Author Topic: JD.com Review: Dagobah R2-D2  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
JD.com Review: Dagobah R2-D2
« on: March 14, 2005, 03:08 PM »
And another one down...  Look for Spirit-O-Ben-Louis soon though!

He's lean, he's mean, he's uh...  dirty.  Well, he's not something you haven't seen before really, as he's actually mostly reused parts and things, but he is something new in the paintjob.  Very nicely new actually.

But is he a good figure?  Well that you have to decide for yourself!  Click Right Here to read the whole thing and see what you think. 

Myself, I found the figure lacking the 1-2 punch I needed to make me content with the purchase.  I like the figure as a repaint, and it blows the pack-in R2 away that came with the Dagobah X-Wing...  The problem though?  He's not anything new really, and he came with nothing to make me say that he was worth the $5.

A base is cool, but not a single accessory bit the big one.  A problem with astromechs, but look what we've gotten with others like R2-Q5...  A neat little holo Death Star.

I think Hasbro could've tossed in the Dagobah X-Wing accessories like Luke's luggage, or the Flashback Yoda Lamp, or all of them...  Just to give this guy some oomph as a toy.

Anyway, read the review, get back to us here, have fun.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: JD.com Review: Dagobah R2-D2
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 12:43 AM »
Great review Jesse.  I noticed your enjoyment of the "scream" as one of his sounds that he makes.  It's one of my favourites too, but my R2 seems to have a little glitch.  After pressing the button a few times to get to that scream, he will only scream for each subsequent press of the button.  Only after a few minutes of leaving him alone will the sounds seem to "reset" and then I'll get different sounds again. 

Has anyone else encountered this?  It's not that a big deal, since it is one of my favourites of his sound effects, but just an annoyance.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: JD.com Review: Dagobah R2-D2
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 05:55 PM »
Havne't really noticed that on mine...  I only got one though, so I dunno if that's a potential problem.

I know the Saga R2 that used basically the same body and everything had problems like that though...  Some did anyway.  Sloppy electronics inside.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77