Author Topic: PEZ dispensers  (Read 12558 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
PEZ dispensers
« on: April 30, 2003, 05:12 PM »
I have just received the rest of my needed Star Wars PEZ dispensers to finish my collection, but I have a question for everyone here.  Half of these are in their original baggies, and the others are loose.  I want to display them, and would probably want to just remove them from their baggies.  But, would that totally destroy the value of these?  I don't know the value of Star Wars PEZ dispensers, so if anyone could give me some insight here I'd appreciate it.  Thanks!
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: PEZ dispensers
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 07:04 PM »
The Pez dispensors ain't worth squat really.  I've got a set of all 9 OT ones.  They came either carded or bagged.  There were also 3 additional ones released for AOTC (plus 2 rehashes).  Mine were all bagged, though I think they look much better on a card.  But yes Chris, taking them out of the bags will ruin what tiny bit of value they even had (which is basically what they retailed for, if that).  But since these are basically worthless, you shouldn't be picking these up if you're interested in their value really.  But rather just for the hell of it, as they're fun and unique (and occasionally useful) collectibles.

Here's an auction for the 9 OT carded ones for $10, that ended with no bids on it - if that gives you any indication of their value (or lack thereof)...
Complete set of 9 Star Wars Pez

Here's an opened set of all 9 (with a few extras) that ended for $2.24...
13 loose SW Pez

Here's a COMPLETE set of all 12 Pez dispencers (including the 3 AOTC ones) that ended for $11...
Set of 12 SW Pez

Here's a case of 24 that ended for $12.95...
24 SW Pez Case

Bagged set of all 12 for $10 ending with no bids:
Bagged set of 12 SW Pez

Best way to ever check on the value of stuff, is just to type that item into eBay's search box, have it search (which will give you active auctions), and then click "Completed Auctions" (over to the left).  That will give you a pretty accurate idea of the current market value of pretty much anything on the planet.  Here's the completed SW Pez auctions (all 396 of them)...
Completed Star Wars Pez auctions

So anyways, you can see that they ain't worth scratch - one dollar each at most.  But they're fun little collectibles to have anyways.  Open 'em up and enjoy.  Or for just $5 - $10 go get yourself a second set of all 12 and keep it sealed so you can have it both ways...   :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2003, 07:21 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 07:09 PM »
For anyone wondering what the "Complete set" of Star Wars Pez dispencers consists of, here ya' go:

9 releases from several years ago from the Original Trilogy:
1) Princess Leia
2) X-Wing Pilot Luke
3) Chewbacca
4) Yoda
5) C-3PO
6) Darth Vader
7) Boba Fett
8 ) Stormtrooper
9) Wickett

3 (really 5) releases from AOTC:
1) Jango Fett
2) Clonetrooper
3) R2-D2
4) Yoda (rehash from above)
5) C-3PO (rehash from above)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2003, 07:12 PM by JediMAC »

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 09:19 PM »
I have all of the SW PEZ(no rehashes, though :P) and I don't really care about the value, whatever it may be. Like Matt said, they're unique. Also, it's the only SW collectible that I can be sure I'll have the complete collection of. ;)

I just leave them loose:

http://www.jedidefender.net/hosted/coleman/images/aP4130006.jpg

;D

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2003, 10:32 PM »
I knew they really didn't have much value, so I almost don't know why I even posted this to begin with.

As far as the list of figures that you mentioned about Matt, there were two other ones made that are extremely valuable.  There was the silver Darth Vader and the gold C-3PO that are currently valued at $115.  There were only 500 of each made, and I would love to get one of these.  I don't own these PEZ dispensers because of value purposes, but I just didn't want to open them up if they might appreciate over time.

I'm going to rip them open for display.    :)

Thanks for the tid-bit fellas.
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 1, 2003, 09:36 PM »
Come one, come all......

For only 25 bucks a pop, you can order each of the three new LE Crystal Star Wars PEZ dispensers:

http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2828
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 1, 2003, 11:20 PM »
Dang, wife was in here when I clicked on that.  She asked if there were idiots that would pay that much for a Pez dispenser.  

Probably not worth trying to hide it, cuz she'd eventually find it anyway.  Where's that link to the master replica...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: May 2, 2003, 12:24 AM »
Here's a better link to those new $25 collectible PEZ dispensers... http://pezco.securesites.com/store/products/products.php?categoryID=81.

Now I want to get these too!!!
dustrho

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #8 on: May 5, 2003, 01:48 AM »
I don't think I can bring myself to pay $25 for a PEZ dispenser, although I'd love to have them all in the collection.  I'd never even heard about the gold and silver ones - I hope that's real gold and silver plating for $115.

My husband just rolled his eyes.

I've got all the regular PEZ in baggies and a couple on cards. I also nabbed a couple of SW PEZ displays from the Joann's Fabric store, so whenever we get the new house, hopefully that's how I'll be displaying 'em.

Auriette
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Jango Fettish

« Reply #9 on: May 5, 2003, 02:58 AM »
Hmmph. I was really hoping for a *particular character*, wink wink-nudge nudge, but oh well.

These just don't seem $25 nice, maybe $10-$15.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #10 on: May 5, 2003, 10:29 AM »
Hmmph. I was really hoping for a *particular character*, wink wink-nudge nudge, but oh well.

I wonder which character you're talking about here.  I really wouldn't have the slightest clue.  Boy, do you have me stumped!

HEHE!
dustrho

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #11 on: May 5, 2003, 11:46 AM »
I have the Star Wars Pez things. I opened them up and had them on one of my shelves before I packed them away. They are neat and add some fun.

There new $25.00!!! Pez. Are they really crystal of just translucent plastic?

« Last Edit: May 6, 2003, 01:09 PM by Boba Binks »
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #12 on: May 7, 2003, 09:42 AM »
Are they really crystal of just translucent plastic?

They're made out of translucent plastic.  If they were made out of crystal (which actually would be very cool) these would be a few hundred dollars or more (a piece).
dustrho

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 8, 2003, 07:27 PM »
I also nabbed a couple of SW PEZ displays from the Joann's Fabric store, so whenever we get the new house, hopefully that's how I'll be displaying 'em.

Auriette

Hey, that's where I got mine too!!  I only have about 10 but I like them, but I'm not getting the ones for $25.00.  
BTW, do the "crystal" ones come with candy??
Beth

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #14 on: June 5, 2003, 02:56 PM »
Well in the mail today I received a set of the PEZ. My dad bought them for me as a surprise. They are the same as the previos versions of the pez just in clear plastic except for C-3P0. He is all nice and shinny gold plated metalic. I sent some images in to Chris so that he may post them on the front page or something.

If he does not use them, then I will take some more images and post them for all to see.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com