Author Topic: NFL 2003/04  (Read 60429 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl XXXVIII New England vs Carolina
« Reply #360 on: February 1, 2004, 01:47 PM »
Its not like they win every year like the Yankees.

Yes, here we are. Lets knock the Yanks because they win alot.

Woo.

:-*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 1, 2004, 09:13 PM »
C'mon,pull it through Carolina.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 1, 2004, 10:31 PM »
Patriots win it.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 1, 2004, 10:38 PM »
A good effort.I hate the Panther haters on RS though.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 1, 2004, 10:40 PM »
Entertaining game.  Sad to see someone lose that.  

Certainly no room for arrogance with that win though.  The Panthers showed up and played.  The Pats simply won.  

Most enjoyable.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 1, 2004, 11:31 PM »
Umhum.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #366 on: February 1, 2004, 11:39 PM »
Anyone here happen to catch what happened during the halftime show?  I saw it and had thought it must have been some kind of joke, but it was real!  Read about it here.
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #367 on: February 2, 2004, 03:39 AM »
Strange game, but very exciting.  First quarter and a half, along with the third quarter, was a total snooze fest.  But the second half of the second quarter, and the fourth quarter, was very exciting!  I didn't think Carolina had a shot.  Even when they got close, as well as when they took the lead, it just seemed like there was no doubt that New England was still going to pull it out.  But Carolina sure fought tough and made it exciting!

Had it not been for that complete dumbass Kasey kicking it off out of bounds, it probably would've been the first Super Bowl ever to go into overtime.  That would've been awesome.  But no, more heroics for Vinitari again...   :-\

The Patriots were the better team though.  They deserved it, and they earned it.  I'm kinda glad for Tom Brady, 'cause I think he's a real down to earth, cool guy.  Glad New England earned this one on their own, and there's no asterisk attached to it, like the time they actually lost to the Raiders in the Snow Bowl, but still managed to advance to face the Rams in the Super Bowl two years ago.  That's really the only thing I'm bitter about with the Pats.  Other than that bogus win, I actually kinda like these scrappy bunch of relatively anonymous guys who just play great team ball.

I still would've rather seen the Panthers win it, but after New England's amazing run this year, they really did deserve it.  Just not the first one two years ago...   ;)

As for the half time show, I thought my eyes were deceiving me there, and that it couldn't possibly be Janet's boob I saw, but alas - it indeed was!   8)  Didn't bother me any, but apparently everyone's in an uproar over it now, and it was supposedly not supposed to be part of the act.  Even Timberlake said it was a costuming malfunction.  That's total B.S.  Why the hell was she wearing the pasty on her nip then?!?  The damage control ain't happenin'.  They went for the shock value, and now they're getting reamed for it.  Oh well...  I at least enjoyed it!   :)
« Last Edit: February 2, 2004, 12:27 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 2, 2004, 07:20 AM »

For a supposed boring game, that turned out to one of the most enjoyable games I've seen in a while.  Both heart wrenching followed by euphoria.  But the boys in blue got it done and now its time to celebrate.

It had everything one could ask for.  Great D in the first half followed by a shoot out in the second half.  I give credit to the Panthers, they played a hell of a football game and have no where to go but up.

And someone tell that fat ass Warren Sapp to keep his mouth shut next time.  I wouild say an O line that doesn't give up a sack in 48 pass attempts against the supposed "best D line" in football is pretty damn good.

I'll see the rest of the Pats fans tomorrow at the victory celebration.  Rain, snow or freezing cold, I'll be there.  Can't wait.

New England Patriots
Super Bowl XXXVIII Champions
« Last Edit: February 2, 2004, 07:22 AM by Mikey D »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 2, 2004, 09:27 AM »
Vinaterri almost became the Steve Christie of new Century...

Congrats to the Pats and their fans (except of course the ones who thought the best way to celebrate was turn over cars, start fires and back over pedestrians)

Be careful when you go to the Celebration Mikey D. ;)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 2, 2004, 09:40 AM »
Vinaterri almost became the Steve Christie of new Century...

Congrats to the Pats and their fans (except of course the ones who thought the best way to celebrate was turn over cars, start fires and back over pedestrians)

Be careful when you go to the Celebration Mikey D. ;)

Yeah, I don't get the morons who do stuff like that.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for celebrating, but do it in a civilized manner.  I hate to see what happens when and if the Red Sox finally win the World Series.

I expect no problems tomorrow.  Although you always get a few ass holes, most fans just want to congratulate their team on a job well done.
Common sense isn't so common

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #371 on: February 2, 2004, 09:50 AM »
Had it not been for that complete dumbass Kasey kicking it off out of bounds, it probably would've been the first Super Bowl ever to go into overtime.  

That's a little harsh. Based on the games averages, the Patriots would have gotten the ball at the 30 as it is, and driven down the field, regardless. In that case, the Patriots probably could have won it earlier if Vinatieri hadn't botched his first 2 seemingly automatic field goals.

Good game, all around.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 2, 2004, 10:14 AM »
That turned out to be a fantastic Super Bowl I thought.  This was a year where I didn't really care who won, I don't have anything against either team, but for some reason found myself going for the Patriots throughout.  I wouldn't have been upset if Carolina would have won either though.  It was funny, during the third quarter I told my wife "I bet you anything that the Pats will win this on a Viniteri field goal, since he missed his first two...it will be a feel good story" :P.  Great game though, quite entertaining I thought...especially the second half.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #373 on: February 2, 2004, 12:34 PM »
That's a little harsh. Based on the games averages, the Patriots would have gotten the ball at the 30 as it is, and driven down the field, regardless.

Well, after having just tied the game up, with barely over a minute left on the clock, the LAST thing you would ever want to do in that situation is just hand the ball over to the Patriots all the way at the 40, and with NO TIME run off the clock.  I say that one single play right there singlehandedly cost them the game.

Sure, the Pats were getting pretty good field position throughout the game, but after having tied it up, with the renewed adrenaline pumping on the Special Teams (presumably), you'd hope Kasay could kick one deep like his previous four kickoffs, and pin them much further back.  Hell, if he had enough leg to just kick it into or through the endzone, that's another 20 yards they would've saved on the touchback, which would've likely saved them from the field goal.  Hell, even running 7 or so more seconds off the clock on a kick inbounds might've been enough...

Yeah, you can look at a lot of other factors throughout the course of the game, like the penalties, but when the game was on the line, Kasay turned into the ultimate goat.  I blame this one solely on him.  If not for his screw up, good chance the Pats don't get into position for the game winner, and then anything can happen in overtime.

Kasay sucks.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2004, 01:51 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 2, 2004, 01:49 PM »
Indeed, it was Ms. Jackson's breast, that we got a look at. :-*
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)