Author Topic: NFL 2003/04  (Read 60873 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2003
« Reply #210 on: November 26, 2003, 09:56 PM »
Where do the Vikes and Seahawks play?  As a long suffering Vikings fan, I share your pain Scott, but the telltale sign is probably who has home field. The Seahawks are stinking it up on the road this year.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 26, 2003, 10:05 PM »
true, true... i wish we could play all of our games at home this year. but alas, we play in minnesota, so you can pretty much count that as a loss....  >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 26, 2003, 10:16 PM »
The Seahawks are convenient and dependable in pick 'em pools, and for that I thank them.  

The Vikings are, well, the Vikings and you just never know what's going to happen with them.  There is some evil mojo going on in Minnesota football that goes back a very long way.  Purple people eaters and all that.  I think the only team that's proven more heartbreaking is the Bills.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 27, 2003, 08:42 PM »

;D  Oh what a Happy Thanksgiving day it was today.   Good food, great desserts and a Lion victory!!!!  
Beth

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #214 on: November 27, 2003, 08:57 PM »
It was nice seeing the Packers lose (sorry Wayne).   ;D
dustrho

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 27, 2003, 10:17 PM »
They only thing that makes the Cowboy loss tolerable is the fact that Brett Fahrve lost today too.

Oh well.  you can't win em all.  I am proud that in a losing effort we were able to put points on the board..since we've laid the goose egg twice this year.  We are a Quarterback and a Runningback away from winning 10 games in a season.

Just think how much better Miami's record would be if Fiedler would have been playing this last few weeks(the whole game).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #216 on: November 27, 2003, 10:23 PM »
Carter is going to be OK...the lack of a RB isd Dallas kills him.  Hambrick isn't the answer and if they manage to trade or sign Dillon this offseason they have a great shot at the Super Bowl again

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 30, 2003, 06:57 PM »
ok, seattle's up 34 - 0 with 5:04 left in the fourth... let's see if they can blow this lead...  ::)  *crosses fingers*

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 30, 2003, 07:35 PM »
and it started out just like last week... blocked punt returned for a touchdown again with time running out in the 4th quarter... what's up with special teams for my 'hawks!?!?!  ??? but at least we held on to win this week...  ;D

but with st. louis winning again, we're still in second place  >:(

i was actually rooting for the vikes for once, and they let me down... hard.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #219 on: November 30, 2003, 08:01 PM »
It sure was nice seeing the Vikings get CRUSHED by the Rams.  At least the Bears gave the Rams some competition.
dustrho

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 1, 2003, 07:18 AM »
The Pats jumped out to a 21 point lead early in the third and the preceded to give up three TDs to the Colts in a span of less than six minutes.  Hell of a football game, with the Pats winning 38-34 after stopping the Colts four times at the goal line.  They are now the #2 seed in the AFC.  I was hoping the Chargers would beat the Chiefs, so the Pats would jump to #1 (via better conference record), but alas, you can't win them all.

And the Eagles beat Carolina to gain sole leadership of the NFC East, after the Cowboys looked like the Cowboys of late and got manhandled by the Fins on Gobble Gobble day.  Just one step closer to my guarantee coming true.

Four weeks to go, with some great pigskin left.  Next week is a big week.  Fins at Pats, Indy at Tennessee, Bengals at Ravens, Cowboys at Eagles, Seattle at Minnesota and KC at Denver.  All have playoff implications.  Damn I wish I had Direct TV :(
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #221 on: December 1, 2003, 02:11 PM »
It sure was nice seeing the Vikings get CRUSHED by the Rams.  At least the Bears gave the Rams some competition.

At least the Vikings are still ahead of the Bears in the standings

I threw in the towel weeks ago, I almost hope they lose out so they can draft higher again instead of getting crushed in the first round of the playoffs, the defense is absolutely pathetic :-[

That Pats-Colts game yesterday was another of a string of great NFL games this year I think I watched more of that than I did the Vikes-Rams

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 2, 2003, 11:48 AM »
I lucked into going to the Bears/Cardinals game Sunday.  The Bears finally scored a TD on their 1st possesion.  Yippee.  I can't believe the Bears are still in the playoff hunt with 5 wins.  LOL!  What a joke our division is this season.  Hell if they would have slipped by Detroit a few weeks back they would only be 1 game behind the Vikings.  Oh well.  

By the way the Soldier Field redone stadium was really nice once you get inside it.  I was stunned.  It's a totally new experience there.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #223 on: December 2, 2003, 12:03 PM »
Well...either the Bears or the Pack will be all eliminated this weekend in whoever loses.  I am hoping its the Pack because the Bears chances are pretty long as well.  

I am going to the Vikes-Seahawks game this weekend...should be good but I expect Alexander to run all over us like he did last year.  Last years game was the worst Vikings game I have ever watched,  was actually laughing it was so bad.  Alexander scored 5 Touchdowns in the first half (3 in like 2 minutes)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #224 on: December 2, 2003, 11:19 PM »
HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!

Video

:-X
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."