Author Topic: PEZ dispensers  (Read 12476 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: PEZ dispensers
« Reply #15 on: June 5, 2003, 03:27 PM »
Well in the mail today I received a set of the PEZ. My dad bought them for me as a surprise.

That was so awesome of your dad to do that for you!  How did he happen to find out about them?  My dad doesn't surf the Net, but luckily he hits all the garage sales by his house.  It seems that about every weekend he has found something nice for me.  :)

So, do you think they're worth the money?
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 5, 2003, 09:03 PM »
Got my PEZ today as well! And in an odd creepy coincedence, my parents bought them for me as a surprise!  :o

I think they are cool, and I dont feel right about complaining about a gift, but for $25.00 each, the packaging is kind of cheap. But, I didnt pay for them so I am quite greatful to get them! :) They are pretty neat though! Im glad to own them, and would probably buy them had my folks not bought them for me! :)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #17 on: June 5, 2003, 09:41 PM »
Someone want to call my parents and tell them to buy these PEZ dispensers for me???   ;)
dustrho

Jango Fettish

« Reply #18 on: June 6, 2003, 12:07 AM »
David's photo is on the front page, but whats a "collectable".

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2003, 04:43 PM »
My dad gets these funky magazine at his work and saw them. So he order a set for me.

Jango Fetish asks "but whats a "collectable".  
- A collectable is from what I know a table that is very saught after. It looks  like any other ordinary table but a collectable is different. It has no dings or knicks in it and is very shinny. In otherwords it is in very good condition. Some people will pay thousands of dollars for such a fine item to have in their dining room when it is made out of quality wood, not some fabricated wood material. When they acquire it they usually sit down around it and eat food.

Ok now I am being a smart @$$. :)

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: ROTS PEZ
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 12:36 AM »
I'm not finding a Pez thread, so I'll just pop this here.

Found several new Pez dispensers at Wal-Mart today, on an endcap near the Easter stuff. That's right, endcap. About four or fice boxes chock full of 'em.

I scored Grievous, the Death Star, R2-D2, Sidious in red robe, and a Wal-Mart exclusive (it says on the box, anyway) Emperor Palpatine in black robe. It has a glow-in-the-dark face, to boot. Predictably, the Sidious and Palpatine have the same mold.

They also had Chewie, Vader, and Yoda, but I've had those ones for years.

Merged your post into the PEZ thread here, Ben! - Matt  (which I see Brian already found...)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 07:56 PM by JediMAC »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2005, 09:08 AM »
Old thread....but after seeing the new batch yesterday, I thought I would resurrect it.  While checking out at Wal-Mart yesterday, I came across an endcap full of the ROTS PEZ dispensers.  I wanted to pick up a Chewbacca one, and did, but after seeing them all (and at 94 cents each), I also picked up Vader, C-3PO, and the "exclusive" glow in the dark Emperor ones.  I might end up going back and getting the regular Emperor and Grievous that were there as well.  Sort of an impulse buy, but I'm glad I got them, and thought they might be a fun (and affordable) area to add to the collection.  Do any of you collect the PEZ line?  How extensive is it in general?  The only one I had prior to these was a Yoda one that was thrown in an ebay auction I won awhile back.  They are nice from the price and space standpoint, and a fun item to vary the collection a bit.  Anyone else a PEZ collector?  Which ones do you have?

Edit:  Looking back in this thread, I see a nice complete list provided by Matt, so it looks like there isn't too terribly much to pick up.  I might try to eventually complete a collection, maybe after ROTS dies down a bit.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 09:10 AM by mosnab »

Offline Blue_Harvester

• Jedi Initiate
  • Great Googly-Moogly
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 6, 2005, 03:29 PM »
About the earlier-mentioned $25 Pez.. these are the ROTS 1-foot-tall dispensers.

Instead of them each dispensing one candy, when you tilt the head back, it
dispenses one whole 'refill pack'.  They also play music and voice...

