Author Topic: NFL 2003/04  (Read 60966 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2003
« Reply #285 on: January 8, 2004, 09:19 AM »
 Well I am looking forward to the weekends games as well, but I see the picks slightly differnt that some.
 First.  Rams over Carolina
 Pack over the Eagles and not just becasue I am a Pack fan and live in GB.
 Indy wins
 Pats win

And Scott if the Pack gets blown out ( 14 or more) I will send you a special belated Bday present.

And the dreads are not anything more than Moss's stupid afro sticking out of his helmet the last few weeks;)   But I agree if they are there and you have to grab them to tackle go for it.  
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 8, 2004, 12:45 PM »
I've got a white McFarlane NFL7 Favre that says the pack are going to win.  Bring daddy some paypal.  

I've also got a white NFL4 McFarlane Peyton Manning that I someday hope to get full retail value for, ergo the Colts will win. ::)

Patriots because they should.  

I'll take Carolina for a dark horse.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 8, 2004, 09:13 PM »
Yeah baby!! Panthers all the WAY!!!!!!! ;D
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #288 on: January 10, 2004, 08:17 PM »
Wow what a game in the Rams Panthers...I know for sure that Mike Martz IS an idiot

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #289 on: January 10, 2004, 08:26 PM »
Carolina Wins!  Great game another of many great games this year

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #290 on: January 10, 2004, 08:34 PM »
One of the best games I have ever seen. My heart is still racing. They rescheduled the Pep Rally yesterday for next Saturday, and said it was on if we won or lost.

Guess it will be all the more sweeter.  ;D

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 10, 2004, 08:38 PM »
That was truly a great game.

I usualy only watch the games right before the bowl, because I get rowdy and yell and such (and my grandparents dont appreciate the noise).

Immagine how the kickers felt after they botched those two kicks!:o :-X

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #292 on: January 10, 2004, 09:06 PM »
Not that well played of a game so I'm not calling it the best game I have ever seen but it was full of drama...the Colts-Bucs game earlier this year was a better game this year.  The year the Bills Beeeotched the Oilers by coming back down 35 was a better Playoff game or when Saint Louis won the Super Bowl...it was a great game no doubt

Mike Martz...you have 30 seconds left in regulation and a time out and 1st down.  You choose to run out the clock (allowing no time to try a rekick on a botched snap mind you)...you are an Complete Idiot, your team continues to lose big games because of that fact

I also question as I have all year why Bulger remained the QB.  I can bet Warner would have been just as good if not better...he's won a Ring, he's a 2 time MVP.  Martz treated him like crap, again I'm glad you got beat.

Go PHILLY

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #293 on: January 10, 2004, 09:37 PM »
I am pissed (and rather hammered).  Mike Martz should be coaching 12 year-old girl's softball.  What a total girl.  That was the sorriest, most embarrassing bull$hit I've ever seen from a professional coach in any league.  I'm a Rams fan, but after that play (or lack thereof), I was pretty much rooting against them.  They didn't deserve to win after that sissy ass beeatch play calling.  1st and 10 at around the 15 with 30 seconds remaining, and that Sally runs out the clock to kick a game tying field goal?!?   >:(   >:(   >:(

I hope that dumb ho Frontiere fires his stupid ass tomorrow, if not tonight.  He has no place in the NFL.

Absolutely amazing game to watch though, I'll admit.  The fourth quarter and OT were absolute football drama at it's finest.  Well, at least we won't have a conflict of interest in our household next weekend with the Rams and Packers facing off now...

Go Packers!!!  They should have a much better shot tomorrow, since they're actually coached by a man.   ::)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 09:38 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #294 on: January 11, 2004, 12:26 AM »
Another genius move...the last three playoff games I've seen the Rams tank in, Faulk is basically nowhere to be found.  Martz needs to go, agreed, he's a complete moron

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #295 on: January 11, 2004, 01:12 AM »
Well, in all the post game shows he's been saying that he basically didn't have confidence in his quarterback, which is why he didn't just "go for it".

Just another reason why I said PLAY KURT WARNER! Would it have really hurt him, just to let him play a series and see if he'd be any more competant that Bulger? Probably not.

With 30 seconds left, with great field position in Panthers territory, you play for what you HOPE is a certain overtime period? He had 2 options, which were totally obvious.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #296 on: January 11, 2004, 01:19 AM »
Yeah Cory, the more I think about it, the madder I get and I'm not even a Rams fan.  That being said, I like Warner (because of his hot wife) and think he got the royal shaft this year.  I like the Rams too, its too bad that dolt lost them a Super Bowl in 2001 and has blown great chances in '02 and now '03.  After watching them destroy the Packers and Vikings at home earlier this year...man they had it made

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 11, 2004, 01:49 AM »
y'all must be Rams fans, sorry but I have to cheer for my Panthers in their win. It was ugly, it was filled with errors and it took (almost) 2 overtimes for the Cats to scratch the lambs.
Hmm what's that sound I hear?...
it's the Silence of the Rams!!!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #298 on: January 11, 2004, 01:52 AM »
JediMAC is, I just sort of glommed on to them back in their first Super Bowl run.  I do think the Panthers have a shot to go to the Super Bowl.

Cory...in all honesty.  I realize you live near Charlotte and all but how in good faith can you root for both the Panthers and the Bucs???  I'm not dogging you, just curious, its not a heated rivalry due to the realignment and all and since Carolina only has 10 years of history but it got pretty nasty this year...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 11, 2004, 01:57 AM »
Two down, two to go :-*

Did I mention I have a couple of Peppers regs and a variant that need a home ;D

Matt.  Tsk, tsk.  And they call me Mr. Potty Mouth?  For shame, you drunken lout. :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.