Author Topic: NFL 2003/04  (Read 60793 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NFL 2003
« Reply #240 on: December 11, 2003, 11:02 AM »
I'm going to say Rams - Patriots, I could see Eagles - Patriots too depending on who gets homefield advantage.  The Pats D is just too good right now (I have them on my real FF team and they rule!)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 11, 2003, 11:19 AM »
Obviously in the AFC, I think the Pats.  They just know how to win.

I agree with Scott on the NFC - whoever wins home field throughout will win the NFC.  The Eagles, I think, can win in St. Louis, but it'll be tough.  The reverse though, I don't see.

Indy could also possibly make some noise in the playoffs.  We'll see if Peyton can finally win a playoff game.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 12, 2003, 11:10 AM »
Yeah, I kind of think the Eagles might make it this year.  The Rams just don't seem to play as well  once they are out of a dome stadium.   The Pats are certainly in it as well.  I also think the Colts could be dangerous.   I could see any of the playoff teams knocking each other off this season.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #243 on: December 12, 2003, 11:17 AM »
Bears are starting Grossman this week, should be another Vikings victory, although he may be an upgrade over Stewart :P  Talk about a bonehead front office...how many bungled draft picks and awful free agent signings will Bears management allow...they have been AWFUL for a few years now.  Which is why the Packers and Vikes have been on top since the late 80's, their front office and draft picks have been right on the money for the most part

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 14, 2003, 07:43 PM »
Woulda, coulda, shoulda :) I am sorry OCB but I truly ditest Randy Moss and I just loved seeing him get the TD ball ripped away by a Bear rookie.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #245 on: December 14, 2003, 07:48 PM »
Woulda, coulda, shoulda :) I am sorry OCB but I truly ditest Randy Moss and I just loved seeing him get the TD ball ripped away by a Bear rookie.

I couldn't agree with you more on that statement.   ;D
dustrho

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #246 on: December 14, 2003, 09:45 PM »
Mindboggling. Lose to the Chargers and Bears, kill the Seahawks?

Late season faltering is nothing new to the Vikes, though.

Good to see Tampa Bay break .500. Panthers barely squeaked by, clinched their division, and the Raiders beat the Ravens?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #247 on: December 14, 2003, 09:56 PM »
You forgot them losing to the Raiders

Winning on the road in the NFL is about the hardest thing to do in Pro Sports, the odd thing of the year is the Vikes beat the Packers at Lambeau and they beat the Vikes here

I have no faith in them, as I stated a few weeks ago, if they make the playoffs so what, they get destroyed in the 1st round anyway...

I better not see you cheering for the Bucs if they make the playoffs Cory, you jumped shipped 6 weeks ago and the bandwagon cruise is halfway to Hawaii :P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2003, 11:23 AM »
Also...watching the replay a couple of times last night.  That was a HORRIBLE throw by Culpepper, Moss probably should have caught it but if it was to the outside he would have for sure caught it and the CB wouldn't have had a chance.  The Vikes have to win out to clinch the division, fat chance on that playing the Chiefs and the Cardinals on the road.  8-8 here we come :'(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #249 on: December 16, 2003, 01:07 AM »
What did you guys think of this little stunt

I loved it because it clinched the deal for my Real Fantasy Football league team, much like last year when I had T.O. on my team and he pulled the Sharpie trick.  

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #250 on: December 16, 2003, 10:53 AM »
"I have great respect for Joe Horn, but that's not original," New York defensive end Michael Strahan said. "Terrell Owens already beat everybody to that stuff. That's bush league."

Please. That was cool as hell, and I would have done the same thing if I scored 4 touchdowns in 1 game.

The referees aren't doing their job, guys have cool celebrations. Let them have fun, and we'll call it even.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 16, 2003, 04:56 PM »
The referees aren't doing their job...

yeah, the refs are all too busy making sure the seahawks lose most of their games down the stretch... two games now that the hawks lost because of the refs. yeah, you can argue that engram might not have made the catch, but he obviously would have had a better chance if he didn't get knocked down by the ref. and the game against the ravens was just a ridiculous offense, letting them get 4 timeouts in the second half??
« Last Edit: December 16, 2003, 04:58 PM by jokabofe »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #252 on: December 17, 2003, 09:37 PM »
ESPN just had a thing about the greatest trades of all time

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/biggesttrades/031216.html

#5 hit me like a kick in the teeth

5. Herschel Walker: Cowboys to Vikings
Oct. 12, 1989: The Cowboys send Walker to the Vikings for LB Jesse Solomon, DB Issiac Holt, RB Darrin Nelson, LB David Howard and DE Alex Stewart as well as six assorted draft picks (conditional 1st- and 2nd-rounders in '90 and '91; 1st rounder and conditional 3rd in '92).

The trade was complicated and ended up being known more for how it built the Cowboys' dynasty of the '90s, but it was huge at the time. Walker was 27 and supposed to lead the Vikings to the Super Bowl. While he never matched his 1988 season, when he was second in the league in rushing, the Cowboys' final bundle from the deal (via various other trades) included Emmitt Smith, Russell Maryland, Kevin Smith and Darren Woodson.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was in 9th Grade when the Vikes did this deal, during the middle of the season.  You would not believe how much hype and hoopla that deal created in town.  Herschel was going to lead us to the Super Bowl, they had almost gone two years before and seemed on the cusp of something great.  It never worked out...while they never really crapped out, they never made that next level again until 1998.  Dallas on the other hand goes on and wins 3 Super Bowls in 4 years and dominates the early 90's.  Imagine the Vikings a perennial playoff team who the next year could have taken rookiee Emmitt Smith... :'(  I'm going to go get a drink :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 20, 2003, 08:35 PM »
 :o

Vikes win.

Conceivable, should the right things happen tomorrow, that they clinch the division and home field for the wild card round.  

Undeserved?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #254 on: December 21, 2003, 01:53 AM »
That was a really, really impressive effort.

The Vikes are mysterious, losses to the Bears, Raiders, and Chargers, but they mopped the floor with the Chiefs. I'd love to see them just..go..this season, and not choke.

As for T. Bay, let the speculation begin. I can already see Sapp memorabilia on bucgear.com going on clearance within a few weeks, and wouldn't be surprised to see another big name right behind him.