Author Topic: NFL 2003/04  (Read 60435 times)

Fettish Sez Thanks

Re: NFL 2003
« Reply #255 on: December 21, 2003, 11:58 PM »
Really good games today, but there is a little bit of sad news to report.  :'(

This afternoon, around 5:25, Brett Favre's father, Irvin Favre (58) died as a result of either a heart attack or stroke, while driving in Missisippi.

Pertaining to football, Brett has now had all afternoon and all night with this on his mind, and the Pack plays tomorrow night, in a really big game vs the Raiders.

Anyway, just figured we'd lay off the Beth bashing for atleast one week, and see if he will persevere.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #256 on: December 22, 2003, 10:34 PM »
. . .see if he will persevere.

Uh, "persevere"?  I'll say.

Anyone else watching this game tonight?

Favre - 15/18 completions/attempts, 311 yards, 4 TDs, and that's just in the first half.

Wow.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 10:40 PM by Virex »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #257 on: December 22, 2003, 10:49 PM »
Yeah what a game, I knew this would happen.  As much as I like to make fun of the dude, he is a HELL of a player.  If he didn't play for the team I hate the most in the world I would actually be a fan of his.  Tonight I will be...tomorrow...Go Broncos!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2003, 07:13 PM »
Wait until you see the end of the Vikes-Cards game...I've never come that close to throwing my TV out the window... :-X

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2003, 07:21 PM »
I don't know how to say this without hurting Viking fans feelings, but how the **** do you lose to the CARDINALS, in a game where you're pitted against the new laughing stock of the NFL, and your season, and a title, are riding on it.

Factually, choking like this is nothing new to them, and after losing to so many mediocre teams this year, it shouldn't be a surpise, but I thought they'd carry a little momentum into this week.

Well, welcome to the offseason, a little early I guess.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2003, 09:51 PM »
Wait until you see the end of the Vikes-Cards game...I've never come that close to throwing my TV out the window... :-X

:'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2003, 09:59 PM »
I had to talk several friends out of the garage where the car was running after todays Vikings game.  It was another shot to the heart, one of oh so many over the past 29 years of my life :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Way to lose to the Chargers, Raiders and Cardinals who had a combined win total of 11...

Cue Jim Mora from a year ago as well...PLAYOFFS????  PLAYOFFS???????

NFC

#6 Dallas Cowboys at #3 Carolina Panthers
#5 Seattle Seahawks at #4 Green Bay Packers
#2 Saint Louis Rams
#1 Philadelphia Eagles

AFC

#6 Denver Broncos vs #3 Indianapolis Colts
#5 Tennessee Titans vs #4 Baltimore Ravens
#2 Kansas City Chiefs
#1 New England Patriots

I'll be rooting for the Seahawks in Round 1 :D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 10:00 PM by OCB »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 29, 2003, 07:35 AM »
Cowboys winning the division?  Maybe next year when you get a better offense.  Look for a one and out, as I don't think Carolina will be losing to them twice in one season.

Pats steamrolled the hapless Bills and now have the #1 seed in the AFC and a 12 game winning streak  :o  Those don't mean **** if they choke in the playoffs.

After the Eagles manhandled the Skins, I was content with the #2 seed.  But the Rams gave them a late Christmas present and lost to the Lions to give the Eagles the #1 seed.  I hope a Nor'easter comes roaring through Philly during the NFC Championship game.

I'm still hoping for a Pats-Eagles Super Bowl.

Go Patriots!!

Go Eagles!!
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 29, 2003, 09:47 AM »
Bring on the Seahawks ;)

Packers NFC North Champs once again

What a weekend. Sorry Scott, but as a Pack fan watching the 49ers loose, then Dallas loose, and the Vikes leading late I thought we were done. I know the Pack got a gift but I'll take it

Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #264 on: December 29, 2003, 12:10 PM »
I forgot the Vikes also lost to the Giants, the four teams picking #1-4, they beat the Vikings this year.  That is horsecrap

The Vikings led the North from the end of Week 1 until 4 seconds left in week 17...more horsecrap.

Not sure who I'll root for in the playoffs, for sure whoever plays the Packers (Go Seahawks this week!)...the Pats and Chiefs were both huge for me in my other non-JD FF league so I'll be pulling for both of them.  I'd like to see the Colts win it all too, always liked them

NFC wise I have had a thing for the Rams forever but I also will be pulling for the Eagles and McNabb...hard to say...I just hope the Pack loses and loses BIG :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 29, 2003, 02:54 PM »
Interesting stat there Scott.  Clearly the Vikes play to the level of their competition and cannot bring themselves above it.  Not a good sign for team leaders.  Good teams should walk all over the easy teams and rise up to beat the good ones.  

Still crying over that game :(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #266 on: December 29, 2003, 03:20 PM »
Patty sends along her kindest regards and best wishes to a couple of the fellas in this thread...   ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #267 on: December 29, 2003, 03:21 PM »
You can tell her to blow it out her ear :P  Go Seahwaks!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 29, 2003, 03:27 PM »
Patty sends along her kindest regards and best wishes to a couple of the fellas in this thread...   ;)

I presume she opened her Christmas gifts.  What with the trilogo stuff and all, I can't imagine she had any other choice :-*

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 29, 2003, 03:31 PM »
Well I appreciate Patty's  best wishes ;)
GO PACK. ;D

Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge