Author Topic: Target Coupon... Some hope?  (Read 3837 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Target Coupon... Some hope?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2005, 10:29 AM »
Well - I got my coupon so that means I will be buying a majority of the figures I need at Target.

I will pick up some Army Builders at TRU during MM, only because I'm worried about getting everything I need - especially if there are limited numbers of the Clone Commander/Pilot/AT-TE Gunner waves. If I also come across three Red Royal Guards and two blue Senate Guards at TRU, I'm grabbing them there too.

I'm debating my strategy on what to do in Target. I already plan on being pretty close to the front of the line, but I'm worried that if I go shopping for figures BEFORE I purchase the Vader, the Red Lava Vaders will be all gone (even though I have a ticket in my hand). So I think what I'll do is take myself, my wife and my son, grab our three tickets and immediately go purchase the Lava Vaders. At that time I'll send my wife on her way with the Vader booty and then I'll head to the back of the store to shop for the rest of the figures I need. It might mean I might miss out on some of the later figures, but that's a small price to pay to ensure getting three MOC/Mint Clamshell Lava Reflection Vaders.

Hey - here's a question though - the coupon simply says "Present this at Target on April 2 to receive $1 off every Star Wars action figure purchased."

Does that include the Vader? Does that include Deluxe Figures? Does that include 12" and Unleashed Figures?

It would be great if it did - does anyone know if this coupon only applies to the basic $5.99 figures?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 10:33 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2005, 10:43 AM »
Does that include the Vader? Does that include Deluxe Figures? Does that include 12" and Unleashed Figures?

It would be great if it did - does anyone know if this coupon only applies to the basic $5.99 figures?

No one really knows at this point.   :-\

It sounds like their will be some sort of scan-sheet at the register that tells the cashier/register what to do... but it isn't really clear if it's just the basic figures or ALL figures. 

I agree that that would be an even bigger bonus to the day if you got $1 off deluxe, unleashed, and 12" figures too!

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2005, 12:20 PM »
I got one at work today.  Very curious indeed.  I get toys shipped here but everything comes in my "real" name, not to "Beth".  However, this postcard came to Beth in care of the name of the company I work for.  Confused but extremely happy I got one!!!! :D
Beth

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2005, 01:04 PM »
Side note:

Does this coupon/ad or whatnot mention anything about a light up gift card, featuring lord vader? My Target Employee friend was explaining somthing to me about coupons and gift cards for the event.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2005, 05:07 PM »
Side note:

Does this coupon/ad or whatnot mention anything about a light up gift card, featuring lord vader? My Target Employee friend was explaining somthing to me about coupons and gift cards for the event.

Kevin

Nope.  The coupon just states $1.00 off every Star Wars action figure and the post card shows a picture of Vader and when/where/why information. 

FYI:  When I got home, I had three more postcards waiting for me.  One to my son and two more to me (one with my full name and one to "Beth").  No idea what mailing lists these are coming off of but obviously more than one!!
Beth

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2005, 07:07 PM »
I sure do hope that either my wife or I get one soon!!!   :(

:P