Author Topic: Do You Have Pets?  (Read 101502 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Have Pets?
« Reply #345 on: January 17, 2017, 11:38 AM »
Sad to hear.

On a related note by wife gets choked up every time she see's the trailer for "A Dog's Purpose". 

Our dog is turning 11 and is on the slow downhill slide and I think the thought of life without our dog is becoming more real to her.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 17, 2017, 01:54 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Diddly.  Duke looked like a pretty awesome dog.  And that's a great picture.  Duke kind of reminds me of my old lab mix Pepper who we had when I was a kid.  And if Duke was as good a dog as Pepper, then you had a pretty awesome dog.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 17, 2017, 02:17 PM »
Sorry to hear that Diddly.   :(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #348 on: January 17, 2017, 05:55 PM »
Sad to hear.

On a related note by wife gets choked up every time she see's the trailer for "A Dog's Purpose". 

Our dog is turning 11 and is on the slow downhill slide and I think the thought of life without our dog is becoming more real to her.

If you don't get a tear in your eye after seeing that trailer, you have no soul!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 18, 2017, 01:04 AM »
Thanks guys. I had forgotten how bad it feels to lose a friend.

Nicklab, if Pepper enjoyed walking and sleeping and being around people as much as Duke did, then he was indeed awesome!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 23, 2017, 01:08 PM »
I didn't want to switch gears too quickly in a thread that can be really fun and happy or really sad... but I've been meaning to share for a week or two.

After what was honestly a pretty awful year or so leading up to and going through the aftermath of losing both dogs, we waited about 6 months and got a new one in December.  We knew we wanted another Boston, so we spent a lot of time looking at breeders and pet rescues and all that kind of stuff and eventually found someone we really liked and trusted and got on their waiting list.  As much as I love the idea of rescuing one, I decided that I wanted as young a dog as possible to put as much time between what we just went through and the day we'll have to do it again.

So the breeder called us in late November and said they'd had a litter... we got our pick of a couple and chose this one based on her markings and flat little face.  Our last two were Dante and Emerson after Dante Alighieri and Ralph Waldo Emerson, so we stuck with the literary theme and named our new girl Poe after Edgar Allan Poe (Star Wars tie-in is a bonus).

She's a total riot, has perfect breed standard markings, and is amazingly smart and well behaved for not even being four months old yet.  She sits, stays, is pad trained... she already fetches... she sleeps through the night, almost never whines... I'm really impressed with her.  I could post 500 photos and videos, but to avoid boring everyone, here's three.  It was 60 degrees here on Saturday, so we got to open the window and even go outside for basically the first time in her life:

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 01:12 PM by Rob »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 23, 2017, 01:41 PM »
Very cute.  Congrats on the new addition.  Puppies are the best. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 23, 2017, 08:45 PM »
She looks so sweet!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #353 on: January 24, 2017, 08:08 AM »
That shot of her looking out the window is the best!  I have a picture of Colin with Cora looking out the window at the snow that I have framed and will keep forever!

It's amazing how a new puppy can heal your heart!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 24, 2017, 10:35 AM »
That shot of her looking out the window is the best!  I have a picture of Colin with Cora looking out the window at the snow that I have framed and will keep forever!

It's amazing how a new puppy can heal your heart!

Yeah, I love the window shot, partially because it reminds me of when we moved to Chicago.  First day, as soon as my dogs found that they had a window with interesting things on the other side, this was what happened:

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 24, 2017, 01:33 PM »
She does!  She moves exactly like that too - you could tell Pixar used good reference for their animation - which you'd expect I suppose.

I thought it was going to be funny and silly...so we made the mistake of watching Feast for the first time right after we put our second Boston down in June.   it was, funny, but also so sweet and heart wrenching and heart warming that my wife and I basically cried our way through it. 

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 24, 2017, 02:23 PM »
It definitely is all those things. 

My boy LOVES this one.  When I finally bite the bullet and get him a dog, it will probably be one of these.  They are very cute!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 24, 2017, 03:29 PM »
This will be my third Boston now, and we've basically had one with the exception of 5 or 6 months since 2002.  Let me know if you have questions at any point.  I can talk all day about them. :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 21, 2017, 12:40 PM »
So Poe is close to grown up now... she's 8 and a half months old... and weighs about 9 pounds.  We're hoping she has a little more growing to do, but she's pretty awesome and being tiny gets her lots of attention.  We can't walk 10 feet in Chicago without someone stopping us to play with her.  Here's a photo from yesterday:

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:45 PM by Rob »