Ive got the
12" Vader (shiny chrome finished)
12" C-3PO (shiny gold-plated look finished)
12" Yoda (transluscent green head)

and Ive heard of the 12" GenGreivous (now available on SWS.com)

Also, is the regular-sized GITD (glow in the dark) emperor really an *exclusive* ?

I havent seen it anywhere.

-BH
Han shot FIRST. Luke threw TWICE. And it was THX-1138 who wasn't at his post on the big screen back in '77. And I first learned that Vader was Luke's dad in the cinemas at the Tampa Bay Mall in 1980.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 6, 2005, 03:45 PM »
You know, about a week or two ago, our local Wal-Mart had a huge endcap full of ROTS pez dispensers, and the next time we were there, it was gone.  All I have seen since then are a couple C-3POs in the smaller, register display (alongside Batman, Donald Duck, and other PEZ dispensers).  I did get a chance to pick up the Glow in the Dark Emperor, and it does say "Wal-Mart Exclusive" on the packaging.  The ones I have seen (and picked up) so far are:

GITD Emperor (WM Exclusive)
Regular Emperor - missed this one, red robe
Boba Fett - reissue likely, but I've never gotten it
Death Star
C-3PO
Chewbacca - looks like a new sculpt to me
Darth Vader
General Grievous

I've heard that Yoda and R2-D2 have been out there too, but I haven't seen them.  I still need to get the R2 eventually.  They are still sitting in package in a closet right now, haven't decided how to display them.  Do any of you display your collections?  I was thinking about opening them up and putting them together that way.  Something "different" to have as part of a collection, I suppose.  I could be wrong, as I didn't look close, but I could have sworn I saw those large scale PEZ dispensers at TRU yesterday.  Maybe I'm just dreaming that up or something.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #24 on: April 6, 2005, 04:48 PM »
I may be wrong but I think Chewbacca is an old sculpt but with an updated (and better) paint job. I'll definately be on the lookout for the PEZ stuff, though - I think I've got every one of the SW PEZ they've put out (except the exclusive stuff).

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 6, 2005, 08:56 PM »
Scored the Big Chewie Pez today at Target in Pasadena.  They also had Darth Vader, R2, and C3-PO.  The price is $19.99.

Offline Blue_Harvester

• Jedi Initiate
  • Great Googly-Moogly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 2, 2005, 03:25 PM »
This bigun'z must be a hit, cuz they're making more and more...  Now there's
a foot tall Greivous, and Deathstar (swshops.com)

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=2530;category_id=314;pcid1=;pcid2=

I gotta resist my completism on these...

-BH
Han shot FIRST. Luke threw TWICE. And it was THX-1138 who wasn't at his post on the big screen back in '77. And I first learned that Vader was Luke's dad in the cinemas at the Tampa Bay Mall in 1980.

Offline pakledjim

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2005, 04:35 PM »
I'm a Pez head and have all the current ROTS Pez on card (for displaying on card) and bagged so I can take them out and display them loose. I also like to get them autographed, mostly for my friend who's the bigger Pez head of the 2 of us. I got him David Prowse on Vader Pez, James Earl Jones on Vader Pez, Matt Wood an Grevious Pez, Anthony Daniels on C-3PO, Kenny Baker on R2, Jeremy Bulloch on Boba, Peter Mayhew on Chewbacca, Peter Diamond on Stormtrooper, Warrick Davis on Wicket, Temeura Morrison on Jango and Ray Park on a homemade Darth Maul.
 As I stated above I customize Pez and Pez body parts. Here's some of my work
http://www.geocities.com/joe_kisenwether/swpez

jiM

traded with:darthmaul94, Big Mac, Captain J Sparrow, starwax137,

Offline Darth Revan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2005, 06:22 PM »
are wal mart was selling them before they were soposed to come out then we just bought them.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2005, 10:36 PM »
Picked up Chewie the other day. Great new sculpt on that one!