Author Topic: NFL 2003/04  (Read 60977 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: NFL 2003
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2003, 09:24 PM »
The Bears won and I couldn't believe it.   :o

I (and every other Chicagoan) was thinking the Broncos were going to destroy the Bears, but that obviously didn't happen.  The Bears played fairly well, and they've given some good teams a very hard time (almost beat the Rams and beat the Broncos).  Are they going to be in the playoffs?  HELL NO!
dustrho

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2003, 09:44 PM »
My Raiders blew another one on Sunday, losing to the Chiefs on a game ending field goal.  Pathetic.  First to worst.

yeah, well at least they didn't blow a 14 point lead with under 7 minutes left and lose in overtime, like a certain other team that i know of did.  ::) but then, i read this on nfl.com:

(Nov. 24, 2003) -- An officiating blunder gave Baltimore critical extra time in its fourth-quarter comeback victory over Seattle, the NFL said.

NFL supervisor of officials Mike Pereira said both the 40-second clock and the game clock should have been restarted after an officials' conference over a penalty call with 58 seconds left in regulation. The Seahawks had the ball and led 41-38.

Because the clock wasn't started, the Ravens had 39 seconds left instead of four or five when they got the ball back on downs at the Baltimore 33.

so how much does that suck? and talk about first to worst, my 'hawks were riding high above the nfc west at 5-1 just a few weeks ago, and all of a sudden the rams pick up their game, and we lose some of ours with a 2-3 record over the last 5 weeks, and suddenly we're sitting in 2nd place at 7-4. my hopes for this season are slowly quickly fading away....  :'(

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #197 on: November 25, 2003, 11:48 AM »
Hey, if the COWBOYS wash out, gloat all you want. This whole season (admittedly) has been an unexpected gift for us COWBOYS fans. But the Eagles haven't beaten anybody, either. I think the Panthers will beat the Eagles. I think the Dolphins will, too. I think we'll beat the Dolphins and the Eagles game will be tough. Still, if we handle our bidness, we win the division. That's how it should be. No one wants to "back into the playoffs."

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 25, 2003, 03:34 PM »
man my Broncos lost to the Bears...the Bears S-U-C-K and they lost to them :-\  I hope they can turn it around and at least make the playoffs.  I am not holding my breath though because the other teams in the AFC are better than the Broncos
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #199 on: November 25, 2003, 04:13 PM »
I just looked at the Eagles schedule...it didn't look too hot either but they started off horrible and have been 8-1 since then.  Beating the Pack on the Road is more impressive to me than beating the Panthers at Home.  It will all play out in the next few weeks and we shall see who is eating what later

I think the playoff teams will be

Cowboys
Eagles
Rams
Panthers
Packers
Bucs

I think Tampa is going to win out and I have no faith in the Vikings after their 4 game slide.  I'll be shocked if they finish 10-6...8-8 is very possible which is disgusting :-[

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2003, 04:14 PM »
Damn that's right, no more of my #1 Cutie, I'll tune in to see Beth break her leg and to check out the new boombalotti on the sidelines (curse you ABC for not picking Brenda Warner!)

I Love You Mikey :-* I Love You Mikey :-* I Love You Mikey :-* I Love You Mikey :-* I Love You Mikey :-* I Love You Mikey :-* I Love You Mikey :-* I Love You Mikey :-* I Love You Mikey :-* I Love You Mikey :-* I Love You Mikey :-*

I'm quoting this just for Mikey too
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 04:15 PM by OCB »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2003, 04:51 PM »
I wonder if Brenda throws better than Kurt these days?  Man I guess all the Hot wives are married to Hockey Players...

Spiderlegs does have a point, we are not 5-11 or 1-15 so this season is a success for the 'Boys.  I am just scared where we would be with a REAL Quarterback.  Probably 9 or 10 wins...

It looks like whoever ends the season in the NFC with 10 wins will be in the playoffs.  How sad is that.  No dominant teams in the NFC, where have you gone Late 80's early 90's???? I blame Parity, the Salary Cap and Chan Gailey....

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2003, 05:17 PM »
Parity has given "On any given Sunday" new meaning...

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 26, 2003, 07:33 AM »
[/move]

I'm quoting this just for Mikey too

Thanks.  I really needed that ::)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #204 on: November 26, 2003, 10:07 AM »
Happy Thankgiving Mikey :-*  Think of Brenda when you are wathcing football, eating turkey etc

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2003, 10:12 AM »
I'm going to give thanks that the Rams aren't playing on Thanksgiving, so's I don't have to look at her and choke on a turkey leg.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 26, 2003, 06:22 PM »
Don't count out the Panthers, most recent Superbowl champs didn't have great offenses either; it's the defense and special teams. Panthers will have a week 1 bye in playoffs then face either dallas or eagles for NFC title.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 26, 2003, 08:52 PM »
I think the playoff teams will be

Cowboys
Eagles
Rams
Panthers
Packers
Bucs

overlooking seattle might cost you... they are slipping a little bit, but don't count them out just yet. at least give them another few weeks to blow a few more games before we count them out totally. the last 5 games are cleveland, minnesota, st. louis, arizona, and san fran. i can realistically say they should go 2-3 in that stretch, maybe 3-2 if they get a few breaks and the refs don't forget how to work the time clock. so that should put them at 9-7 at worst, or 10-6 at best, which should be enough to get them into the playoffs, at least a wild card.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #208 on: November 26, 2003, 09:22 PM »
I think the Packers a lock...they have an easy schedule and I can see them going 4-1 over the last 6 to finish 10-6 (they have the easiest schedule in the league remaining and are playing some good ball)

I don't see the Seahawks beating the Rams in the West (it could happen I guess) and at best they will be like you said 10-6 but I think 9-7 is probably more realistic

The Eagles, Cowboys and Panthers need 2 more wins and all will be at least 10 wins

So that leaves...

Seahawks
Vikings
Bucs
49ers
Saints

All battling for the wildcard at 9-7

If one team gets 10 they are in and the fact that the Vikes and Seahawks play each other and they are both the front runners...one or the other has the best chance right now

However...I can see the Bucs winning the rest of their games and beating out the Seahawks and the Vikes for the last spot.  Which is what I predicted...I hope I am wrong and the Vikings win the North and it is between GB and Seattle for the last spot but both teams recent downslides has me a little pessimistic

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 26, 2003, 09:45 PM »
ok, you make some good points... guess we'll just have to wait and see. but i'm still putting my money (yeah, like i got any) on seattle to make the playoffs, not as the division leader (which they looked like a shoo-in for around week 6) but as a wildcard. if they win the division i will be shocked. shocked. but they have a game against st. louis coming up, so we'll see who wins that game. to me, the winner of that game in week 15 will win the division. **crosses fingers**