Author Topic: Episode III Books  (Read 4377 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Episode III Books
« on: March 17, 2005, 11:34 AM »
So, on APril 2nd I'll be picking up my figures and then heading to Barnes and Noble for some books:

Those three for sure, I read the Menace and Clones books ahead of time and each time was not dissapointed I knew the story.  I'm completely spoiled already so I'll be buying and reading it in a few short weeks.  The other 2 I need since I have all of the other Art Books (My favorites of all SW Books) and the Visual Dictionaries

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Episode III Books
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 01:04 PM »
I'm cheap when it comes to book buying.

I haven't picked up the VDs for the OT, TPM or AOTC yet.  I'm hoping that they go on clearance sometime.  I might need to check out a Buck-A-Book to see if they have them cheap.

The other ones I like are the Incredible Cross Sections.  I have those for the OT and TPM.  Need AOTC and obviously ROTS, if they make one (which I'm assuming they will)

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 10:11 AM »
I'm hoping to pick up some books that day as well, at least the Visual Dictionary.  I always enjoy those, and they make nice "coffee table books" at our house.  Not that there is always groundbreaking information that many of us don't already know, but I think they are well done and just fun to look at.  I know I would have loved having books like that as a kid, that broke down the individual characters/ships, etc.

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 04:46 AM »
FYI, most of the Episode III books (and the book on CD) are in stock at Walmart.com:

Sith Stuff

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 2, 2005, 06:30 PM »
Paged through both the Making Of and the Art Of books today at Barnes and Noble.  Amazing books but I'm going to wait on buying them. I did buy the Visual Dictionary and Novel at Wal Mart though.

That Making Of book is really neat.  Reading through there, a ton of the recent spoiler material (especially at MF.com) has come directly from there

Offline Firebat

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 4, 2005, 10:28 AM »
Read the graphic novel today. Felt a little rushed, but nice art and good writing.

SilverZ

« Reply #6 on: April 7, 2005, 04:21 AM »

This book is outstanding. I've vigorously read through the first two thirds of my softcover version I picked up at Walmart during Midnight Madness, and though I am now hopelessly spoiled, I have such an appreciation for the movie's content, I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out on-screen even more.

I even like this book enough that I'm ordering the hardcover version off of Amazon.com to keep in pristine condition.

Screw it, I ordered a signed copy from Star Wars Shop.

It's written as a journal, chronicling the development of the film from day to day, and reports what happens as it occurs, avoiding retroactive comments about changes coming down the line. It does not report on changes made to the story, locations, names, or design elements until the day it happens. You read and experience the evolution of the movie as it evolves. It leaves you with a perfect understanding of the process the crew goes through from start to finish with Lucas at the helm. Brilliant.

There’s also a lot of eye-opening presentation of the actual filming in Australia. After years of criticism - that the actors aren’t allowed to ad-lib, that Lucas is distant with his cast, and that green screen is detracting from performances - the book offers up excellent evidence to the contrary, and makes the reader look deeper into the problems embedded within the prequel trilogy.

Pretty pictures, too. 
« Last Edit: April 7, 2005, 05:54 AM by Tydirium »

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 08:11 PM »
Got my copy of ROTS novel on the way to me, but I am debating if I should read it when it gets here, or just wait till after the movie comes out.

Claude

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 1, 2006, 11:16 AM »
So what book would have at-te's, republic crusiers, juggernots,gunships,and locations?(ex. Utapau,kashyyyk)I'm have a few projects in mind and need some good ref.

NoMercyJoe
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 1, 2006, 11:54 AM »
For your vehicle needs, the ROTS Incredible Cross Sections is the book for you.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 3, 2006, 01:50 AM »
I read mine before the movie, so it was great.
I thought it was better than the movie at some parts.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Darth Paul

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 5, 2006, 12:00 AM »
I got the SW "365 Days" book for Christmas and I wasn't too impressed.  But then I paged through it and it is really great!   There are lots of interesting tidbits on how effects and shots were accomplished in all 6 movies.   As someone who works in the biz, I enjoyed reading about the SW "tricks of the trade".
I highly recommend this book, even though it covers all 6 flicks and isn't technically an EPIII book as such.