Author Topic: Do You Have Pets?  (Read 101306 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Have Pets?
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2007, 10:14 PM »
One fish.  A beta named Kirby.

I've got a male named Jabba and a female named Luminara.

What do you keep Kirby in?  How long have you had him?

This is what Jabba looks like:

I've got him in a cute little 5 gallon tank with a heater and a couple plants and a cave.

Kev used to breed these things.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2007, 12:29 AM »
Kev used to breed these things.

Roger that. Making the food for the babies was a bitch though, and you had to watch the batch like a hawk because after day 2, dad will decide to start eating the babies.

Right now I have a black cat named Spicy McHaggis!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2007, 01:28 AM »
My dog passed away this Sunday.  :-[ He was 15, and my family has had him for a little over 10 years.

Sorry to hear that, Reid.  I went through that in March last year, and there are really no words to convey how much it still sucks.

Hang in there.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2007, 01:32 AM »
Right now I have a black cat named Spicy McHaggis!

8)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Thoughts are with you on the loss of your dog Reid.  I know how pets can become such a member of your family, and it is always difficult to lose one.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2007, 03:56 PM »
I have 3 dogs Chihuahua's.  1 big black cat and 1 cockatiel-He whisles Andy Griffith all the time-It's cute,but after awhile :P
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2007, 06:15 PM »
My dog passed away this Sunday.  :-[ He was 15, and my family has had him for a little over 10 years.

I am so sorry to read about your loss.  On Good Friday, my beautiful Golden Lab, Brandy, also passed away.  The joy and memories she gave our family over the last 11 plus years will stay with us forever and I certainly understand your pain......
Beth

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2007, 06:29 PM »

I am so sorry to read about your loss.  On Good Friday, my beautiful Golden Lab, Brandy, also passed away.  The joy and memories she gave our family over the last 11 plus years will stay with us forever and I certainly understand your pain......

Beth -- I am so sorry to hear about Brandy -- I know how hard it is to lose your dog.  They become such an intregal part of your family that it creates such a hole when they're gone. :'(

Reid -- I'm sorry to hear about your dog too.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #173 on: May 3, 2007, 12:56 AM »
I have nine cats.
Wicket, Trickster, Mah-mah, Indy, Misha, Presto, Missy, Remy, and Jynx.

My mom has some newborn kittens at her house if anyone's in the Pensacola area in about seven weeks and wants one. Or two. Or four.

I was so sorry to see the posts from people who have recently lost pets.
I lost three of my cats in 2005, one to a heart condition, one to old age, one to old age and kidney failure. And he wasn't a pet, but my dad died last week. So, I can truly sympathize on the loss of your loved ones, furry or not.
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 3, 2007, 03:15 PM »
 :'( My cockatiel Leonard passed away Tues night he was 20 :'( :'( he must've had a heart attack one moment he was fine.I heard some commotion of him squawking.I thought he had his foot caught on something and he was lying down at the bottom of his cage :'(

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 3, 2007, 04:59 PM »
Sorry to hear about that- I just recently lost a pet, so I know how it feels.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 3, 2007, 07:15 PM »
Deanna and Reid, I am so sorry to hear about your parrot and your dog. It really sucks to lose pets. I feel I know how it feels more than anyone. Last year, I rescued a newt from a pond at the park. He was as good as dead, huge open wound across his chest, bruises everywhere, but I nursed him back to health. He was a great pet, so much personality. Pets really are like kids to me as weird as it may sound. Then, a few months later, I went to a wedding across the country, and left him with a 'professional' sitter. I got back, and there had been a heat spell. And the sitter neglected to do ******* anything, didnt turn up the A/C, anything. She couldve saved him, but after all I had done for him, all Id been through with him, he was dead. And that sucked!!! So once again, I am very, very sorry, and always sad to hear about it when others lose pets of their own.

My pet population currently consist of the family dog (a brainless beage named Nutmeg, her barking at flies drives us all nuts!), the extremely fat family cat with cowprints on his fur named Toby, the family cat we hardly ever see because shes so damn scared of everything named Cookie.

MY pets, that are MINE and not the family's are a beautiful bearded dragon named Irwin (hes got the best personality, he is something else!) whos still trying to grasp the POTF2 Action Collection Dewback being displayed right next to his cage for him to talk to. I also have two hissing cockroaches, I like them a lot, theyre actually great pets! I also had a great praying mantis named Kitik who passed away a couple months ago,who laid four eggsacs before she went! Im hoping they hatch soon, thatll be very cool. 600+ babies to name. Kitik, Jr., Kitik, Jr., Kitik, Jr., Kitik, Jr., Kitik, Jr.

I love having pets, they are really great to have around. Cool thread!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 3, 2007, 10:40 PM »
 :'( It's hard when you had them for so long :'( :'( I really missed him today.When I come home he would wolf-whistle and give me kisses

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 13, 2007, 04:04 PM »
I come home from school today to find a new surprise- Our new Westie, Duff. We had considered getting a new dog for the last couple months, and finally got one these past weeks. We rescued him from a shelter, and he's 3 years old.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #179 on: September 13, 2007, 05:12 PM »
Awesome Reid!  Glad to hear y'all adopted a new dog...it helps heal your heart even though it's tough to lose a pet.  My wife still grieves over our one Rottwieler we lost nearly a year ago...but we appreciate our other two dogs all the more knowing that we won't have them forever.

Speaking of which I promised them both a walk today!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.