Author Topic: FFURG & The Forgotten Force Are Going To C3!  (Read 7448 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: FFURG & The Forgotten Force Are Going To C3!
« Reply #15 on: April 5, 2005, 06:53 AM »
Bring 'em on by Jess, no doubt we'll help you with getting a headcast, paint him up...  Something definitely cool and different to add to your shelf.

There's a lot of potential to expanding your display shelves within the customizing hobby, so I think you'd dig checking things out.  We have lots of stuff to display, so make sure you come by the booth or just find me and I'll run you by and introduce you to the gang...  I'll likely be with the JD guys as it is, if not by myself wandering around the show.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2005, 06:42 PM »
I've been checking out the FFURG schedule at C3, and it sounds like the "Figure Construction" session will be a good way to get started on customs.  I mentioned a while ago that I've never done this before, so getting some info straight from the "pros" will be a great way to start!   :)

Just a quick question though.  As I understand it, the BYOB project can be done at any time during C3.  So would you guys recommend any of your other seminars before trying to tackle the transform-your-imperial project?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2005, 01:34 AM »
Well the BYOB is a simple way to just get new heads on your figures via help from the booth staff. If you're not comfortable with doing something, we'll be doing it for you, most notably the work of swapping heads. For those absolutely new to customizing, the general Q&A sessions, the Figure Construction sessions, and Painting sessions are the best places to start. Hope that helps, if not let me know and I can expand on it further.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2005, 04:49 AM »
Just a reminder of the specifics for the FFURG/Forgotten Force booth at the Fan Fair Exhbit Hall for Celebration 3...

What: FFURG and The Forgotten Force Customizing Group's Fan Club Table at
The Fan Fair Exhibit Hall at Star Wars Celebration 3
When: April 21st through April 24th 2005
Where: Indianapolis Convention Center, Indianapolis Indiana

For Full Details Click Here

We'll be there when the Fan Fair Hall opens on Thursday, so we'll be still setting up, but please stop on by and say Hi!

See you at Celebration 3!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: May 2, 2005, 01:35 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and unsticky this one finally, since C3 has come and gone now.  But I wanted to say thanks to the FFURG crew for putting up a great booth out there in Indy.  So kudos to Jason, Ryan, Jesse, and the rest of you brilliant customizers who were involved.  It was great to stop by a number of times, and watch the customizing process in action, and see some of the incredible end results.

Just wish you guys didn't have to make it looked so damned easy...  :P

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 2, 2005, 07:07 PM »
Thanks to the JD Crew for helping us publicize what was going on. It was a fun time, if not a bit hectic at times. It's definitely something we want to do again in the future, so keep your eyes and ears peeled.

A big shout out to Ryan for helping us out a lot at the show, we couldn't have done it without you buddy!

Matt: customizing is super easy, come join us on the FFURG side  ;D
« Last Edit: May 2, 2005, 07:07 PM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: May 2, 2005, 09:50 PM »

Matt: customizing is super easy, come join us on the FFURG side  ;D

It is your destiny! You cannot avoid it! :P :) ;)

Jason, again it was no problem. I had so much fun, you guys were doing all the hardwork anyway. I'm just glad I could be of some help, count me in again for C4! :)
« Last Edit: May 2, 2005, 09:51 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: May 4, 2005, 01:23 AM »
How DARE you unsticky my topic!?

Eh, yeah, it was time to come down, I just haven't gotten to it.  All about a new one for C4 though!  Wooo!

Matt WANTS to customize, he just needs another thing to collect/be into I'm sure.  ;)  Seriously though Matt, you know you wanna start breaking figures apart and making them anew.  I know you do, you know you do...  Just accept it!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77