Author Topic: NFL 2003/04  (Read 60425 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NFL 2003
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2003, 05:16 PM »
Yeah I'll be rooting for the Bears next week as well, if  the Vikes beat the Lions and the Bears beat da Slack, they'll be 3-0 and eveyone else will be 1-2!!!  

Stewart looked awful in the first half, better in the second.  The Vikes went away from the run for some unknown reason because they pretty much dominated the line on both sides of the ball all game.

I also will say again while Urlacher is fast...there is still a lot of hype behind his play, I've never seen him take over games like great LB's like Lewis and LT have in the past.  He is for sure in the top 5 in the league but not the be all end all LB that TV makes him out to be

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2003, 07:17 PM »
The Bears could be a good team if they got Shoop out of the club.  I absolutely hate that guy!   >:(  How many years is it going to take to get rid of him?
dustrho

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2003, 07:18 AM »

I also will say again while Urlacher is fast...there is still a lot of hype behind his play, I've never seen him take over games like great LB's like Lewis and LT have in the past.  He is for sure in the top 5 in the league but not the be all end all LB that TV makes him out to be

He also had support the last few years with Rosevelt Colvin and Ted Washington.  Big Ted would take up two blockers and Colvin would get doubled teamed alot, freeing up Urlacher to roam and make the big plays.  Now that they're gone, he's having to shrug off alot of OL and then make the play.  
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2003, 12:10 PM »
Mmmmm, I don't know about that.  I have seen Urlacher play live a few times.  I doubt there is much better in the NFL if at all.  That's debateable.  This dude is insanely good in my opinion.  As long as he's on this team he'll never receive that much respect though.  Let's throw him on the Tampa Bay Bucs defense and see how good he can be.  I am not really arguing this I just think it's because he's on a poor team.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2003, 12:58 PM »
And maybe that is based on the 7 games I have seen the Bears and Vikes play since he came there, I have never been impressed and like Jeremy Shockey I think he is way, way overhyped...if I was an NFL GM, I'd want

Derrick Brooks
Ray Lewis
LaVar Arrington
Keith Brooking

Over Urlacher for sure, he just gets the hype because he is the Bears only real player and carries on the Singletary MLB tradition the Bears have had.  He is nothing special that isn't already all over the NFL...Even guys like Beikert, Trotter, Wayne, Farrior, Seau etc etc have just as good of stats (if not better) than Urlacher does

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2003, 03:17 PM »
Go Broncos! 2-0 baby and huge game against the Raiders next week!  Are you ready for some Football?
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2003, 03:48 PM »
Damn, do the Bears suck.  If Jauron and that dumb S-O-B Schoop don't get fired soon, I might just give up on the Bears for the entire season.  They're the biggest joke of the NFL.  Now we get to see Chandler at the helm... that's just stupid.

Bears: Stewart's job in jeopardy

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Friday, September 19, 2003

The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting Bears' quarterback Kordell Stewart is in jeopardy of losing his starting job. The paper cited an unidentified source as saying that Stewart will start in the opener of the new stadium on September 29 against the Packers (they are on bye this week), but could lose his job if they don't win or he doesn't show significant improvement. And if he loses the starting job, it would be Chris Chandler, not quarterback of the future Rex Grossman that takes over. The Bears' coaching staff needs to win to hold their jobs, and would have a better chance of doing so with a veteran quarterback than with a rookie who doesn't even take snaps in practice.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for the Bad News Bears. Can you imagine Crystal Chandelier playing behind that line? We'd be watching Grossman by halftime.
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2003, 03:56 PM »
What a bunch of bafoons...who is the Bears GM?  That is the guy who needs to be fired.  Signing Stewart was the worst move of the NFL Offseason so far

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2003, 04:40 PM »
Jerry Angelo and Ted Phillips run the organization now.  They're both a bunch of idiots.
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2003, 07:15 PM »
Purple Reign Baby!  3-0 and the Packers Lose...oh baby :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2003, 11:24 PM »
Purple Reign Baby!  3-0 and the Packers Lose...oh baby

Congratulations to the Vikings.  I will be happy to give them their props, because they have totally earned it.  They're looking like a major force in the NFC North.  About time someone is doing better than the damn Packers.
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2003, 11:26 PM »
Well, today's NFC East game was nearly a heart stopper!  The Giants put up 21 points in the first half, only to have Washington rally to tie the game.  Thank the maker they pulled this one out in OT!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2003, 10:56 AM »
Pats got a win, but man is the injury bug killing them, especially on D.  First Ted Johnson (out 6-8 weeks) and then Roosevelt Colvin, out for the year.  After yesterday, you can add Ted Washington, Mike Vrabel and Ty Law to the list of defensive starters who are hurt and David Patten with the offense is banged up as well.  Add that to the fact that Tom Brady isn't 100% and they have enough to fill a whole ward at the local hospital.  Its true what they say, when it rains, it pours  :(
Common sense isn't so common

Jango Fettish

« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2003, 10:12 AM »
Purple Reign Baby!  3-0 and the Packers Lose...oh baby

Congratulations to the Vikings.  I will be happy to give them their props, because they have totally earned it.  They're looking like a major force in the NFC North.  About time someone is doing better than the damn Packers.

It's easy to dominate when you're playing in a weak division. The Bears? The Lions? On top of that, the Vikings have a very easy schedule. Cardinals, Chargers, Packers, Lions, Bears, Raiders, Falcons. Does it get any easier?  :-*

Offline DarthWormie

• Youngling
  • Mom always said, don't play ball in the house.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2003, 11:27 AM »
Pats got a win, but man is the injury bug killing them, especially on D.  First Ted Johnson (out 6-8 weeks) and then Roosevelt Colvin, out for the year.  After yesterday, you can add Ted Washington, Mike Vrabel and Ty Law to the list of defensive starters who are hurt and David Patten with the offense is banged up as well.  Add that to the fact that Tom Brady isn't 100% and they have enough to fill a whole ward at the local hospital.  Its true what they say, when it rains, it pours  :(

Don't forget Mike Compton. He's gone for the rest of the year with a broken foot as well. It will be interesting to see how the Defense plays this Sunday against Washington.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."