Author Topic: 2005 DVD Thread  (Read 70559 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 DVD Thread
« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2005, 04:51 PM »
Found The Nightmare on Elmstreet complete box set today at Target for $39.99.  Not a bad deal with the $5 off coupon that was in my Sunday's paper.  Not sure if it's any cheaper anywhere is, but I haven't bothered to look.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2005, 05:14 PM »
The "F" word actually turned me away from this movie. It just seemed to have cheapened it entirely.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 12, 2005, 05:19 PM »
The "F" word actually turned me away from this movie. It just seemed to have cheapened it entirely.

Which movie?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2005, 05:40 PM »

I can only assume you're referring to The Big Lebowski? 

If so, I don't know if I agree with you - I think the profanity fit well with the characters.  Especially Walter.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 12, 2005, 06:00 PM »
The constant cussing is just part of the charm.

SilverZ

« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2005, 03:41 AM »
The "F" word really did tie the movie together, did it not?

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 13, 2005, 04:00 AM »
******* right it did  ;D

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2005, 01:17 PM »
Found The Nightmare on Elmstreet complete box set today at Target for $39.99.  Not a bad deal with the $5 off coupon that was in my Sunday's paper.  Not sure if it's any cheaper anywhere is, but I haven't bothered to look.

I ordered/recieved it about a week ago from DeepDiscount for about $36. Now if only the "Friday the 13th" set would come down. It needed to come down a lot sooner, prices on both.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2005, 02:08 PM »
Hey Bob - nice user name!

I take it you're an Arrested Development fan?

8)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 13, 2005, 10:13 PM »
A question about the Nightmare on Elm Street Boxed Set.

I have all the older DVD's (the red ones)... I'm wondering if there is anything different content wise about the nicer boxed set - I'm thinking about buying it and trading in my red versions - but only if there's a reasonable difference.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 13, 2005, 10:30 PM »

I have all the older DVD's (the red ones)... I'm wondering if there is anything different content wise about the nicer boxed set - I'm thinking about buying it and trading in my red versions - but only if there's a reasonable difference.

I haven't had a chance to watch any of mine yet, but aside from the awesome box, it does come with some 3-D glasses for Freddy's Dead #6, plus a booklet expaining every movie as well as an 8th disc titled "The Nightmare Series Encyclopedia" filled with bonus stuff including Docs, Trailers, interviews with all seven directors, MTV appearance, and and interactive Freddy for your DVD-ROM.

There's some special DVD-ROM trivia games entitled Dream World on every disc, but I'm not sure if the feature was on the originals or not.  All my discs say that they're remixed in 5.1 if that makes any difference.  Aside from that - there doesn't appear to be any additional content.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 14, 2005, 12:28 AM »

Only difference is Fullscreen isn't an option in the boxed set whereas it is in the singular releases. Some of the extras, as mentioned, were shifted to the Encyclopedia disc.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 17, 2005, 01:15 AM »
Thanks guys.

Back to the Big Lebowski DVD.

The older edition I've got says 1 hour 38 minutes on the box.

Amazon.com says the new DVD is 118 minutes.

That's a 20 minute difference - anyone know if this is confirmed?  I'd think they'd be advertising this heavily if it was an extended edition, but I can't find any real reference to it.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 17, 2005, 02:17 PM »
FYI, Batman Begins comes out tomorrow on a regular format and a Deluxe Two-Disc that includes a comic book.

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 17, 2005, 02:48 PM »
..and on top of that Circuit City is issuing a free lithograph with purchase, whereas Best Buy has a store exclusive lenticular cover.

Decisions, decisions.