14 on: February 3, 2005, 05:25 PM »
My buddy let loose the Tom & Jerry scream when he got his stripper whippin!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram