Author Topic: NFL 2003/04  (Read 60426 times)

Offline DarthWormie

• Youngling
  • Mom always said, don't play ball in the house.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2003
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2003, 04:53 PM »
Patriots season ticket holder here. Just hoping they make it back to the playoffs :)
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2003, 10:53 PM »
Patriots obtain DT Washington from Bears for draft choice

August 19, 2003

FOXBORO, Mass. (AP) -- The Chicago Bears traded veteran nose tackle Ted Washington to the New England Patriots on Tuesday for a fourth-round pick in the 2004 NFL draft.

Washington, 35, is a four-time Pro Bowl selection. He has 852 career tackles and 29 sacks in 12 seasons with San Francisco, Denver, Buffalo and Chicago.

The Bears get the Washington Redskins' fourth-round draft choice in 2004. The Patriots had obtained the Redskins' selection for two picks in the 2003 draft.

Washington, a 6-foot-4, 375-pound lineman, was drafted by San Francisco in the first round in 1991 out of Louisville. He had three straight 100-plus tackle seasons for the Bills from 1996-98.

my thoughts... TOTAL CRAP!!!
dustrho

Offline DarthWormie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2003, 10:24 AM »
Patriots obtain DT Washington from Bears for draft choice

my thoughts... TOTAL CRAP!!!

From what side of the coin? Bears have depth at the position and wanted to unload his $1.3M salary for this season.

The Pats needed a nose tackle desperately and it only took a 4th rounder to do so.

Not a deal that will put either club over the top, but I wouldn't call it crap either.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2003, 11:22 AM »
I know one thing, Washington's big load is sure going to shore up alot of blockers, thus allowing Colvin to run rampant all over opposing offenses.  
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2003, 01:58 PM »
Boy pre-season is knocking off QBs left and right.  First Vick, then Griese and now Chad Pennington out's for likely the season with a fractured wrist.  Hopefully, Belichick plays it smart Wednesday and only plays the first team O and D one series each and then lets the back ups play the rest of the game.  No need for anyone to get injured now.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2003, 02:03 PM »
Yeah sucks for those people who have their fantasy football drafts as well.  Pennington was going to have a good year too.  Good thing I drafted Culpepper and Warner!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2003, 10:45 PM »
I can't believe the way injuries are already affecting this season, and there's still a week of preseason left.  Whoa!

I just gotta keep my fingers crossed that the G-Men can stay healthy, and take it to each and every team we face.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #82 on: September 1, 2003, 12:00 PM »
Detroit Lions acquire Olandis Gary from the Buffalo Bills

All I can is that is an awesome move for the Lions, who were DESPERATELY in need of a running back.
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 1, 2003, 01:03 PM »
Detroit may finally be coming around.  With this move, plus Joey Harrington and Charles Rogers, I think the Lions might finally turn some people's heads.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #84 on: September 4, 2003, 03:41 PM »
2 big WTF's from me...

Why did the Pats release Lawyer Milloy and why did the Vikings deem him too expensive?

Get ready baby...the season starts in 5 hours!

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!

Offline DarthWormie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 4, 2003, 05:18 PM »
It seems the Pats got rid of Milloy for a couple of reasons. The first & most important is money. He was due to make around $4.4M this season with a cap hit even higher. Both the cap hit & salary would have jumped about $1M next season. The other reason, which ties to salary is his performance last year. He had 0 Sacks, 0 Ints, 0 Forced Fumbles, 0 Recovered Fumbles and recorded a career low tackles last year. The Pats wanted to keep him, but not at $4.4M. They wanted him to restructure down to $3M and he refused to come down at all.

It won't take long for Belicheck to see if he made the right decision though. It sure will be weird seeing him in Buffalo Blue come Sunday.

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 5, 2003, 09:55 AM »
Finally the season is under way.   No more preseason crap. I can sit back with a cold one and relax on sundays once again.

Scott predictions on Sundays big game ;)  

Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #87 on: September 5, 2003, 10:25 AM »
Well seeing as how the Pack have won 8 out of 9 at Lambeau I don't like our chances.  However, the Vikes have improved, the Pack have gottena  little worse and we almost beat you there last year.  After three years of close calls I say this may finally be the Vikes year to win one again (first time since '98) but I'm not going to hold my breath either

As long as #4 is at the helm as much as I hate him the Pack have a shot...

Vikings 27 Packers 21  :-\

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 5, 2003, 10:43 AM »
 Well I also am not holding my breath. I think that it will be close.   I am betting on something like 24-21 Pack winning in the last 1:30 of the game.  
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #89 on: September 5, 2003, 04:06 PM »
I agree it will come down to the wire like most Lambeau games have done the last 4 years, Beth has beaten us everytime

What I hope for is a repeat of 98, one of the funnest games I have ever watched...

Moss 5 catches 194 Yards, 2 TD's and one 75 yarder called back on a horrible holding call against Todd Stuessie.  Broke the Packers home unbeaten streak, Moss's coming out party, stunned the Lambeau faithful and put the Vikes at the head of the Central for 3 really good years.  Too bad they pissed it all away thanks to ole Fatty at the helm