Author Topic: Do You Have Pets?  (Read 101488 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Have Pets?
« Reply #210 on: August 19, 2009, 02:54 AM »
Jesse, I hope everything works out okay.

Glad to hear she's ok, Rob!

Thanks Matt.

For the record, if your (your as in, anyone's) dog over-eats it's probably a good idea to get them looked at.  Bad things can happen if the food hardens in their stomachs.  It can be very serious and even fatal.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #211 on: August 19, 2009, 05:25 AM »
Indeed on overeating...  Especially with dogs.  They're instinct is sometimes to eat till they're ill because of food not being readily available to them, or so I hear.  Why cats don't do that, I don't know, but I've heard a lot of dogs will.  I think my lab would considering how she begs 24/7.

And thanks Rob...  I'm concerned.  If it's not one thing it's another it seems, and this is bothering me greatly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 19, 2009, 09:16 AM »
Rob - glad to hear that the pups are okay - those little rascals can get into a lot of trouble and cause a world of worry.

Jesse - sorry to hear about Tarkin.  I remember how hard it was when Hannah, my pug started getting older and things started going wrong with her little by little.  You worry over them and feel so bad for them.

When Hannah and her litter-mate Dudley were still quite small, my mom came to visit with Dudley.  I also had a black lab at the time who are gravy train.  We go to missing Dudley and found him buried deep inside the bag of Brownie's food.  We laughed and thought nothing of it and took the pups to a pet supply store.  My mom held the puppies in her lap on the short ride there.  Needless to say, Dudley started getting sick all over my mom and Hannah.  The thing is, when a dog eats Gravy Train dry, and then throws it back up, it makes gravy. :o
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 19, 2009, 04:23 PM »
Sorry to hear about Tarkin. I have a 17 year old cat who is in really good health other than he has gotten skinny over the years. I dread the day that changes.

I wanted to name our younger cat Wilhuff but my wife wouldn't let me so now he's Grand Moff Howie. Needless to say she calls him just Howie.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #214 on: August 19, 2009, 05:12 PM »
Wilhuff is a good one Nick, I like it.  I may borrow that for another cat someday.  I have Ozzel, Tarkin, Chaos, and Bob (female, but she doesn't have a tail, so she's "Bobcat" but we all call her Bob).  Then there's Yellow Dog.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 19, 2009, 06:30 PM »
Alright, we are in the new house, so it is time to bring something home to ruin the new carpet.... and here they are

More photos later, but 2 little Boxers.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 19, 2009, 06:52 PM »
They are adorable!  I love boxers - have always heard great things about them - namely that they are nothing but big babies.  What are their names?
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 19, 2009, 08:05 PM »
Holy crap Paul, that's awesome!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #218 on: August 19, 2009, 11:28 PM »
Awww!  Boxers are great dogs!  Have fun with them!

Jesse,

Sorry to hear Tarkin's not doing so well.  Older cats do tend to develop kidney problems, but hopefully it can be treated easily with medication.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 29, 2010, 03:49 PM »
Unless the vet says something we really aren't expecting to hear it looks like I'll be getting one of my rats euthanized tonight.

Rats are like little dogs which is cool, but they are like little dogs that only live three years which is not cool.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 18, 2010, 01:01 PM »
Got another rat yesterday. His name is IG88 or Iggy for short (and my wife's sake).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 18, 2010, 07:43 PM »
Happy to hear you got another Rat Nick!  Ish though - closest I came were 2 hampsters I got when I was 10 or 11.  Those things went to town and I soon had an entire city of those suckers.  They always peed & poo'd in those clear hampster balls though.  Ruined the experience.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 18, 2010, 08:37 PM »
3 cats.
Chase
Boomer
Dax

All insane.

CB