Author Topic: Holo Yoda?  (Read 22004 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Holo Yoda?
« on: March 4, 2005, 04:36 PM »
Are they insane?

I wonder if this is just NYC TRU, and not all over.  Talk about taking advantage of your customers.   ::)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 02:32 PM by Nataku »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: $35 for Holo Yoda?!?!
« Reply #1 on: March 4, 2005, 05:26 PM »
Oh, well in that case I won't be on a mission to get this.  I thought they would do the $20 worth of Star Wars purchases and then get it free.  I was going to do that and then go to Target and buy $20 worth there and get that Vader for free. 

Guess it's back to spending $5.88 at Wal-Mart for me if both places are going to set the limit at $35. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: March 4, 2005, 05:33 PM »
$35 or $20, it doesn't really matter I guess unless the spending limit I had set was $20 anyway...  Seems like there's plenty enough to work up a $35 tab between a couple of stores to get the exclusive...

Hell it'd be borderline worth paying that just to avoid a Wal-Mart after the experiences I've had there the last couple days, haha.

Now, if figures were $1 or $2 more at another store, then I'd definitely go to WM, just out of principle of not paying more than what the SRP is...  That's a rip-off.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 4, 2005, 05:54 PM »
Yeah, you are right.  I plan to get at least $100 worth of merchandise on 4/2.  Maybe more.  I was just kind of surprised it was $35.  They know the diehards are going to pay that the first day.  There sure is enough product to do so.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: March 4, 2005, 06:18 PM »
Yeah I think it's just a way to "guarantee" themselves more of their crap goes than the next guy.

I'm not planning to buy a TON right away but I think I can eek out $35 at TRU...  Dunno how Target's handling their deal though with the Vader.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 4, 2005, 06:24 PM »
$35 = Unleashed Grevious  and like 4-5 figures, not a problem.   Thats means I should qualify for at least 10 Yodas, lol.   ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: March 4, 2005, 07:50 PM »
I obviously won't have a problem spending the $35, of course.  I'll be dropping about 20x that, I'm anticipating...  I just hope they'll give me TWO of the things without a hassle, even if I have to ring my **** up separately.

Then I've got to do more of the same over at Target the next morning, to nab a couple of the exclusive Vaders as well.

I just hope there's no shortages on these figures at either chain, and that they have enough decent MOMC figures to go around as well.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #7 on: March 4, 2005, 08:35 PM »
I'll be spending $35 for sure, but I just think it's a bit dodgy considering previous promotions like this only cost $20.  And since I wanted two, this might make it hard for a poor boy like me.  Assuming they even let you buy two.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #8 on: March 4, 2005, 11:52 PM »
I was kind of hoping for two as well, but I guess I'll stick with just one, since I'm trying to avoid buying carded figures until clearance time.

I just hope there's enough for everyone who wants one. The Silver figures disappeared pretty quick around here, but that was also at $20.
I doubt I'll have a problem dropping $35, though.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2005, 02:28 AM by Hasbro's Missing Integrity »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 5, 2005, 03:10 PM »
I think the limit of one-per-person was set in Times Square to ensure the maximum number of people get them on the opening night. While the Times Square store might be getting the most in stock, I'm confident that a good number will show up at each store. If you go in right when they open you should have good success in scoring as many as you need.

If they give me a hard time I'll just have them ring up my stuff in parts. It will be easy to come up with three or four $35 purchases!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Holo Yoda?
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 10:15 AM »
After hearing all the hoops that one has to jump through to get the Lavader, does anyone have any info on how the Holo Yoda will be made available?  Hopefully, it will just be on the pegs at TRU like the rest of the figs on 4/2.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Holo Yoda?
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2005, 10:29 AM »
There was a press release for the TRU Times Square store in NYC that said it was a "Buy $35, get one free" deal, but we haven't see any other confirmations of that at other stores just yet...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2005, 10:45 AM »
My guess is that TRU will be the more accomodating of the two stores. Target is just being jerks with regards to their exclusive, especially since the hoops don't involve moving any E3 products from their stores.

TRU on the other hand wants you to buy stuff from them and get the Yoda for free. My guess is that there will be pegs of Yoda just like there were pegs of the last Silver Vader and if you want to get it for $9.99 you can, otherwise if you spent $35 you get him for free.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2005, 04:19 PM »
Holo Yoda is up on Amazon/TRU but not available yet and no price given.

Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Holographic Yoda
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 04:28 PM by Nataku »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2005, 08:27 PM »
The Target situation is laughably bad.  I don't think the Holo Yoda will be a problem at all (at least I hope not) especially if he's available online.