Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Anakin Starfighter w/Figure  (Read 12423 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Anakin Starfighter w/Figure
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2005, 01:03 PM »
There's something strange about the price point on this.  I saw the Amazon listing for $29.99, but Hasbro had a pricetag of $19.99 for it at Celebration 3.  They have been wrong on their pricing though, since they listed the Target Clone Trooper for $9.99 at C3 and I got mine at Target for $12.99.

I can see the Obi-Wan version of this piece coming down the pipe at some point.  The blue Jedi Starfighter Obi-Wan takes to Utapau has to be coming, too.  I can't see Hasbro NOT taking advantage of completists like that.  Maybe KayBee will be picking that one up since they had the AOTC Obi-Wan with Starfighter.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2005, 07:51 PM »
I too am surprised the Blue Jedi Starfighter bronze dome R4 isn't coming down the pike either.

Perhaps if the Anakin one sells well, TRU will want it. I mean, how many versions of this Jedi Starfighter to we need really?

And don't forget we also saw Mace fly a purple one in the Animated Series - so that's another variant possibility.

I just wish they were giving us Anakin with a soft goods skirt so he could actually SIT in the fighter!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2005, 08:30 PM »
I too am surprised the Blue Jedi Starfighter bronze dome R4 isn't coming down the pike either.

It might very well happen.  Hasbro traditionally reveals their 3rd & 4th quarter exclusives at the big summer conventions.  Wait for Comic Con.

Feedback

SilverZ

« Reply #33 on: May 4, 2005, 03:16 AM »
One of the clips from the ROTS videogame shows Anakin landing on Mustafar, but the scene is so red that you can't see if the ship is actually white with green markings. It kinda looks like the bulk of the hull is white, but it is still a guess.

My Amazon order showed up today. I haven't opened the thing, mostly because I'm worried about a price adjustment, but also because I don't know what to do with the ship. From what I can tell, the figure is just Anakin #2, and the ship itself doesn't have any changes, but all of the stickers, including the interior ones, are all pre-applied. The text on the back of the box is horrible, too:

Anakin battles the enemy in his Jedi Starfighter! He uses his amazing piloting skills and mastery of the Froce to defeat his opponents in space combat! Re-create his daring missions and exciting adventures -- the mission to rescue Chancellor Palpatine, his daring chase after a mysterious pilot who is as skilled as he is, and his many encounters with the Separatists forces during the Clone Wars! Live the adventure!

Yo, Joe! WTF?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #34 on: May 4, 2005, 01:31 PM »
I guess they didn't want to mention the part about him flying the ship to Mustafar to murder the seperatist leaders.

Live the adventure!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: May 4, 2005, 04:54 PM »
Spoilers

Anakin and Obi-wan both lose their first fighters after the Battle of Coruscant, Obi's is pretty much destroyed in the battle and Anakin's isn't in much better shape and then both fighters are on the Invisible Hand when it crashes into the Planet.  So they get new ones, Anakin gets his green and white fighter that he takes to Mustafar and Obi gets his blue and white ship that he takes to Utapau. I guess this has pretty much been established in this thread already but I felt the need to say it again.  ::)

I'm down for more colored Jedi Starfighters. I'd like to see Mace;s purple fighter as well. The only thing that sucks is the damn pack ins. What is the point of putting it in there if it doesn't fit?I is just a waste. They could at least pack in a kit bashed figure, like Anakin's ROTS head on an ROTS Anakin body with Jedi council Mace legs, hell the whole JC Mace would be better. I guess we can't expect that since Hasbro seems to be in for the cheap buck, most of the time.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2005, 04:56 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2005, 09:06 PM »
Showing up in various TRU stores now!  $30 a pop though...  :-\

SilverZ

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2005, 09:23 PM »
Yep, saw it at TRU this afternoon. $29.99, just like on Amazon.com. Pretty damn pricey for the same ship a third time, a pegwarming figure, and a headband.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2005, 11:29 PM »
*sigh* I'll have to check the TRU near where I work tomorrow - I went there today at lunch time and they had lots of boxes everywhere, but I didn't see the starfighter in any of the boxes clearly marked. Perhaps I'll find it tomorrow.

Of course, my OCD will force me to buy two.... *grr*
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2005, 05:31 PM »
I just picked one up and opened it. Destined to gather dust at a store near you. Pack in figure is the same except for the hair which is lighter than the carded version.  Same headband from Clone Wars line, and the action feature makes it a bitch to seat properly in the cockpit.  The only plus for me is I really like the  green they used. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2005, 02:28 PM »
I just got this today and it's not too terrible.  I was able to get the Anakin into the Starfighter, but the action feature is pointless.  The ship itself is ok...the green is nice, but I don't like the white color it came with.  Not a huge deal, but I like the gunmetal grey color they used as the base for the other two (or three) that have been released.

I also bought a Saesee Tiin to put in the Cockpit of the green one.  Now all I need is the #56 Obi-Wan and all my ships will have pilots!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2005, 02:42 PM »
This may seem silly, but you know what I like about this piece?  Hasbro put the decals on at the factory!  That was one of the biggest hassles about the Sneak Preview fighter & the Obi-Wan fighter:  it was IMPOSSIBLY DIFFICULT to get the decals well placed in the cockpit.  Thanks for doing it on this one, Hasbro.

Feedback

Offline Avenging Knight

• Jedi Initiate
  • Guardian of Truth and Justice..and stuff like that
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2005, 02:54 PM »
At 30 bucks I think I'll pass on this one. I saw it this morning at TRU and wasn't very impressed. Down the road if i see it on clearence for 15 or 20 bucks maybe I'll pick it up.

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2005, 05:05 PM »
can anyone please confirm that the anakin figure is EXACTLY the same as the #2 regular release anakin besides the addition of the headgear? if it is the same i will probably pass on this. any help would be much appreciated.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2005, 07:00 PM »
I was at TRU and it looks the same to me. 8)
Gatillo
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.