Author Topic: Clone Trooper #6 - Worth Army Building  (Read 16004 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Trooper #6 - Worth Army Building
« Reply #30 on: April 4, 2005, 12:32 AM »
Maybe he will fit on a BARC Speeder and the AT-RT then too.  Will find out tomorrow.   :)

:P

Did you take a day off from work lol?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 4, 2005, 12:42 AM »
Yeah Famine - actually I did.  For 2 reasons -

(1) I knew I wouldn't get ANY sleep Friday night (I actually did not even fall asleep, although I tried

(2) I went to a bachelor party yesterday that started at 12pm noon.  We started with 4 hours of Dodgeball (while drinking) and then we went to a lot of bars, and it did not conclude until 5am this morning. 

I actually went almost 48 hours without sleeping.  That was not part of the plan, but I am thanking God that I decided to take a vacation day tomorrow.

The funny thing is, 26 people played Dodgeball yesterday... nobody can move a single muscle in their body today without whimpering and whining.  I hurt everywhere from the neck down.  Even my toes hurt.

My buddy said that he didn't even feel that sore after boot camp!  And we aren't even hung over... I expect to still be sore for several days.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 4, 2005, 12:44 AM »
I'll shoot you an email in a sec about the dodge ball.

Can anyone post pictures of the Clone kneeling? I can't seem to get him to kneel right!

Kevin

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 4, 2005, 09:02 AM »
I picked up two of these this weekend, but haven't had a chance to open anything yet...but they sure do look cool in the package.  It was definitely one of the hottest figures at the stores I went to this weekend, and was one of the tougher finds.  I'm really looking forward to the #41 Clone though, that one looks even more fantabulous :).

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 4, 2005, 01:44 PM »
Crap, I forgot there's a better SA version coming out!  I bought three of these to open.

This one is okay but the right arm is pretty much static and has that stupid quick draw feature!

Not bad, but I'd trade them for SA's anyday!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 5, 2005, 01:39 PM »
I'm just as happy with these as I am the CW SA Clone. I will be hard pressed not to pick a few more up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 5, 2005, 01:44 PM »
I think this is a great figure - the action feature really doesn't detract from the poseability of the figure. In fact, since I didn't get any Clone Pilots (very scarce in New Jersey) - I currently have the two I got to open, plus the one I got out of my opener cup w/figure set all at the controls of my open ARC-170 - all three of them fit just fine in the cockpit.

They can be put into a variety of poses which is a nice bonus too.

Comparing this figure to the preview Clonetrooper from AOTC or even the Clone Commander that came out in the regular Saga line - this figure blows both of them out of the water, especially since it has the ability to assume both a neutral and a wide variety of action poses.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 5, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Yep, I really do appreciate Hasbro doing this good of a job on the first version of this figure. 

I need to get about 20 more.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #38 on: April 5, 2005, 04:35 PM »
I am a huge fan for the Clone #6.  He's almost as poseable as the SA Clone, and I've been able to have him do just about anything I could want him to do in my dioramas (including holding that rifle at attention with two hands or aiming at an enemy).

I've only opened one so far, but I can't wait to stand a line of 10 or so of them behind an Angry Anakin.    ;D

One thing that should be noted. I hear the Target Cup version of this clone is the identical figure WITHOUT the action feature. While I doubt they'll ever be "common", this would make a great army builder too!

Got Clones?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: April 5, 2005, 04:37 PM »
I hear the Target Cup version of this clone is the identical figure WITHOUT the action feature. While I doubt they'll ever be "common", this would make a great army builder too!

I believe we just discussed that issue in the Cup thread here, and someone (Jared?) concluded that the Clone still had the action feature.  Go scope that out to see, 'cause I don't recall the details now...

EDIT:  Yeah, same Clone.  Peter and Simdog both confirmed it.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2005, 04:38 PM by JediMAC »

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #40 on: April 8, 2005, 08:40 PM »
After seeing the pics of the SA Clone coming out later in the ROTS line, I'm not even sure there is a difference between it and the #6 Clone outside of the action feature not being present. The #6 Clone has 14 points of articulation, just as many as being touted for the SA Clone, so what could be different between the two? I'm happy with the #6 Clone, but will certainly pick up the SA Clone when I see it, but I'm not sure on what all the fuss is really about as we'll have two great Clones to choose from.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Mista_Carrot

• Youngling
  • that's orsome!
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Action Figure Reviews
« Reply #41 on: April 8, 2005, 09:16 PM »
The #6 Clone has 14 points of articulation, just as many as being touted for the SA Clone, so what could be different between the two?

Actually, Clone #6 has 13 points of articulation--he has no waist articulation; other than that, the articulation points are the same.

Can anyone post pictures of the Clone kneeling? I can't seem to get him to kneel right!

Here ya go!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #42 on: April 8, 2005, 09:28 PM »
holy poop in a hat i never noticed that #6 had no waist articulation. Ok so now there is a significant difference between the two. thanks for the 411
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 8, 2005, 11:34 PM »
Thank you, Carrot. I cant for the life of me seem to get any of mine into that pose. :-\

Kevin

Offline Aaron_D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 9, 2005, 01:04 AM »
I've been surprised at how easy this Clone has been to find so far.  I grabbed a couple early on, thinking I'd never see them again, but over the last couple days I've seen at least 10 of them at a couple different Targets near me.  Very disappointing about the lack of waist articulation though.  Bad idea to do that on such a potentially popular army building figure.