Author Topic: New JD Review: Cloud Car Pilot  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New JD Review: Cloud Car Pilot
« on: March 23, 2005, 09:49 PM »
Another day, another review...

Cloud Car Pilot does a fly-by today in my review column here at Jedi Defender!  A grand figure if I may say so myself.  This guy's got everything a good army builder should have.

He's got lots of accessories that attach to him in holsters and on clips, he's got a removable piece of headgear, he's got pretty good articulation...  Is he great though?  Well, not perfect.  He's not a VOTC quality figure or anything, but he's not far off really either.

Plus he sports a great deco I think, based on McQuarrie art.  Gotta love that!

Read the full review RIGHT HERE!!!

Of course, let us know what you think too...  I've got a handful of these guys that I lucked into at the great Wal-Mart OTC Clearances, and a few I just picked up at random trips to stores.  This guy didn't sit on pegs long though around me.  The clearanced ones always were fresh to the pegs it seemed.

Hope you nabbed an army too because a lot of positive signs point to a Cloud Car in the future.  And even if those signs are false, you can always buy the vintage one that really holds up well even today!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
Re: New JD Review: Cloud Car Pilot
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 10:50 AM »
Nice job, Jesse. Interesting stuff about the McQuarrie concept connection.

I totally agree with you about this figure needing the vehicle for context. I took some pictures last August of this figure, and never got around to posting them. Here are a few without commentary:

"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: New JD Review: Cloud Car Pilot
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 03:02 AM »
Nice pics Dean!  He looks bitchin' with the CLoud Car actually.  To me, that ship is one of the best sculpts of the vintage line.  It's to-scale, it is simple (no features or anything), and it's completely accurate in every detail.

A little paint, and to me that's all I'd ever want with a Cloud Car.  It's the one reason I've never really been too vehement on getting the CC made too.  It's still one of the cheaper vintage ships to find and in good condition/complete even.  I'm planning to (if Hasbro doesn't come through) buy 2, and just set them up with the 2 EU Cloud Cars I have...  Like two different models of CC.

He's definitely one of my favorite army builders.  Little bummed on his arm articulation though.  Some angle-cut joints at the elbows would've taken him even further in coolness.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77