Author Topic: Do You Have Pets?  (Read 101501 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Have Pets?
« Reply #285 on: June 17, 2013, 11:50 AM »
So sorry, Jesse.    :'(

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2013, 02:58 PM »
So sorry Jesse - that is really tough - especially after dealing with losing your cat. There is nothing quite as great as a good dog.   Making the decision to put them down is always heartbreaking :'(
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2013, 07:53 PM »
Just hard it all being at once...  or harder, I guess is what I mean.  It's a bit overwhelming...  That's how I feel at the moment is just overwhelmed.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 17, 2013, 09:50 PM »
Sorry to hear about your new loss, Jesse.  That is rough.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 17, 2013, 10:36 PM »
Very sad news. My sympathies.

The one cat I put down a year and half ago was a link to lost times, not all good, but places and people I'll never see again. I took her across country with me when I moved. I still remember her poking her head out the blinds of a second story Econo-Lodge motel room. I'd gone to get something to eat...I didn't tell the clerk I had a cat with me, but no one noticed. Heh.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 21, 2013, 07:20 PM »
That is a hell of a rough stretch Jesse, I believe our pets are part of our families and it must have tough to lose 2 members so close like that.  My condolences. 

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 10, 2015, 01:14 PM »
Had to put down our Great Dane, Buffy, yesterday after 13 years.  She was the only dog I ever owned and probably will be the last.  I don't think I could go through the last 3-4 months again with another dog.  It's just too hard.  For a big dog, she really did not have any major health issues.  It just ended up being her size that did her in.  The hips and knees just couldn't support her any more.  And considering that most Danes I've known or read about only live 7-9 years, she had a full life for sure.  I will definitely miss her...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 10, 2015, 01:44 PM »
Sorry to hear that.

That was an old Great Dane. Cool you got all those years.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 10, 2015, 01:48 PM »
Adopted two "male" rats from a Pocket Pet rescue group recently. We have had many rats but it never crossed our minds to question what the rescue said. When putting them away recently I asked my wife, "Why doesn't this one have testicles? Why is it so fat?" We now have 11 babies.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #294 on: May 10, 2015, 02:55 PM »
Sorry about your dog IAS, and I know how that feeling is.  It can change though over time.  It never is easy though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 10, 2015, 04:10 PM »
Sorry to hear about Buffy, that sucks. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #296 on: May 10, 2015, 05:09 PM »
Sorry to hear that IAS.  We lost our dog, Tia to bone cancer a couple of months ago.  She was the perfect dog, and a rescue to boot!

I know how you feel about being conflicted about getting another dog, I hope you reconsider.  If tou don't get another dog, you will miss out on all the joy having a loving dog brings you as well.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2015, 05:09 PM »
Adopted two "male" rats from a Pocket Pet rescue group recently. We have had many rats but it never crossed our minds to question what the rescue said. When putting them away recently I asked my wife, "Why doesn't this one have testicles? Why is it so fat?" We now have 11 babies.

I never heard of a rescue for rats before!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 10, 2015, 07:36 PM »
Sorry to hear Sith.  Its been almost 2 years since I had to put my Maggie down.  She was a 120lb Golden Lab 7 years old.  Rescue pup from Hurricane Katrina - the entire litter was born here in MN.  She had hip issues as well.  It's still difficult without her but I think its finally time to get another and I truly believe she would be sad knowing that I didn't get another dog.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 11, 2015, 08:15 AM »
So sorry for your loss.