Author Topic: Clone Trooper #6 - Worth Army Building  (Read 15948 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Clone Trooper #6 - Worth Army Building
« on: April 1, 2005, 11:20 AM »
I know, I know - some people hate this figure because of the action feature... but having one in hand really opened my eyes.  If this is considered "crappy" then we are in for a real treat this year with the ROTS army-builders.

To me, an army builder needs to have two things to make it fun -

- good sculpt
- nice articulation

This one has both... the sculpt is great, and the articulation is awesome... the following points are articulated -

- head
- right shoulder
- left shoulder
- right elbow
- left elbow
- right wrist
- left wrist
- right hip
- left hip
- right knee
- left knee
- right ankle
- left ankle

Plus, 7 of these are ball-jointed.  The only thing missing on him is waist articulation...

His left shoulder armor is also removable, and can be replaced with a piece that has the Republic insignia on it...

So, what's not to love about this figure?  His action feature does not draw away from the figure in the slightest... plus his joints are all stiff and not loose...

I know some people said they were passing on this one in favor of the AT-TE Gunner #38 and Clone Trooper #41... but this figure is nothing to be ashamed of. 

I say enjoy this one, he will blend in well with the others, and why chance the other two being hard to find, and having passed on this one when you had the chance?  It's a hell of a lot better than the Clones in the SAGA lineup... and IMO rivals the SA Clone Wars Clone.  Plus this guy does have peg holes in his feet.   ;)

:P

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Trooper #6 - Worth Army Building
« Reply #1 on: April 1, 2005, 11:25 AM »
I will be getting at least one of these, maybe 2 tonight. ;D
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 1, 2005, 11:27 AM »
My goal is for 2 or 3 of these tonight, depending on how many Blue guards I find. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 1, 2005, 11:29 AM »
Yeah, from the pics I've seen it looks to be a pretty nice figure...action feature or not.  I'm definitely hoping to grab at least 1 tonight, depending how many are there.  I might get a few, but I like to leave some for everyone else to get to, before I start army building.  I might wait for the later trooper to do multiples though, we'll see.  Like you said, this one might be easier to find :).  I really like the look of this trooper, compared to the AOTC version as well.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 1, 2005, 11:46 AM »
Hey, I said I liked it.  Really, I did.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 1, 2005, 02:06 PM »
Right now my ROTS army has one damn Clone... ha ha... after tonight, I'm hoping for about a dozen or so, and then to keep getting 2-3 at a time when I go on toy runs.

I think this will be the most common on as it is in the first wave of Collection I.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 1, 2005, 05:25 PM »
I'll get maybe three or four, but not much since we ARE getting an SA version later. So it's worth army building for now.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 2, 2005, 02:12 PM »
Right now my ROTS army has one damn Clone... ha ha... after tonight, I'm hoping for about a dozen or so, and then to keep getting 2-3 at a time when I go on toy runs.

I think this will be the most common on as it is in the first wave of Collection I.

You are correct CHEWIE, this figure is stellar.  I already gathered 25 of these between 2 trips to WalMart and 1 to TRU.  I plan on having about 50 total.  Outstanding figure.  You're right, at most the SA clone can only have waist articulation added.  And I love how the armor on the left shoulder can be changed and has both types of rifles included.  I can't leave this figure on the shelf, I tried.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 2, 2005, 04:08 PM »
I'm not going to Army build this one - the giant gap between his legs is too much for me to drop a bunch of money on them.  Maybe if they go cheap.

As it stands - the SA clone is coming out and there's that Tank Gunner...those are the ones I"ll be after.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 2, 2005, 04:22 PM »
I'm not going to Army build this one - the giant gap between his legs is too much for me to drop a bunch of money on them.  Maybe if they go cheap.

As it stands - the SA clone is coming out and there's that Tank Gunner...those are the ones I"ll be after.

Dude, dont do yourself dirty. At least pick up one. You could always trade it off later.

Kevin

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #10 on: April 2, 2005, 05:05 PM »
I've got four of them, and they're awesome. The action feature isn't obtrusive, at least IMO.

I'll be buying more of these, for sure.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 2, 2005, 05:09 PM »

Dude, dont do yourself dirty. At least pick up one. You could always trade it off later.

Kevin

I picked up my obligatory one to open and one to keep carded.  Other than that, I'm going to wait for the REALLY good clones.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 2, 2005, 05:11 PM »
Oh ok. I thought you were just gonna hold out on it.

Kevin

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 2, 2005, 07:24 PM »
Big yes for me.  I picked up 10 of these suckers today.  With all the pegwarming possiblities out there now, I cant see most stores reordering for a while. So the next couple waves of Clones will probably be scarce. 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: April 2, 2005, 07:49 PM »
I grabbed 5 of these guys last night as well as 3 Clone Commanders and Clone pilots (and several other figures) . I absolutely love them all. I will be asrmy building with what ever cloneI can find. As for the CCs and Cps I got half of all of them known to be found in CO... ;D ;D

I am also happy to report that I opened every single one. I don't think I'll ever to be able to keep them on a card. ;) It feels good to break that habit.  :)
"This is the way."