Author Topic: Do You Have Pets?  (Read 101881 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Do You Have Pets?
« Reply #255 on: May 11, 2012, 12:44 AM »
Sorry to hear that, Nick.  From reading earlier posts, it's obvious how much you cared for him.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 11, 2012, 11:03 AM »
Sorry to hear about your loss, Nick.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #257 on: May 12, 2012, 01:03 AM »
I'm sorry too Nick.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 14, 2012, 08:35 AM »
Thanks guys.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 1, 2012, 12:33 PM »
My cat Scamper is 20 years old today. I've had him since he was a kitten.

I'm hoping for his birthday HE gets ME the gift of peeing in his litter box more than half the time again.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 1, 2012, 12:41 PM »
Wow Nick!  Your cat has lived a long life   :)  Very cool

Wish I still had a pic somewhere in here of my pup Maggie when she was tiny.  She's going on 6 or 7 now and is having some hip problems...at home, but not on her walks.  Need to get that checked out me thinks.  She's an indoor dog and pretty much sleeps all day so I'm thinking she just lays on it too long.

Never thought she'd grow to be 125lb dog, but she's a great security system!! 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 11, 2012, 10:54 AM »
So my dog wound up tearing a ligiment in her knee a little while ago and took me time to find a vet through the shelter I got her at who wouldn't charge a ton of cash.  She's having surgery this morning and will be restricted to the lower level of my house for 6 weeks....and she has to wear the cone of shame.  Not sure how well that's going to fly but looking forward to her recovery.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 11, 2012, 11:30 AM »
Man... sorry to hear that.

One of mine got an ulcer on his eye this week... sounds worse than it is - some eye drops and an anti-infammatory and he's doing much better.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 11, 2012, 12:18 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  My dog tore her ACL at the end of May and $2000 later, she's better.  It sucked because she is a really, really active dog and with some of the "cooler" days we've had lately have really bothered her. But all in all, she's moving around full throttle again.  Here she is when I picked her up from the vet.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 12, 2012, 10:07 PM »
Forgive my dirty carpet, but this will soon be replaced.  My dog lives in my lower level while I'm at work.

Here she is almost fresh out of surgery.  She cries.....and I have 6 weeks to put up with this.  Not complaining, but she hates the cone and so do I, but it's neccessary.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #265 on: October 23, 2012, 11:09 PM »
This thread is full of memories. Some happy, some sad.

My new pets (cats) are a twin boy and girl, Rooster and Cricket. They were displaced as kittens after the tornado wiped out our town. Both are a complete pain in my ass, but I love 'em.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #266 on: October 24, 2012, 01:19 AM »
Very good of you to take them in Brad... 

I've got 3 feral kittens in my back yard that I'd LIKE to pick up and get fixed and re-release them.  I've got a neighbor bitching about it, but what am I gonna do ya know?  Their mother had them and they're not leaving because we feed a feral we did catch/release so she has steady food.  So they're sticking to what they know which is my shed out back.  I was set to tear it down this Summer and left it because of these 3 monkeys.  Wish I could catch them all at one time.

I'm worried I catch one or two and the third one freaks and leaves.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 24, 2012, 06:24 AM »
Jesse - you're so sweet.  We are in a different situation.  We live in a subdivision and our jackhole neighbor across the street has always let his cats run free.  The big male prefers to spend the last 8 years hanging out in the flowerbeds in our backyard killing birds and launching sneak attack the kids and the dog.  A couple of years ago a stray female came along and they have produced about 5 litters.  Guess where they like to live?  In everybody's yard but the owners.  They are all feral and nasty.  We spoke to our neighbor and they basically said they could give a crap about their cat - they only got it for the kids - and the kids are older and don't care anymore.  He said they put scraps out for the cats and he would be more than happy to put some anti-freeze in with them.  ::)  The first summer a litter appeared a few of us got traps from the animal shelter and got most of them - but they are like rats - they are everywhere and they are aggressive.  They get in our (and our neighbors) garages and one of the little dumbasses jumped on our nextdoor neighbors grill while he was grilling. It just pisses me off that people think it's okay to just let their cats roam free - but we take responsibilty with our dog and had him neutered and keep him in the house, fence or on leash.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #268 on: October 24, 2012, 07:44 AM »
Grilled cat is a delicacy in some places.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 24, 2012, 08:24 AM »
Maybe I have finally hit on that great home-based business that I have been looking for.  I already have all of my start-up materials.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(