Author Topic: NFL 2003/04  (Read 60460 times)

Fettish Sez Thanks

Re: NFL 2003
« Reply #300 on: January 11, 2004, 10:39 AM »
Alison questioned my loyalty as well. How I explained/justified it is like this.

I was born and raised in Charlotte, but was a Dolphins fan until Marino retired. Tampa Bay was the next logical team to root for, so I have been since about 1999. I remained a Bucs fan even when Charlotte got a team.

So, when they play each other, I still bleed red and silver, but when Carolina makes it farther, they get my support by default. Plus I am a fan of defensive football, period.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 10:42 AM by Cory H. »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 11, 2004, 12:04 PM »

I hope that dumb ho Frontiere fires his stupid ass tomorrow, if not tonight.  He has no place in the NFL.

Amen...

I was still so ticked off last night, I couldn't bear to comment (or read about) the pathetic coaching staff of the Rams.  What the hell was he thinking??????????
The Lions loss was tough enough but this was just mind boggling.  Now I get to sit through thr frickin' Packer game today with a bunch of cheese heads who are still gloating over Martz's stupidity.
Go Philly!!
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #302 on: January 11, 2004, 02:09 PM »
Aw, crap...  When I wrote that in all my disgust and anger, and used that one particular word in there - I actually thought to myself briefly that I hope Beth doesn't see that...   :-[  Really sorry if that offended you, or any of the other ladies here.  Not a word I usually use, but considering the state I was in at the time, and my long time hatred for Frontiere for moving my football team out of state, it just kinda slipped out...  Anyway, sorry!   :-*

Matt.  Tsk, tsk.  And they call me Mr. Potty Mouth?  For shame, you drunken lout. :-*

Yeah, my bad.

Forgot that Beth was a football fan.  Stupid me!   :P

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 11, 2004, 03:14 PM »
lol I was rooting against the Rams big time last night. I absolutely despise the Rams. Also hate the Packers. Personally, I hope it comes down to the Panthers and Eagles. I like them both, but I think I'd prefer an Eagle win.

Damn Titans and their loosing to the Patriots! Dont get me wrong, I hate the Titans wholeheartadly, but the mere thought of the Patriots makes me sick. I'm a true blue Colts fan, and if they beat KC today, I was hoping they'd get to play the Titans instead of the Pats. The Colts never beat the Pats, especially road games. I want the Colts to go to the Superbowl, but moreover, I DONT want the Pats to go. I wish it could have been the Colts and KC in the AFC championship game, instead of the Pats and whoever wins today.

However, if the Colts make it to the Superbowl, we're going out and getting a nice huge widescreen TV :) Even more reason to root for the Colts lol
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 11, 2004, 04:07 PM »
Wohooooooo! One more game! Colts and Patriots, 3:00 Sunday. That will be a tense game.

I'd love to see the Colts win the Superbowl, but I will be so elated if they get there, that everything else just wont matter...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #305 on: January 11, 2004, 04:11 PM »
Agreed, KC D was exposed around Week 10, their O and ST are amazing...ugh what happened.  They were the Vikings who got a few breaks and made the playoffs in my eyes.  Tough one in the AFC, I sorta like both teams...hmmm...

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 11, 2004, 04:53 PM »
Re: Rams, let's not forget that they had 2:39 on the clock and ran four plays (and not one of the them was towards the end zone).  Personally, I loathe the Rams (including Warner and his dog of a wife) and was laughing when they f***ed up and pissed when they looked like they were going to win.  One more for the record:  [Nelson]Ha-Ha[/Nelson]

Great defensive battle today between the Colts and Chiefs ::)  They say defenses win championships.  Well, with that showing, neither team deserves to win.

I'm sick and tired of this Packers destiny bull****.  I have nothing against Favre personally (kind of like him in fact) and I'm sorry his dad died, but its the same as the Curse of the Bambino, or the Curse of the Goat.  A bunch of hooey.  What about the Eagles?  An 0-2 start, the stuff with the numbnuts Limbaugh and being decimated by injuries.  They have a huge chip on their shoulders.  The Packers may have the better stats, but I think the Eagles are the better team, ala the Pats against the Rams two years ago.  

And now on to the Pats - its not always pretty, but they just keep winning.  They're probably sore as hell today as are the Titans.  Great smash mouth football.  

Sure the Colts can score points, but Belicheck has always had Manning's number, confusing him with different blitz packages and formations.  I don't expect a blow out either way and it should be a hell of a game.

Go Eagles!!

Go Pats!!
Common sense isn't so common

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 11, 2004, 06:49 PM »
I love the Colts, but I'm not deluded. They are going to need to beef up their D bigtime for the Pats game.

The bad news about today's Chiefs/Colts game? The Colts defense didnt show up to the game. The good news? Neither did the Chiefs defense... The Colts have had some problems with their defense all year, and are depending way to heavily on Peyton and his receiving corps.

It will be one hell of a game next week, here's hoping the Colts can pull it off and go to their first Superbowl in Indy history!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #308 on: January 11, 2004, 07:30 PM »
I was going to correct you there but you're right, Colts have won a Super Bowl, but that was in the Baltimore days.  My dad still will call them Baltimore

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #309 on: January 11, 2004, 08:17 PM »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ghost of Irv Favre must not have blown hard enough on that pass Beth...the team of destiny now gets to sit on the couch with the rest of the NFC.  Nice pass again Beth

Send my condolences to the Wife Matt, tell her this will be last postseason for awhile for the Cheese...Purple and Gold in 2004 baby!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 08:19 PM by OCB »

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #310 on: January 11, 2004, 09:02 PM »
Now that it's all set up, I feel safe in saying that the Panthers will have an easier time with the Eagles. Atleast easier than last time.

Winning 5 in a row, being at full strength, and having an even more potent defense and stronger, more learned offense, I think some retribution is forthcoming.

Packers showed that the Eagles run defense can be diminished after running the ball just a few times, and with Stephen Davis or DeShaun Foster one at HB, the running game is just as safe a bet as their passing game.

I guarantee two things. John Kasay will be on point with his field goals this time, and Jake Delhomme won't throw any errant, Hail Maries a la Brett Favre out of despiration.

So, while he may be headed to the off season early, he'll have a shiny, new key to the city of Philadelphia waiting for him come Monday.   :-*

« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 09:05 PM by Cory H. »

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 11, 2004, 09:07 PM »
I'm glad to see it come down to the Eagles and Panthers, they're both good teams.

That said though, I think the Superbowl is going to be an AFC victory.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #312 on: January 11, 2004, 10:26 PM »
Patty's still in mourning, and I'm more than pissed myself...  I don't know what what was worse - Favre's pass, or Martz's playcalling.  Both make me sick.  Just a pathetic way to end such an amazing game today.  I can't even imagine what was going through Brett's head on that play.

Glad to see Indy advance though, as I've always liked their team (since the early 90's).  Since I only went 1 - 3 with my hopeful picks this week, I've got to pray Indy goes all the way now.  I'd like to see them win, and would absolutely loathe seeing the Pats or Eagles win.  Pretty indifferent with the Panthers.  They're about as nameless and uninteresting as the Florida Marlins were when they won the World Series a few months ago.

Definitely not my favorite year for sports...   >:(

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #313 on: January 11, 2004, 10:44 PM »
I'm hoping the Colts end up beating the Panthers in the Super Bowl.  I don't want the Eagles in there because I can't stand them.
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 11, 2004, 10:47 PM »
If the Colts can beat the Pats, I think theyre a sure thing for winning the Super Bowl. That, and I really want a big screen tv ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 11:03 PM by BigDumbWookiee »