Author Topic: Galactic Battlegrounds  (Read 17776 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Battlegrounds
« Reply #45 on: January 2, 2007, 03:49 PM »
Anyone still playing? I have the game with the clone campaign upgrade and still throw it in occasionally

I don't play it too much now. It will most likely be a rare occurrence to see me playing it now that I've gotten Empire at War. Battlegrounds used to be my favorite game before Battle Front came out.

i played it on news years eve, my wife was sick so i just played.

in other news the msn online playing option is gone, they finally closed it, if anyone wants to play just message me and I'm always up for a ip vs ip game.

I may have to take you up on that offer sometime. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: January 2, 2007, 05:18 PM »
I haven't played it in ages and never actually owned the game, but borrowed and beat a copy...  I'm pondering now buying the bundle cheap to play through when I get bored and want something different.  I never really liked GB all that much...  The gameplay was sort of simplistic, the graphics were attrocious considering the time it was released...  It had some charm though and more of a story than some games out there so I'm compelled to own it because of that.

Though I got an upgrade (out of necessity) before X-Mas and dl'd the demo to EAW and now I'm wanting that...  haha.  It never ends.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #47 on: January 2, 2007, 05:46 PM »
I have not played in quite a while.  Since Empire at War, I haven't had the desire.  It doesn't help that I prefer FPS style games.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2008, 11:04 AM »
Would anyone be up for an online match sometime soon? I plan on putting this game back on my computer, mostly because I'm bored with Empire at War. Anyone interested in playing just shoot me a PM... I'm online a lot, so anytime is pretty much good for me.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2008, 06:03 PM »
Would anyone be up for an online match sometime soon? I plan on putting this game back on my computer, mostly because I'm bored with Empire at War. Anyone interested in playing just shoot me a PM... I'm online a lot, so anytime is pretty much good for me.

I'd be interested.

I've played a TON, but never online vs. a live opponent.

All I need is the 1st edition and the CW expansion pack software, plus my DSL connection, right?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2008, 09:57 PM »
Wow, someone replied.

Yeah, from what I remember you just exchange IP addresses with the person you play with. Depending on your preferences, it might be best to avoid the Clone Campaigns expansion. Air Cruisers get very annoying for me, but that's completely up to you.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2008, 09:39 AM »
I might not be horribly uninterested as well. It's been a while for me too.I have played on line with a friend once. Made everything much more exciting.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2008, 01:01 PM »
Cool stuff. Shoot me a PM if you want to work something out. I still am kinda bad at the game due to only playing it again a couple of weeks ago, but an online game would still be a lot of fun.