Author Topic: NFL 2003/04  (Read 60677 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2003
« Reply #330 on: January 19, 2004, 11:07 AM »
Ugh....... Im going to burn down my house now.

It's not so much that the Colts lost, its that the Pats won. I despise the Pats. I kind of like the Panthers, just for handing the Rams their asses, but would have much rather seen the Eagles in the Superbowl. Colts vs Eagles would have been much better.

Ive lost all faith in sports.

First, the Marlins, and hell whoever the other team was (Yankees?), go to the World Series. Damnit, it should have been the Red Sox and Cubbies.

Superbowl should have been Colts and Eagles. The Panthers are just another Florida Marlins, the Pats are just another Yankees. Good teams, yes, but teams nobody gives a crap about. It's fun to see the underdog get a chance. The Colts have blown big butt pretty much ever since they arrived in Indy, but damnit, I still love em. Just like I love those Cubbies.

This year the Super Bowl will not be very super. More a mixture of trite and mundain.

I'll say this much though, if it was the Rams and the Pats, I'd probably be digging myself into a hole, and not come out until next season. If there is a team I hate almost as much as the Pats, its the Rams.

When the Bears and the Bengals play one another in the Super Bowl, and the Cubbies play anybody in the World Series, then, and only then, will my faith in professional sports be revitalized.

Until then, I guess its time to get ready for a new Firebirds season...

Im sorry, whats that about no one giving a crap about the Yankees?

Come to New York or New York City durring ball season.

See who doesnt give a crap then! LOL!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 21, 2004, 03:44 PM »
GO PANTHERS!!! They will win the superbowl as this year's cinderella team!!! ;D
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #332 on: January 22, 2004, 01:43 PM »
I think the Marlin analogy is very valid...how many Nationally Televised games did the Panthers play this year...1?  Like the Marlins they have some knowns (Pudge namely) but they have been doing it all outside the national attention.  I thought they were really overrated coming into the playoffs due to their December Slump but they have made me a believer.  Not a big enough believer to think that they will win though, Belicheck is a genius, the Pats D is better than the Panthers and so is the Pats O...I'm cheering for the Pats (and I would have cheered for the Colts too) Mainly for selfish reasons, I don't want another team to enjoy the Lombardi trophy before my team gets to...7 Points sounds about right

I was in Houston the last 3 days, the hype was just starting to gear up.  The town is a craphole but it cleans up nice...saw the Blimp going by, signs everywhere, t-shirts everywhere, I wish the game was Sunday

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 22, 2004, 01:56 PM »
I have to reply OCB that I think the Pats are a little over rated but as any teams' fan should defend them, I still believe in the Panthers. No ONE ever considerd the Panthers to beat the lambs or the iggles but they DID! So it's no surprise no one even thinks the panthers have a chnace agaisnt the Pats. I expect a good game from both teams and think it go down to another down to the wire Cardiac Cats finish!!!
 :D
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #334 on: January 22, 2004, 02:38 PM »
I don't think the Panthers are over rated at all, in fact I think I underrated them coming into the playoffs, I knew they would smoke the Cowboys but no way in hell did expect them to be in the SUper Bowl

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 22, 2004, 02:58 PM »
I have to reply OCB that I think the Pats are a little over rated

-10-0 against teams with a winning record
-Beat the co-mvps not once but twice each
-Haven't lost since September
-Allowed a little over 14 pts a game (and less at home)
-10-0 at home
-They haven't trailed in a game since November 23.
-Best record in the NFL

Yeah, I can see how people think they're over-rated ::)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #336 on: January 22, 2004, 03:00 PM »
Agreed, I'll be as shocked as when the Patriots beat the Rams if the Panthers beat the Patriots, should be a good game

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 22, 2004, 03:04 PM »
Since I know first hand about the "underdog" and "no respect" thing and know anything can happen, I won't be shocked if the Cats win.  Disappointed, yes.  I don't think they will, but it will be a tough, hard hitting smash mouth football game, just the way I like it.  Agreed, it should be a good one.  (Unless you like the shoot out games, then it's going to suck ass)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 23, 2004, 05:51 PM »
I was tryin gto dis you guys, just be a fan who is THRILLED beyond belief that the Panthers are in the SB.. But I hope it is a good game and not a blow out, by either team.  IT'll be defense against defense plus maybe a turn over or two.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
Super Bowl parties?
« Reply #339 on: January 27, 2004, 03:40 AM »
So, what's everyone doing for the Super Bowl on Sunday?  My girlfriend's talking about trying to put together a little shindig at our place, but I'm not sure if she'll really have the time.  If not, I'll probably just hit the local sports bar with some buddies.

Really hoping for a Carolina Panthers win, since they're the underdogs and have never won it before.  Plus, I still think the Patriots got unfairly lucky in that Raider game a couple years ago, that led to their last championship.

Should be a great game!  I anticipate a whole lot of junk food, beer, and extra pounds coming my way this weekend.   :P

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 27, 2004, 09:41 PM »
It is going to a Mexican Food Fiesta at our house Sunday!!!  I can't wait.  What I want is one of those inflatable arm chairs.  You know the ones that will hold a normal human, not just a kids chair.  I have wanted one of those for a while.  I figure the combo of that chair and the Tex-Mex, and I can make "noises" all during a Superbowl that will probably end up 3-0 after 2 overtimes.   AND I'LL WATCH EVERY MINUTE OF IT.  Because after Sunday Night no Football till August.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Super Bowl XXXVIII New England vs Carolina
« Reply #341 on: January 28, 2004, 10:37 AM »
My prediction New England 27 Carolina 17, their D's are even, the Special Teams are even, New England has won it before and has a better Offense...chew on that (please note that I have picked the game wrong the past 3 years :P)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 28, 2004, 10:44 AM »
My prediction, the Commercials & the Lingerie Bowl will come out winners!  :P   ;D

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 28, 2004, 10:44 AM »
i will probably hang out at a buddies house or just my house and watch the game. Nospecial plans just celebrating the Panthers' victory.
 :)
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #344 on: January 28, 2004, 12:57 PM »
Stayin' home, probably going to have the lady make some of her chili cheese dip.

Cats 17, Pats 14. No way will it be a high scoring game, especially if they barely beat the Titans by a similar score.