Author Topic: Clone Pilots! Now in black too...  (Read 8173 times)

Offline vegastrooper

• Jedi Initiate
  • whatever dude...
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Pilot!
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2005, 11:14 AM »
Hope I can find a few of these black variant clone pilots at retail...

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2005, 11:24 AM »
I don't get it. All black? That wasn't even in the movie.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2005, 11:38 AM »
Is is possible that this could be considered a V-wing pilot?  Obviously a V-wing pilot wasn't in the movie, but based on Attacktix's version of the V-wing pilot, the clone pilot repaint is pretty close.  The only major difference is that Hasbro's doesn't have the full helmet like a TIE Fighter pilot.

Might also mean that maybe a V-wing is coming.  The black pilot needs something to fly, doesn't he?  Of course, we have a Cloud Car pilot and he doesn't have **** to fly. ::)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2005, 11:41 AM »
I love the Clone pilot... it's a very good figure, and excellent custom fodder to boot.

As for this black variant, I don't have a problem with it... but I don't think it can be considered a V-Wing pilot, don't they have very different helmets?

:P

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2005, 11:46 AM »
IMO it looks like a way for Hasbro to tie in the two trilogies.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2005, 11:48 AM »

Helmet, gloves and boots are different.  So what, in my world the black clone pilot is going to fly my V-wing (if we ever get the damn thing).
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2005, 12:36 PM »
Personally, I love this variation and wouldn't mind getting a couple of them. In fact if the all black Clone Pilot was the clone pilot figure in the 501st Temple Raid five figure set, I'd be stoked.

Eventually we'll get the V-Wing and this will be its pilot. If you don't like the fact that it doesn't match the Attacktix figure, simply paint the helmet, gloves and boots gray - personally, I prefer all black.

It's sorta like the Evolution of the Clone Pilot - first there was the version in AOTC, then the more practical Clone Pilot uniform in ROTS which eventually turned to all All-black uniform which then later received a new helmet.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2005, 12:42 PM »
Perhaps the retailers returned the pegwarmers back and got them repainted.  Maybe Hasbro saw how well the Neimoidian Warrior custom repaints were selling on ebay. lol

one can only hope it is just the same figures. lol
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2005, 12:54 PM »
Of course, we have a Cloud Car pilot and he doesn't have **** to fly. ::)

Cynical old man.  I mean really, what do you expect Hasbro to do, create a brand new mold for a vehicle from a movie that's 25 years old?  Honestly, some of you guys have completely unrealistic expectations.  Oh sure, if there was already a cloud car mold out there they could use I would understand your request but we can hardly expect them to start from scratch ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2005, 01:20 PM »
Intressting choice. I don't think this many figures that never made it on screen have been produced before. :-\
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2005, 02:01 PM »
I guess it's okay and does look better than the one we have.  But the question is, will we be able to find this at retail?

I've been having really bad luck finding anything past the Tarkin wave (or even the SA clone trooper for that matter).

It'd be awesome if EE could team up with Hasbro and offer an exclusive case containing:

3 ea temple raid clonie
3 ea red shock trooper
2 ea SA clonie
2 ea black clone pilot
1 ea green commander
1 ea commader cody