Author Topic: 2005 Red Metallic Darth Vader @ Target  (Read 39109 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Red Metallic Darth Vader @ Target
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2005, 03:00 PM »
When I price match DVDs, some weeks I don't have the actual ads from the newspaper and Best Buy lets me price match with a printout of the item from the competitor's website.

I wonder if Walmart would accept a print-out of the Target Coupon for the price match...

SilverZ

« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2005, 03:23 PM »
I can't wait until April 3rd when this headache melee is over.

Yeah, I totally agree. All of the exclusives, all hitting on the same day, are starting to really kill my enthusiasm for the figure release. I just want it to be over and done with now. There's simply no joy in rushing around trying to chace them down.

The whole stategy just became a lot more complex trying to work in a Walmart stop ASAP as well. The only hope is that the 29.99 price of whatever the thing turns out to be stops a lot of people from hoarding them all up.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2005, 03:26 PM »
Yeah, I totally agree. All of the exclusives, all hitting on the same day, are starting to really kill my enthusiasm for the figure release. I just want it to be over and done with now. There's simply no joy in rushing around trying to chace them down.

The whole stategy just became a lot more complex trying to work in a Walmart stop ASAP as well. The only hope is that the 29.99 price of whatever the thing turns out to be stops a lot of people from hoarding them all up.

Jared - I agree with you 100% - my enthusiasm for this is really dwindling. For me it's becoming more of a CHORE than it is the "Fun of collecting" - thank god this is the final movie year 'cause I don't think I could handle something WORSE than this in three years!

Like I said a few posts back. My ONLY hope for grabbing this "Early Bird" kit from WalMart is that the $30 price tag is going to prevent people from hoarding these things as eBay auction investments.

This is the first time in seven years that I am wishing I still lived near my parents in Fairfax, VA.... there is a shopping complex in Fairfax called "Fair Lakes Shopping Plaza" - it has all within seconds of each other a TRU, a Target and a WalMart.... That would make things A LOT easier. Here in NJ the Walmart is completely on the other side fo Toms River from the Target and TRU...  :-[
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 03:42 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2005, 03:37 PM »
Yeah, the fun is starting to seep out a little.  I'm to the point where I'm crafting a battle plan - a battle budget, I guess.  It's silly.  I won't get the Lava Vader, but the coupon means I will get the majority of the figs at Target - but I want to go to the TRU for Yoda.  This WM thing, depending on what it is, could mess up my whole plan.  I only planned on spending about $100. Sigh.  There will be casualties, folks.   :P

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2005, 04:49 PM »
Once I saw that the Vader would be such hell to get, both from a financial and sociological standpoint, I pretty much gave up on it.  The Holo Yoda would be very nice to have, but as I don't live within an hour of a TRU, I'm pretty much out of luck there (unless some fine person who lives near a TRU smiles down on me, that is).   :-*  So, at least on those two counts, the exclusives thing isn't going to come back and bite me in the ass.

This WM thing has me puzzled though...if it's actually something exclusive (as in a figure being different than a regular release) or something, I might buy it.  If it's just repackaged figures with a retro-display box (as it sounds), I think that I will be able to easily pass on this.  Given the "quality" of WM's recent three packs for the OT and CW DVDs, I have a feeling this "Early Bird" thing is going to be one big disappointment.

That being said, if they want to slap the first 12 Collection 1 figures in a box for 30 bucks (as opposed to paying 6 bucks for them individually), I'm all for that.   ;D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2005, 05:32 PM »
I managed to get the office phone number for the return address listed on the Target Coupons.  No one answered it today - so tomorrow first thing in the morning I'll give them a call and see what's up.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2005, 09:15 PM »
Just so I got this straight:  The only Target in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan should have gotten 36-48 Darth Vaders.  They don't know it, though, since they are under lock-n-key in the managers office.  So when Target opens Saturday morning, Mrs. Smith, ho pulls in to pick up her face cream and Mr. Jones, who needs some Tylenol, will be handed a coupon for the opportunity to BUY a toy???  Or do you have to ASK an employee for one when you enter the store?? 

as for Walmart (even though this is the Target thread)...If they are a 24 hour store, I can go there at 12:01am and if they are on the ball, I can buy new stuff??  But the "mystery" item may or may not be available until after 8:00 in the morning??  Oh joy... :P

Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2005, 09:18 PM »
Generically annoying comment:  it could be worse - you could be a collector living in Canada.  I want all the exclusives but none of our stores have given even the remotest hint that anything is up, with star wars toys let alone any promotional exclusive.  I could get these if I drove four hours to Fargo, but I can't really come up with an excuse for 9 hours out of the house starting from 4 am onwards that the wife is going to remotely buy.  And she shouldn't, she's letting me dump probably a grand to go to E3.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2005, 09:40 PM »
And she shouldn't, she's letting me dump probably a grand to go to E3.

Man, the price of tickets for Movies just keep going up! ;D

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2005, 09:43 PM »
Ouch, got me there. 

No really, lately I've been so bitchy/grumpy, I'm buying up the whole damn theater so I don't have to listen to anyone talk, hear a cell phone ring or some jackass rattle licorice wrappers :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2005, 10:00 PM »
Ouch, got me there. 

No really, lately I've been so bitchy/grumpy, I'm buying up the whole damn theater so I don't have to listen to anyone talk, hear a cell phone ring or some jackass rattle licorice wrappers :P

You know, I've contemplated doing that before, for movies such as The Punisher, and Hellboy.

If I only had a grand.

Kevin

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2005, 12:22 AM »
I wouldn't buy ONE seat for Punisher, let alone an entire theater's worth. 

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2005, 08:38 AM »
I am actually considering doing this as well as a "Thank you" to clients (and so I can write the thing off).  According to the manager, it is cheaper if I do it during the day and not on opening day, I just don't know if anybody would come on day 2.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2005, 09:49 AM »
I wouldn't buy ONE seat for Punisher, let alone an entire theater's worth. 

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you saw The Punisher and didn't like it. :P

Kevin

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2005, 10:46 AM »
I am actually considering doing this as well as a "Thank you" to clients (and so I can write the thing off).  According to the manager, it is cheaper if I do it during the day and not on opening day, I just don't know if anybody would come on day 2.

Hey Paul, feel free to consider Danny and I as prospective clients should you do such a thing...  ;)