Author Topic: NFL 2003/04  (Read 60444 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NFL 2003
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2003, 09:28 PM »
The Vikings (Cris Carter, Robert Smith and Korey Stringer may he RIP) started that back in 1998.  I agree that it is old...the funny thing is when idiots would say...

The New Mexico State University or something equally as asinine
« Last Edit: November 10, 2003, 09:32 PM by OCB »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #151 on: November 10, 2003, 09:34 PM »
The Vikings (Robert Smith and Korey Stringer may he RIP) started that back in 1998.  I agree that it is old...the funny thing is when idiots would say...

The New Mexico State University or something equally as asinine

Ah, so there's a history to this gaywad phrase.  Had no idea. . .

So, Ohio State alums have been doing this for five years?  Who're the ad wizards who came up with that one?  (EDIT:  And who in the hell thinks it's still clever?)

Signed,

Virex
The Jedi Defender dot com
« Last Edit: November 10, 2003, 09:39 PM by Virex »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 10, 2003, 11:29 PM »
If I'm missing a joke here, just laugh at me behind my back please, but....

Ohio State is properly titled The Ohio State University.  It is on all their communications, letterhead, etc.  I applied for grad school there.  Seemed like a tad pompous name at the time.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #153 on: November 10, 2003, 11:43 PM »
No you are right Brent...it is correct...noone calls it that though except people who went there...and Football players didn't either until the 3 Vikes started doing it

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2003, 12:05 AM »
If I'm missing a joke here, just laugh at me behind my back please, but....

Ohio State is properly titled The Ohio State University.  It is on all their communications, letterhead, etc.  I applied for grad school there.  Seemed like a tad pompous name at the time.  

Yeah, well, you see, where I'm from, there's only one OSU:

And while I'm more of a Sooner fan than a Cowboy fan, I'm certainly not caught up in all of the stuck-up pageantry regarding The Ohio State University Suck-eyes. . .

So, anyway, thanks for filling me in, Morgbug.  Didn't know that was the official terminology.  Doesn't make it any less stupid. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2003, 12:14 AM »
ANOTHER great game tonight...Beth Farve choked on it big time!  I hate seeing the Vikings lose but it makes it a little easier to stomach when the Pack lose their 3rd game at home!!!

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2003, 09:50 AM »
Enjoy it Scott ;D
   These guys are really getting pathetic- 6 fumbles so what the weather was bad the Eagles didn't drop the damn ball.  I can think of million$ of reason$ to hold on to the ball.  I have to say they don't deserve to win.  Terrible terrible showing-
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2003, 11:05 AM »
Dammit!  Another Monday Night Football game where I went to bed with less than 2 minutes left in the game, and I had to miss the Eagles beat the Packers in the last minute.  I thought the game was over too.  That really pisses me off man.

Oh well, the Pack lost and that's good enough for me.
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #158 on: November 11, 2003, 11:09 AM »
LOL...I haven't missed a game yet.  There have been a ton of GREAT Monday night games, the Cowboys/Giants, the Bucs/Colts, the Broncos/Pats and last night.

Hard to throw the ball with two hands wrapped around that neck huh Beth?

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #159 on: November 17, 2003, 12:46 AM »

Hard to throw the ball with two hands wrapped around that neck huh Beth?

While the wheels have officially come off in Tampa Bay, I may as well say the same thing about the Vikes and their 6 turnovers, losing 4 in a row, including 10+ point losses to the previously 1-7 Chargers and the 2-7 Raiders.

Jeez. First ya loose A.J. to the Giants, now this?  :-*

Get Mike Tice to shave that god awful beard, it's bad luck.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2003, 09:00 AM »
Yeah horrible...I predicted a 10-6 season and they'll be lucky to finish 9-7.  It is hard to watch, very hard :'(

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2003, 09:01 AM »
Yeah but the big difference is the Vikes are 6-4 and still leading their division, whereas the Bucs are officially in the *******.  The Vikes still have at least three wheels left, albeit, barely.  The Bucs have now switched to a unicycle as their official mode of transportation.

While most games yesterday were **** teams playing **** teams, a few were note worthy.  The Chiefs are now defeated, by the Bengals of all teams.  While not a Super Bowl contender yet, the Bengals have been playing some good ball lately and have their foot in the door for a division title.  Marvin Lewis has turned this team around and has them playing close games.  I actually predicted before the season started they would finish 8 - 8 and it just may happen.

The Eagles offense finally showed up and they are now 7-3 after a 0-2 start and tied for first with the Cowboys.  The Giants, like I've always believed, are an overated team.  Fassel is gone after the season is over, if not sooner.

Now for the game of the week, IMO.  Pats vs. Cowboys, Belichick vs. Parcells.  Was their a lot of hype for this game?  Yes.  Did it live up to it?  Some what.  Neither Bill is one to stir the pot and they just let their players decide the game.  Overall, an enjoyable, tough, physical game between two very good defenses.  The final score reflected that, with the Pats winning 12 - 0.  They are now 8 - 2 and still have a 2 game lead in the AFC East over the Fins.  
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2003, 09:14 AM »
Well this may not be NFL but hey, I'm from Canada were we have the CFL. So for today, Hooray for the home team!  8)

:-*  Edmonton Eskimos win Grey Cup!   :-*  

The Edmonton Eskimos are Grey Cup champions for the first time in 10 years and for the 12th time in franchise history.

The Edmonton Eskimos defeated the Montreal Alouettes 34-22 Sunday in the Canadian Football League's 2003 championship game.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 09:47 AM by DSJ™ »

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2003, 02:54 PM »
I've come to accept the Buc's not going back to the Super Bowl, nor the playoffs, and the possibility that this is going to hurt Warren Sapp's chances of coming back, as well as a few others.

Like years past, I'll stay true, and just hope for a healthier Buc's team next year. I feel real let down, and if I had my say, Kenyatta Walker would be ******* cut as soon as the season is over.

In the mean time, I'll resort to pulling for my 2nd fav. team, the "Cardiac Cats", as we call them here.

It was an ugly game yesterday, especially, but I am hoping they can get it together here in the stretch, and then we'll see if they are playoff worthy.

Whats even funnier is that the Bungals are 5-5, and in 1st place. Haven't heard crazy talk like that since the days of Anthony Munoz, Ickey Woods, Boomer Esiason, and friggin' Sam Wyche (who never did the Buc's much good, thankyaverymuch)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2003, 03:41 PM »

and if I had my say, Kenyatta Walker would be ******* cut as soon as the season is over.

Edit:  Never mind, I mixed him up with another Kenyatta.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 03:46 PM by Mikey D »
Common sense isn't so common