Author Topic: Who's First?  (Read 4253 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Who's First?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2005, 01:36 PM »
open them? Never!!!!

Now thats what I like to hear!  :)  Extra figures not a problem I guess.  :-\

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2005, 02:45 PM »
Picked up a Clonetrooper today... paid a little extra, but I really like this figure.  Much better than people have been acting.

:P

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2005, 05:05 PM »
Opened up my Agen Kolar and gave him the correct color blade on his lightsaber.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2005, 10:22 AM »
I think I'll be opening the Deluxe Anakin when I get home first. However, since I will be going directly from MM at TRU to waiting in line at Target, I will want to open SOMETHING to occupy my time while waiting for the Target to open - since I'll be worried about losing accessories, it will probably be something with very few - so to that end, I'll probably either open up a couple of the new Jedi like Aalya Secura and Ki-Adi Mundi.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2005, 10:55 AM »
I'm not sure who/what I'll open first.  I might do things in order, like Jeff mentioned above, or I might go straight for the wookiees, clones, and Jedi :).  I've only done the "big buying spree" thing one other time, for AOTC, and it was just kind of fun having all of that stuff at once, sitting around you in a room.  I couldn't imagine having that type of feeling as a kid, just being surrounded by all sorts of Star Wars goodies, not knowing where to start ;).

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2005, 02:05 AM »
The way my monetary situation looks right now, on 4/2 I won't buy more than a half-dozen figures and maybe one or two deluxe. So "not knowing where to begin" won't be a huge issue.

In a way it's too bad I can't start off with a spectacular blaze of sound and fury like I'd hoped -- but on the other hand it prolongs the fun to acquire them in bits and pieces through the spring and summer ... and fall ... and winter ... and following spring ... and summer ... and then on 75% off clearance ... and so on.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 02:29 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2005, 04:59 AM »
I'm pretty limited funds wise too, so I'll be limited to - depending on the whole exclusive nightmare - something like 12 figures.  That's fine, because there'll be plenty to buy throughout the summer, and plus those clearances...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2005, 11:26 AM »
That's a good question, Mike!

I guess I'll do what I did for Episode 2, and just pick them randomly out of the bags. Whatever happens to be in my hand is what I'll open. Though I may save the ones I'm really excited about for last (Clone Commander, Clone Pilot, etc).
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram