Author Topic: 2005 Red Metallic Darth Vader @ Target  (Read 39237 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Red Metallic Darth Vader @ Target
« Reply #180 on: March 29, 2005, 04:51 PM »
I cant believe that there are 55 of them on ebay.

Yeah - neither can I - I am going to be FURIOUS if the Target in Toms River, NJ doesn't have them - they are going to need the security they supposedly are going to have there to keep me from going ape-**** on them all...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 29, 2005, 04:59 PM »
I cant believe that there are 55 of them on ebay.

I was watching a couple that started just yesterday at $0.99.  They both ended in the $70 plus range :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 29, 2005, 05:36 PM »
I feel sorry for half the people that will end up waiting in line all night only to be shortchanged.  This is the one exclusive I planned on overpaying due to the proximity of the closest Target.  I saw one at a comic shop today and I may end up going back and nabbing it. 

SilverZ

« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2005, 06:10 PM »
I'm with ya.

I were one of the folks at Target that set this up I'd be embarassed at the outcome already. Imagine how pissed you'd be if you showed up at 6:30am to find out all the exclusives got back-doored and hocked on eBay, quite possibley some by Target managers themselves.

Pathetic.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2005, 07:02 PM »
Well I went back and picked one up at the shop I saw it at.  Overpayed and I aint proud of it but I can set my mind at ease.  At least the Holo Yoda will be available online and the Walmart exclusive does not interest me.  Now to track one down for my loose collection :(

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Came with a $1 off EVERY figure you buy on 4/2 coupon. Probably old news, but I think I'll go to Target on 4/2.

Fella over at RS is saying the ROTS figures are going on sale for $4.99 the very next day, for the rest of the week.  Kinda renders the coupon pointless, other than the obvious issue of timing for the "impatient" folks that need to have everything on 4/2 (like me  :P)

It will help me to not feel like I'm in such a rush to get everything at Target on that first day now though, so that's somewhat relieving to know at least...

Then what's the [bleep]ing point of the coupons??? *sigh*

At least now I feel better about not getting a coupon--well, I haven't gotten one yet and my chances are rapidly dwindling.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2005, 07:42 PM »
I got mine in the mail today, completely unexpected, and I too was of the frame of mind that it really wasn't so big a deal now that they are putting stuff on $1 off sale the day after.

That's nice of them in a way, but it makes the coupon sorta redundant.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2005, 08:07 AM »
I guess you can look it like this.  You get to use the $1 off coupon on 4/2 when you know they will have all the merchandise there.  Most of us are going on 4/2 anyway.  Why they did not just mark it down for a $1 off that day anyway is beyond me?  I guess so could try and make you feal special with the mail coupon thing.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2005, 10:27 AM »
That's nice of them in a way, but it makes the coupon sorta redundant.

Well, I'm in the group that is hoping that maybe I'll be able to get a price adjustment after the fact...

Say I buy all my figures on 4/2 for $5.99 minus the $1 coupon = $4.99 each, right?

My receipt should look something like this:

087-06-1263     StarWars E3 C1     239.60
                         40 @ $5.99 each
087-06-1328     StarWars E3 C2     269.55
                         45 @ $5.99 each
                         Store Promo          -85.00

Well, what if you take the receipt to the CS desk on 4/3 and they can give you an adjustment from $5.99 to the sale price of $4.99?  It would then be possible that you may be able to save yet another dollar...

The thought of $3.99 RotS figures ($4.99 minus the $1 dollar coupon) is simply jaw-dropping...  :o

It may not work, but if the figures do turn out to be on sale I am totally going to try it.   ;)

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2005, 10:32 AM »
Brilliant idea Jeff - Target DOES price adjustments, so anything is possible. Worth going out to Target on Sunday just to try it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2005, 10:32 AM »
It works out similar to that if you manage to convince Walmart to take the Target Coupon... It'd be $4.24 - which is what I plan on trying.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2005, 06:06 PM »
It works out similar to that if you manage to convince Walmart to take the Target Coupon... It'd be $4.24 - which is what I plan on trying.

I think it depends on the manager and how bad they want your business.  A lot of managers are really cool and others don't give a crap if you shop there or not.

It's like everything else in life - it's a crap shoot.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 31, 2005, 08:41 AM »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 31, 2005, 10:45 AM »
Not to brag, but I was lucky enough to have a forum member sell me one of his that he found early for cost.

I will still go out on 4/2, but now I don't have to wait in line and risk the chance of not getting one.

As well, I know I won't have any luck finding clones, or the elusive regular DV - I am totally blown away by the fact that there is only ONE Darth Vader in the entire 3 3/4 ROTS line!!!

He is the focal point of this movie and the entire marketing campaign revolves around him - won't somebody please think of the children!!

Mark my words, this is the figure everybody will be clamoring for!

And on that note, please save some for the kiddies!  It always nice to see the kids get back into SW during a movie year....especially now that I have my own son who is only 2, yet loves to watch SW and begs to play with my Unleashed and Koto figures - only because he can't!

:D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 31, 2005, 11:26 AM »

As well, I know I won't have any luck finding clones, or the elusive regular DV - I am totally blown away by the fact that there is only ONE Darth Vader in the entire 3 3/4 ROTS line!!!

He is the focal point of this movie and the entire marketing campaign revolves around him - won't somebody please think of the children!!

Wait until you open one, you'll be even more disappointed.  Action feature aside, the cape sits funny, he stands poorly, if at all and his left arm has no articulation at the elbow, so his arm is fixed in a funny position regardless of where you put it.  The chain for the cape is weak (absurdly large) and frankly he's too skinny.  One figure and it's not even very good :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.