Author Topic: 2007  (Read 9707 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« on: March 18, 2005, 02:24 PM »
Is anyone else afraid of what Hasbro might do with the line if we do indeed get 3D movies? Looking at what they did with GI-Joe, I wouldn't be suprised if the normal 3-4 inch line was put on hiatus aswell.

March 12th, 2007
Hasbro updates today informing us that the Basic figure line has been put on permanent hiatus to make way for their new Total Force 8inch figure line, offering
mechanized battle attack and force speaking action. These figures will retail for 19.99 at all brick and mortar stores everywhere!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2007
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 02:46 PM »
That was my fear after I got over the shock of finding the other half of my collecting budget strangely freed up back in Feb....

But you've got the date wrong...it will come on the eve of Toy Fair, when we are all awaiting pics of the rumored Super Articulated Army Builders and Deluxe Ice Cream Guy and Tonnika Sisters....

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 03:22 PM »
Actually, for us, the 3D announcement is great.  We now know that Star Wars will have a big 30th anniversary push.  Sure, it means more Hans, Lukes and  Vaders, but I'm sure we'll get some cool stuff.

If anything, it means that there will be movie realted ( not TV) Star Wars stuff on the shelves until 2008.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 04:10 PM »
I felt pretty strongly Lucas would put the films back out there once they were done.  I never would have guessed by 3-D. 

I think it almost assures us that he will make some alternated scenes for a 3-D release.  It's inevitable with him.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 04:19 PM »
2007 = 3D = Star Wars Continues

All good.   :)

:P

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 05:43 PM »
It's kind of funny...I cringe when Lucas changes or adds to the OT, but the thought of him tinkering with the PT is fine.  I like the PT, but I just don't have the same affection for them as I do for the OT,

Anyway, I would love to see a digital Yoda in TPM.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 08:24 PM »
Digital Yoda, Dooku in TPM, those sorts of things I could really get behind.  I'm glad we'll see them all in the theater again, and also that it means more SW toys.   :)

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2005, 08:17 AM »
Woo-hoo!! Keep the toys a-comin'. :D

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2005, 01:53 PM »
No wonder Hasbro kept the license until 2018.  Lucas is going to put one film out each year starting in 07 with the 3-D look. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005, 02:46 PM »
This is a great thing from a collecting standpoint... at least in my opinion.  Means the figures aren't going to be going away anytime soon.

:P

Offline Firebat

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 03:41 PM »
The thought of the 3.75" being cancelled scares me. I remember those dark days of the late 80's.....

Offline Aaron_D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2005, 03:57 AM »
Judging from all the reports I've read at the different sites, the Star Wars line isn't going anywhere for quite some time.  As unbelievable as it originally sounded a while back, it's now looking more and more like Hasbro's seriously thinking they're going to keep the line running through the end of their license in 2018.  I'm guessing there'll be some slower times mixed in there too amongst the TV and 3D movie hoopla, but all in all it sounds like Star Wars is here to stay.

As for the 4" line, that's Hasbro's bread and butter, and from their failed experiments with other scales since Episdoe 1, I'd fashion a guess that they'll be sticking with the same scale.  They just need to continue to improve upon their figures, in articulation, likeness, detail, etc.  If they can just do that, the 4" line should eventually yield every last figure we've ever wanted, and that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2005, 06:19 AM »
I'm sure hasbro is jumping up and down with happiness that there will be 2 Star Wars TV shows soon.  Television shows move a lot more toys than movies do.  TV creates a permanent visibility for the license, as opposed to 4-5 months every 3 years.

Sure, there will be lots of fgures from the TV shows, but the shows will also keep the films alive.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2005, 07:35 AM »
Good news all around

Move to differet scale =  Im done and happy
Same scale = Nothing changes

After the TV series wears out, and it will.  The line will die a slow death much like the 85-86 POTF line. 

In all honesty, I have loved this hobby, but my wallet really needs a rest. 

I really cant see Hasbro making the more obscure figs after a few more years with no movies still around.  The TV show will be nice but unless they reintroduce alot of obscure (generic characters), and its possible, the main figs from the 6 movies and the TV show may be all we have left.  Im sure we will still get the obscure convention every once in a while. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2005, 09:12 AM »
As long as the keep the scale 3 3/4, i will keep buying. If they ever change the scale i am done.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"